You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:52pm
Dropped, rotated out or left out due to transfer stuff. Either way he's not in the starting team tonight.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Dropped, rotated out or left out due to transfer stuff. Either way he's not in the starting team tonight.
He’s being sold I’d guess so 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:00pm

Doubt its transfer anyway, would hardly travel with the match day squad and be named on the bench if he was on the move elsewhere. Would be leaving him an hour by the time the full whistle goes to complete a move. Most likely just dropped, has been fairly poor/ineffective going by recent match reports/ratings.

Edited by Bandwagon - 31 Aug 2022 at 7:01pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:06pm
Possibly, but he does have 25 hours to move after the game, as the transfer window doesn't close until tomorrow!
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Doubt its transfer anyway, would hardly travel with the match day squad and be named on the bench if he was on the move elsewhere. Would be leaving him an hour by the time the full whistle goes to complete a move. Most likely just dropped, has been fairly poor/ineffective going by recent match reports/ratings.
deadline is tomorrow - i also thought it was today until N hour ago.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:07pm
Transfer window doesn't close until tomorrow night. Swansea did play 4-3-3 in their last game with Piroe out wide right. Might see them both competing for the CF role rather than shoe horning both into the team. Neither player is playing well and Piroe has looked like he doesn't give a sh*t and wants out.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:41pm
A fair bit of talk about him moving to Burnley , just talk .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:21pm
They've signed Turkish international Halil Dervisoglu from Brentford on loan so probably won't have interest in Obafemi this window.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 6:00pm
8 million burnley bid rejected according to rte
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 6:32pm
The Athletic have something too :

Burnley have had a second bid for Swansea striker Michael Obafemi rejected, The Athletic understands.

The Turf Moor club are understood to have made an offer rising to around £8million but made up of significant add-ons.

It remains to be seen whether Burnley will return with another offer before Thursday night's deadline.

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 6:34pm
Fee seems low if it is heavily based on add-ons. He has a lot of upside for a lad so young and fast and skillful. £8m up front or in installments or whatever what these deals are structured but £8m seems about right as a fee for him, maybe in the 6-8m range? Not sure.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:00pm
Burnley would have been a top move for him....they'll be heavily in the mix, Swansea floundering in the table
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:33pm
Irish footballers seem to be going through a rough patch with no luck as a collective the last few weeks and this typifies it!

Either Burnley or Watford would have been perfect literally the ideal replacement for Emmanuel Dennis a carbon copy replacement for him and Burnley he would have flourished too.

Swansea on the other hand are a mess the manager I don't rate and it wouldn't actually surprise me if he doesn't start the next few games now as they stumbled to a 1-0 win the other night will just try and play the same boys and hope to stumble to another win! 

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 8:36am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Irish footballers seem to be going through a rough patch with no luck as a collective the last few weeks and this typifies it!

Either Burnley or Watford would have been perfect literally the ideal replacement for Emmanuel Dennis a carbon copy replacement for him and Burnley he would have flourished too.

Swansea on the other hand are a mess the manager I don't rate and it wouldn't actually surprise me if he doesn't start the next few games now as they stumbled to a 1-0 win the other night will just try and play the same boys and hope to stumble to another win! 

Many see Obafemi as the second coming on here, but to be fair he still has plenty to prove and he is at a club where he should start regularly which is what we all want. He still has to put to bed long term concerns over his fitness, so far, so good on that front. Burnley and Watford are stronger clubs but they also have keener competition which could have seen him consigned to bench duty. He's grand where he is, Swansea may not be great, but the manager tries to play progressive football. It's up to Obafemi to stay in the first XI.
Idah Dream!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:26pm
Not in squad today. No injury afaik. Threw a wobbler after failed move...?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:59pm
Could have or manager could have left him out if he felt he wasn't focused enough for today's game. Goodwin did it McGrath back in January dropping him out for a bit and happened to McNamara at the start of the season when there was interest in him and Millwall were trying to get him to sign a new contract.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:01pm
Whatever his situation he'll find it hard getting back into the starting XI if Martin continues with 4-3-3 and Piroe is scoring goals as the CF.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:31pm
He’ll be back. Meanwhile young Oko-Flex has made his debut, coming on after an hour.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 125>
  Share Topic