You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miami Showband Netflix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miami Showband Netflix
    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:59pm
Watched this the other night. Not much new that I wasn't aware of but just wondering did anyone watch it and if so was there anything you hadn't heard before? Absolutely crazy time. The UDR in particular were just terrorists in uniform. Always will be to me.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:21pm
My Dad was in a showband during the time and would have known them. He hated playing up the north. One 12th of July he was playing in Mosney and not sure if both sides were trying to get away from all the hassle that the day brings but the place got trashed. Loads of chalets and restaurants got wrecked. 
The dark side.. And the light
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

My Dad was in a showband during the time and would have known them. He hated playing up the north. One 12th of July he was playing in Mosney and not sure if both sides were trying to get away from all the hassle that the day brings but the place got trashed. Loads of chalets and restaurants got wrecked. 

obviously music loversWink
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Watched this the other night. Not much new that I wasn't aware of but just wondering did anyone watch it and if so was there anything you hadn't heard before? Absolutely crazy time. The UDR in particular were just terrorists in uniform. Always will be to me.

Monaghan Town is in the North.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:26pm
I'd no idea about Wallace getting framed for a murder and Holroyd getting sent to a mental hospital.  Absolutely horrendous stuff from the Brits, to add to Ballymurphy, Bloody Sunday and Loughinisland to name but three.   Horsebox also recommends "Unquiet Graves".....

Stephen Travers is a colossus of a man. Clap

A must-watch if you ain't yet.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic