You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metallica or The Cure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Metallica or The Cure
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [38.98%]
23 [38.98%]
13 [22.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Metallica were excellent last night. Little slip ups, including Hetfield repeating the first verse of Enter Sandman, but the band were very tight. The setlist encompasses a lot of Hardwired, and a lot of their historical greatest hits. It actually was the first Metallica gig I’ve been to in two decades where I didn’t get to hear a song I had not heard before. Certainly a diverse range of fans from the hardcore fanatics, to the soft fans, to the Slane devotees who will attend Slane no matter who plays.

I was also interested in Ghost, which included a short came from Papa Emeritus II. They are show-people and the lead singer was quite entertaining in the words he chose when addressing the crowd. I saw nothing of the other support acts.

After GnR in 2017, I’ve come to accept some of the difficulties associated with Slane. The long walk for the bus being one of them, the dispersed beer stations and the limited choice of beer. The toilets will probably never be able to sufficiently cater for 75,000 people. Driving is the way to go, and it is better to arrive to the car park around 4pm, and the venue is next door. Bussing it is something I’d probably not be willing to do again.

Looking forward to seeing them again in Twickenham in 10 days time.

Would have liked something of death magnetic on the set list but really enjoyed it.

Last night was the first time I drove, came in from the drogheda direction instead of the usual northern direction, the car park was much closer on this side so a lot less walking involved.

I still prefer the bus though, it’s a longer walk coming from the Dundalk side but just prefer the craic doing it that way

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Metallica were excellent last night. Little slip ups, including Hetfield repeating the first verse of Enter Sandman, but the band were very tight. The setlist encompasses a lot of Hardwired, and a lot of their historical greatest hits. It actually was the first Metallica gig I’ve been to in two decades where I didn’t get to hear a song I had not heard before. Certainly a diverse range of fans from the hardcore fanatics, to the soft fans, to the Slane devotees who will attend Slane no matter who plays.

I was also interested in Ghost, which included a short came from Papa Emeritus II. They are show-people and the lead singer was quite entertaining in the words he chose when addressing the crowd. I saw nothing of the other support acts.

After GnR in 2017, I’ve come to accept some of the difficulties associated with Slane. The long walk for the bus being one of them, the dispersed beer stations and the limited choice of beer. The toilets will probably never be able to sufficiently cater for 75,000 people. Driving is the way to go, and it is better to arrive to the car park around 4pm, and the venue is next door. Bussing it is something I’d probably not be willing to do again.

Looking forward to seeing them again in Twickenham in 10 days time.

Would have liked something of death magnetic on the set list but really enjoyed it.

Last night was the first time I drove, came in from the drogheda direction instead of the usual northern direction, the car park was much closer on this side so a lot less walking involved.

I still prefer the bus though, it’s a longer walk coming from the Dundalk side but just prefer the craic doing it that way

Metallica have always regulated their setlist based on whether the tour is “promotional” or not. Hence the five songs from Hardwired last night. A decade ago you would have had four or five DM songs per gig as it was the DM tour.

But like you say, I’d like to have seen at least one song, and a bit more Kill em All.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 5:51pm
we camped.  If anyone good plays again I would defo do it that way again.  Both ghost and Metallica were excellent.  Great weekend's craic.  Get to do it all again next month in Gothenburg!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 6:15pm
Just read Metallica donated €35k to the Capucian Day Centre which does fantastic work with the homeless in Dublin.

Clap
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 12:54pm
James Hetfield returned to rehab. 

Very sad to hear. Addiction is such a curse.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:09pm

James Hetfield returned to rehab. 

Very sad to hear. Addiction is such a curse.
In most cases I would agree, he is a very disagreeable individual though.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:10pm
No intention of entertaining that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm

Nobody asked you to! I understand you are a big fan, I’m not and that is largely down to the fact that are horrid people. They have written some excellent music, but just watch ‘Some Kind of Monster’. It’s an amazing documentary, but it really highlights how petty and greedy they all are, Hetfield and the **** on drums in particular.

Edited by pre Madonna - 28 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nobody asked you to! I understand you are a big fan, I’m not and that is largely down to the fact that are horrid people. They have written some excellent music, but just watch ‘Some Kind of Monster’. It’s an amazing documentary, but it really highlights how petty and greedy they all are, Hetfield and the **** on drums in particular.

You've watched some amount of documentaries, movies and TV shows. Are you semi-retired?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You've watched some amount of documentaries, movies and TV shows. Are you semi-retired?
And read a lot of books and listened to a lot of music. Just have an interest in things really.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:34pm
Metallica have uploaded the entire Slane gig on YouTube, just after watching the whole thing again Clap

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:28pm
Picked up tickets to Dublin show today!! 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:40pm
Would anyone have a 3 pre sale code for tickets to the Cure if they are not using them?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Would anyone have a 3 pre sale code for tickets to the Cure if they are not using them?

Went to get one there for you but they're gone now.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 4:41pm
Cheers. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 4:44pm
MCD pre sale either
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 5:12pm
A mate of mine got me a ticket earlier. I'd always been more of a greatest hits man with them but then I saw their gig on the BBC from Glastonbury. I'd say I only knew about half the setlist but they were brilliant.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

MCD pre sale either
starts tomorrow @9. Just have to register with MCD. No code in email.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic