Poll Question: Well?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [78.85%]
11 [21.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Messi or Ronaldo, who was/is better?
    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 8:20pm
Settle a bet

Messi for me, as Miguel Delaney has said on twitter this afternoon, going by stats is ridiculous, Messi is a better 'footballer'.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 8:32pm
I flip flop between both. On God given talent you say Messi. But when you add it all up can you argue with someone who says Ronaldo? The man is a machine. The dedication. I sway towards Messi but i didnt vote.
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 9:05pm
Messi. No question. 
Ronaldo is a serious goalscorer but Messi is more than just goals 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 9:06pm
Ronaldo doing better than I expected in the vote
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:03pm
Messi has 672 and Ronaldo 676 in club football, Messi has played almost 100 games less. 
Ronaldo 111 and Messi 79 in International football. 

Messi will probably end up with more career goals if you want to go by merely those stats. 

Messi gets a lot more assists. 

I agreed with most of what Carragher said on this tonight in his debate with Neville on it. 
Messi is the greatest
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:12pm
Messi.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:32pm
Messi no question. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:59am
Always feel it's United fans who say Ronaldo and everyone else says Messi.

I think Messi's is a better player overall. Ronaldo gets lauded because of his dedication, training, etc but there's no way Messi would have had the consistency he's had without the same level of dedication. Perfect example of this is how many of the exact same type of goal he's scored over the years.

Both are phenomenal goal scorers though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:57am
Quote from some lad on twitter which some up both players.

Cristiano Ronaldo can win you a game if you give it to him in the box.

Lionel Messi can win you a game if you give it to him on the half-way line.
Chips don't bounce
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:03am
Messi better. Ronaldo is class tho, his determination (he is not as natural as Messi).

Don’t even know why there is debate, should be blessed to have both of them playing. Luckily I have seen both live, a privilege. Just a pity Messi never played Premier league.

Haaland is protégé to the crown, his stats are jaw dropping too.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:59am
Messi for me - 

However I think both players have been head and shoulders above everyone else the last 12 to 15 years.

2 exceptional players.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:19am
Two different players in a way. Ronaldo is an out and out goalscorer and maybe the better of the two in that area over the long haul. Whereas Messi is just as lethal up front but then a top creative midfielder too so a top striker and creative midfielder rolled into one. 
You would probably have to say Messi then but it's really splitting hairs as there are cases for both 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Sep 2021 at 9:19am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:28am
Very close but Messi
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:29am
Why am I not allowed to vote in this poll?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:05am
I've no problem saying Messi is the better technical footballer, but I must say I always preferred watching Ronaldo. Think I preferred his style of play than Messi's. 

There's a stat to prove everything as they say, but Ronaldo's international record is far superior than Messi. Achieved more goal and medal-wise than Messi, with a lesser team.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Why am I not allowed to vote in this poll?
you are restricted to Glasgow related polls 👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:10am
Two excellent footballers Messi just shades it for me.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:12am
To the poster who said it's only United fans who say Ronaldo. I find the total opposite in this debate-if anyone wants to call it a debate. I find with United fans they are split on the Messi/Ronaldo debate which is the way it should be. For me, it's all those anti-United (and mostly if you're not United, you are anti-United) fans who can't get the name Ronaldo out of their mouths when this debate comes up because all of the success United had through the invention of new-age football still sticks sourly in their throat. 

Edited by SteoC - 14 Sep 2021 at 11:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic