You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 125>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:54pm

There's your song. Obafemi Obafemi, Obafemi Obafemi Oh oh oh oh Obafemi

Edited by ShamtheRam - 13 Nov 2018 at 1:59pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Danger here, OH NO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

LOLClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:14pm
We have a winner
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

This is getting beyond a joke at this stage. If a player is unsure then don’t include him in the squad, MON is getting on my wick at this stage, it’s clear he has no interest in our long term future.
If he'd left him out the squad though due to doubts about his commitment he'd have been crucified by most folks on here for doing precisely that. I don't like the way MON sets us up as a team but its ridiculous to blame him for all these dual nationality problems, that's inevitably going to come about through being reliant on English raised players and all the chopping and changing that the eligibility rules allow - which we have benefited from in the case of Robinson and Clark.
MON is only reiterating what Hughes already knows and is also suggested by the number of squads Obafemi has pulled out of this season and last at underage level.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

This is getting beyond a joke at this stage. If a player is unsure then don’t include him in the squad, MON is getting on my wick at this stage, it’s clear he has no interest in our long term future.
If he'd left him out the squad though due to doubts about his commitment he'd have been crucified by most folks on here for doing precisely that. I don't like the way MON sets us up as a team but its ridiculous to blame him for all these dual nationality problems, that's inevitably going to come about through being reliant on English raised players and all the chopping and changing that the eligibility rules allow - which we have benefited from in the case of Robinson and Clark.
MON is only reiterating what Hughes already knows and is also suggested by the number of squads Obafemi has pulled out of this season and last at underage level.

O'Neill wouldn't be crucified at all. Fool me once and all that Jazz. We've been through it with Rice, Grealish (to an extent). 

You give them a call before hand, ask them how they feel about a potential call up. End of. 

When the media press him on the issue of why haven't you called up so and so. O'Neill can be honest. I asked the question and the young lad needed time. This doesn't fall on O'Neill. The landscape has changed and if you have to roll out the red carpet and drop down on one knee to attract a player to the international set up (who may amount to nothing) then fook that.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:31pm
I have no issue if any English born or raised guy opts for England or in this case Nigeria but I’m old enough to remember when it was a honor to play international football. 
At this stage I’d genuinely prefer to have guys who are committed than higher profile players who are half arsed about playing for Ireland.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:38pm

Would any other previous Irish manager lose/potentially lose these dual national players? I would have no doubt in my mind that say if someone like Mick McCarthy was in charge that there wouldn't be a hope in hell these dual national lads would contemplate jumping ship.
The only way is up
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Would any other previous Irish manager lose/potentially lose these dual national players? I would have no doubt in my mind that say if someone like Mick McCarthy was in charge that there wouldn't be a hope in hell these dual national lads would contemplate jumping ship.

16 years ago. Things change.

Declan Rice, etc wouldn't have gotten a sniff of an England squad in days gone by. But England and their premier league are a victim of their own success. The talent pool isn't there as it one was.

Henderson & Dyer in their midfield. Cmon. LOL If Andy Townsend came on the scene today, he'd be playing for England. 

O'Neill is unfortunately a victim of these changing times for England's national team.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

16 years ago. Things change.

Declan Rice, etc wouldn't have gotten a sniff of an England squad in days gone by. But England and their premier league are a victim of their own success. The talent pool isn't there as it one was.

Henderson & Dyer in their midfield. Cmon. LOL If Andy Townsend came on the scene today, he'd be playing for England. 

O'Neill is unfortunately a victim of these changing times for England's national team.

Brexit is probably the best thing to happen to English Football since Paul Gascoigne
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:10pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm

This is absolute nonsense and the exact sh*t that goes on in MONs head. 

Any GOOD manager who is in the detail knows what up and coming players are on the scene and makes sure either they are watching them or a scout / fella working for said country is monitoring the situation. 

So I'll start it again. 

GREALISH: Stevie Wonder knew he was a talent. Played all the way up with Irish squads. Irish player of the etc. Get him in the squad and get him capped.

RICE: People were talking about him for a while, flying in the underage setup. Get him in the squad and get him capped. 

People are far too nice and far too naive FFS. Get them in and get them capped. Obafemi the same. Crowley the same. We are a tiny island with a small pool of players. Wales have spent time and effort in this area and it is working for them and other countries with small pools / options. 

We need to wake up and realise that beggars can't be choosers. If there is a talent out there with a sniff of duel and involved in our under age setup we get them in and cap them. They can go back to the 21's or 19's after but that it is closed. 

His interview about this chap is so worrying. Shut up Martin talking bollocks and just cap this kid. What's wrong with people? Oh they should be honoured, times have changed etc. We need players, if they are playing underage with us, they must be interested so less of the rubbish. Get them in and get them capped. How many more players are going to be in this situation. We need to be more ruthless and stop worrying about everyone else. Worry about us. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Bibi Baskin Bibi Baskin wrote:

Obafemi Commited > http://www.punditarena.com/football/rbarrett/michael-obafemi-committed-ireland/

Seriously? There isn't a single source in that article. Nothing to indicate that anything has changed or the player is even considering another country. Worse than a UK tabloid that pundit arena.

However, Pundit Arena can reveal that Michael Obafemi has outlined his intentions to represent the Republic of Ireland, dismissing any potential switch to Nigeria or England as mere speculation

Reveal what? From who?

Confused
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:26pm
Pundit Arena ffs LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Bibi Baskin Bibi Baskin wrote:

Obafemi Commited > http://www.punditarena.com/football/rbarrett/michael-obafemi-committed-ireland/

O'Neill only said in his last presser that he still isn't fully committed.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:28pm
He is in our squad for a friendly and a competitive game, that says to me he is committed. Cap him on Thursday and Monday please MON. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:48pm

I have no issue if any English born or raised guy opts for England or in this case Nigeria but I’m old enough to remember when it was a honor to play international football. 
At this stage I’d genuinely prefer to have guys who are committed than higher profile players who are half arsed about playing for Ireland.

My sentiments entirely.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

[QUOTE=forza trapp]

This is absolute nonsense and the exact sh*t that goes on in MONs head. 

Any GOOD manager who is in the detail knows what up and coming players are on the scene and makes sure either they are watching them or a scout / fella working for said country is monitoring the situation. 

So I'll start it again. 

GREALISH: Stevie Wonder knew he was a talent. Played all the way up with Irish squads. Irish player of the etc. Get him in the squad and get him capped.

RICE: People were talking about him for a while, flying in the underage setup. Get him in the squad and get him capped. 

People are far too nice and far too naive FFS. Get them in and get them capped. Obafemi the same. Crowley the same. We are a tiny island with a small pool of players. Wales have spent time and effort in this area and it is working for them and other countries with small pools / options. 

We need to wake up and realise that beggars can't be choosers. If there is a talent out there with a sniff of duel and involved in our under age setup we get them in and cap them. They can go back to the 21's or 19's after but that it is closed. 

His interview about this chap is so worrying. Shut up Martin talking bollocks and just cap this kid. What's wrong with people? Oh they should be honoured, times have changed etc. We need players, if they are playing underage with us, they must be interested so less of the rubbish. Get them in and get them capped. How many more players are going to be in this situation. We need to be more ruthless and stop worrying about everyone else. Worry about us. 
He did try and pick them and get them capped, in fact in Declan Rice's case literally. It was Grealish and Rice's decision to withdraw themselves from selection, not MON's. Turning up to the odd underage game is no proof of long term commitment. They have nothing to lose by playing for us at that level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 125>
  Share Topic