Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Messi, THE Greatest.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Messi, THE Greatest.........
    Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:53pm
Player on the planet Clap, fook Ronaldo, fook that stocking Ibrahimovic.

MESSI - MESSI - MESSI Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm
Messi has scored against Ajax tonight his thirty third goal in his last thirty two CL matches. 
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 8:46pm
Ronaldo all the way for me .... Messi was the best and when he was the best 3-4 years ago he never stepped up a level again . People can say he couldn't step up as he had it all but the last 3 years Ronaldo has stepped it up and is a more complete player . Real Madrid's all time scoring legend Raul is just 2 goals ahead of Ronaldo and he has still plenty left in the tank .
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:25pm
Messi equals Raul tonight

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Ronaldo all the way for me .... Messi was the best and when he was the best 3-4 years ago he never stepped up a level again . People can say he couldn't step up as he had it all but the last 3 years Ronaldo has stepped it up and is a more complete player . Real Madrid's all time scoring legend Raul is just 2 goals ahead of Ronaldo and he has still plenty left in the tank .

Messi never stepped up .

What exactly more did you want him to do?

Ronaldo had a smashing World Cup to copper-fasten his number one spot .

Don't get me wrong, I like Ronaldo and both players are head and shoulders above everyone else.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:27pm
71 CL goals for the little genuis.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:29pm

4 Ballon D'or's. Get the f**king boat cheif.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:30pm
Messi never stepped up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Messi never stepped up .

What exactly more did you want him to do?

Ronaldo had a smashing World Cup to copper-fasten his number one spot .

Don't get me wrong, I like Ronaldo and both players are head and shoulders above everyone else.

To be fair to Ronaldo he wasn't fit in the world cup.

There's no doubt Messi has done it on more vital occasions than Ronaldo imo. It was Bale more than Ronaldo that stepped up in the final against Athletico in the last half hour I thought.

Messi can just create space out of nothing and under severe pressure which I don't think Ronaldo does to the same extent but then Ronaldo is better in the air. They're both fantastic but I'd have Messi ahead of him.

Edited by irishmufc - 05 Nov 2014 at 9:41pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:53pm
Ronaldo has the next Ballon D'Or wrapped up leaving him 1 less than Messi & has a strong team around him & getting stronger . Don't forget Messi has played only for Barca and with one of the greatest teams ever around him . Ronaldo played in a United team that he single handedly won games & trophys for . In terms of stepping up ... Messi was best & Ronaldo was 2nd best but Ronaldo was driven to succeed & he wanted to be recognised as the best in the world & stepped up his game & is a more completed player . A lot of people hate the way Ronaldo is cocky & arrogant nut we are measuring the quality of player not the quality of man . I'm sure wee Messi understands
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 10:36pm
Messi is one of the greatest no doubt. As is Ronaldo. Don't know why some people cant appreciate both players for what they are. They are football legends already.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Messi has scored against Ajax tonight his thirty third goal in his last thirty two CL matches. 
Clap
That is incredible
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:43pm

Ronaldo has the next Ballon D'Or wrapped up leaving him 1 less than Messi & has a strong team around him & getting stronger . Don't forget Messi has played only for Barca and with one of the greatest teams ever around him . Ronaldo played in a United team that he single handedly won games & trophys for . In terms of stepping up ... Messi was best & Ronaldo was 2nd best but Ronaldo was driven to succeed & he wanted to be recognised as the best in the world & stepped up his game & is a more completed player . A lot of people hate the way Ronaldo is cocky & arrogant nut we are measuring the quality of player not the quality of man . I'm sure wee Messi understands
Hey Butch, I'm sure the wee fella lies awake at night contemplating the idiotic ramblings of the gobsh*tes on this forum. As does CR3 no doubt.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:44pm
CR3 isn't half the player CR7 is
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

CR3 isn't half the player CR7 is
Or LM4...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 12:08am
No, he is 3/4
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 12:44am
Butch, I see your new to these parts, a quick piece of advice for ya

Rule number 1 in the rotw is thou shalt not besmirch the messi fella or your branded some kind of fool/idiot <insert disparaging remark> Thumbs Up

Edited by PhilliyK - 06 Nov 2014 at 12:45am
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:46am
I know everybody will have a different opinion on matters in football but i find it amazing how people can compare Ronaldo or anybody else to Messi. The little man is by far the greatest player that has and probably ever will step onto a football field. Messi's dribbling,reactions,acceleration and technique is simply unbelievable. Ronaldo has great traits with the power, speed & finishing he's a machine but i think there will be more players that will be similiar to him with enough dedication. I find it hard to believe anybody will come along that can beat 4-5 players then dink it over the keeper as easy as Messi does. I believe he's the greatest ever.
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic