You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Messi, THE Greatest.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 3:42am
Player of the tournament at World Cup 2014 according to FIFA.
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:05pm
Cheers Phil , I'll keep that in mind when talking about Messiah . It's just a pity the two greatest players of the modern era are both on the stage at the same time . Well it's not a pity it's great to see but you probably won't get 2 players of that calibre playing at the same time for a very long time . Right lads .... Who has the better looking missus between them ? See how f**k ye really are ?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:08pm
Bollix.
Back in the 80s we had Maradona, Zico and Platini threading the boards at the same time.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Cheers Phil , I'll keep that in mind when talking about Messiah . It's just a pity the two greatest players of the modern era are both on the stage at the same time . Well it's not a pity it's great to see but you probably won't get 2 players of that calibre playing at the same time for a very long time . Right lads .... Who has the better looking missus between them ? See how f**k ye really are ?
I'm really f**k, me
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 2:11pm

Don't mind Philly.

He thinks Neymer is the greatest of them all.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:15pm
Ah there we are now .... Even Wayne agrees with me . Go'wan the Christy....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2823765/Cristiano-Ronaldo-best-player-world-says-England-captain-Wayne-Rooney-Real-Madrid-star-wins-Golden-Shoe.html
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:21pm
Rooney has changed his tune like a lot of people in the last 2 years
in 2012 he was calling Messi the best every - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0fCkvxy50

I myself have always said Messi was better, but in 2013 and 2014 its hard to deny Ronaldo the Ballon D'Or
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

in 2012 he was calling Messi the best every - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0fCkvxy50

I myself have always said Messi was better, but in 2013 and 2014 its hard to deny Ronaldo the Ballon D'Or

Agreed , the tables have turned & Ronaldo is leading the way at the minute & prob just as good for the next 2 years
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 4:44pm
Messi 3 or 4 years ago was the best footballer i've ever seen though

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 6:23am

Lionel Messi's father Jorge says the prospect of his son leaving Barcelona is "not even on the table", after an interview the 27-year-old gave earlier this week prompted speculation about a move away. (Daily Mail) 

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:44pm

Agreed , the tables have turned & Ronaldo is leading the way at the minute & prob just as good for the next 2 years

I think its fair to say Messi started off at an incredibly high standard and has kept that standard for a number of years. He has some ups and down periods but over a whole season he has always been amazing.

But hats off to Ronaldo, I believe he works extremely hard and gets 10% better each season. He has been the better player than Messi the last few seasons.

Both are in the top 5 players I have seen in my lifetime - the others being Phat Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 2:11pm
You really think Figo was that good, or are you talking about players you've seen play in the flesh?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 3:46pm

You really think Figo was that good, or are you talking about players you've seen play in the flesh?

Never seen in the flesh. He was just one of those players that always seem to have so much time on the ball, he could beat a player with skill not pace and scored/assisted some great goals.

He was a brilliant player to watch as every time he got the ball you expected something to happen. A bit like Ronaldinho before he became fat.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:17pm
LM has set a La Liga goalscoring record tonight his hat trick v Sevilla has put him on 253 goals.
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:28pm
Great hat trick too. Legend
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

LM has set a La Liga goalscoring record tonight his hat trick v Sevilla has put him on 253 goals.
Clap

What a player.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 3:02pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Francis View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:16pm
Agreed. he's off to jail soon for tax evasion so i reckon hes not arsed anymore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic