You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Messi haters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 11:42pm
Wouldn't agree that Neymar and Ronaldo don't kick out at players. Remember Ronaldo kicking Messi a few times recently. Threw an elbow against Malaga before and sent off for a kick against Almeria. Neymar recently sent off for Santos although it was debatable whether it was a stamp or accidental. The 3 of them do it and I don't fookin blame them. No one has a better way of stopping them than hacking them down.

Edited by tribalarmy - 29 Oct 2012 at 11:43pm
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Wouldn't agree that Neymar and Ronaldo don't kick out at players. Remember Ronaldo kicking Messi a few times recently. Threw an elbow against Malaga before and sent off for a kick against Almeria. Neymar recently sent off for Santos although it was debatable whether it was a stamp or accidental. The 3 of them do it and I don't fookin blame them. No one has a better way of stopping them than hacking them down.
Agree that they do it/have done it in the past, CR7 not so much these days but still has done it, Neymar also but my point on this was that while CR7 and Neymar get dragged over hot coals for it Messi gets sfa said about it, why is that?
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 12:09am
Ya but Philly would you not think that dislike would be better directed at Gerry Armstrong, the media etc then rather than messi?
Oh Poland we loved you.....
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:15am
The best player since Zizu, Messi Clap
KingLeo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Messi will eventually suffer from Frank Lampard syndrome. He will be so untouched by the media people will look for faults and will eventually become underrated by the footballing public.

Ronaldos legacy will be stronger.

First post.

Unfortunatly for Ronaldo his legacy will centre around his label as the 2nd best player in the world.

He won't go down in history as a 'God tier' player such as Pele, Cruyff or Maradona. He won't even go down as the greatest ever player/Legend for any of the teams he has ever played for.. United (George Best) Madrid (Di Stefano/Puskas) Portugal ( Eusebio )

Cristiano will join the likes God's such as Zidane, Ronaldo de Lima and Ronaldhino.

Messi however will join immortals like such as Pele and Maradona.

Edited by KingLeo - 30 Oct 2012 at 2:57am
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by KingLeo KingLeo wrote:

Messi will eventually suffer from Frank Lampard syndrome. He will be so untouched by the media people will look for faults and will eventually become underrated by the footballing public.

First post.

Unfortunatly for Ronaldo his legacy will centre around his label as the 2nd best player in the world.

He won't go down in history as a 'God tier' player such as Pele, Cruyff or Maradona. He won't even go down as the greatest ever player/Legend for any of the teams he has ever played for.. United (George Best) Madrid (Di Stefano/Puskas) Portugal ( Eusebio )

Cristiano will join the likes God's such as Zidane, Ronaldo de Lima and Ronaldhino.

Good first post!
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

First post.

Good first post!

Slightly harsh on Ronaldo given that he's only just approaching his peak? I mean what if Ronaldo wins 2 or 3 more Champions League and a few more more La Liga titles? 

You only have to look at international football and see that Messi hasn't done for Argentina as what Ronaldo has done for Portugal. Also both have very much clean sweeped in the club honour stakes so there's not as much between the two as some may think. 

If both players keep going they way they are , i think you have to take one with the other because leaving one player out when talking about best players isn't right imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 12:10pm
Brasil 2014 could be the tournament Messi finally delivers on the international stage.  He's now Argentina captain and ha been doingthe business in the qualifyers so far.

As for the accusations that he's a dirty cheat.  Well, the likes of Maradona and Zidane weren't exactly Mr Cleans, were they?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 4:43pm
Agreed, how many times was ZiZou sent off ? 14 ?
Most were for headbutting.
Sent off more than Roy Keane but people call Keane a thug !
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

That same week this was brought up on Revista where they showed Messi against Sevilla wildly swinging his elbows at a defender who was pulling his shirt.He lost the plot and all that happened was the defender got booked
KingLeo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:49pm

I had to start this thread, because this honestly irks me.
I can't fathom why people dislike messi. I'm curious as much as anything, what basis have people for hating the chap?
I love watching him, literally has had me drooling over the past few years.

More likeable traits include his work rate, he's a team player  (just look at his assist stats), he tries to stay on his feet and he doesn't seem to be a mischief maker off the field either.

Refuses to be subbed or rested how he can boost his stats, FACT Thumbs Up

Rested tonight in the Copa Del Rey, FACT Embarrassed
KingLeo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:55pm
A lot of great players lose the plot from time to time. I'm surprised that Ronaldo and Messi don't swing out at players more often with as much as they get kicked on the pitch.

I wouldn't hold it against either of them as they do it so seldom, certainly not enough to warrant labelling either 'dirty' players.
KingLeo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

First post.

Good first post!

Slightly harsh on Ronaldo given that he's only just approaching his peak? I mean what if Ronaldo wins 2 or 3 more Champions League and a few more more La Liga titles? 

You only have to look at international football and see that Messi hasn't done for Argentina as what Ronaldo has done for Portugal. Also both have very much clean sweeped in the club honour stakes so there's not as much between the two as some may think. 

If both players keep going they way they are , i think you have to take one with the other because leaving one player out when talking about best players isn't right imo.

Your right Ronaldo still has plenty of time to become a Madrid legend. He was bought to help deliver their 10th European title but if he fails to deliver then he will be down the peaking order behind the likes of Raul and Zidane. Without European success the current crop of Galactico's will be seen as a failure. Given time Ronaldo can change this. My point is that currently he is not the greatest player for any time he has represented which hurts any potential legacy, the same is not true for Messi.

Also both have very much clean sweeped in the club honour stakes so there's not as much between the two as some may think.

Barca before Messi had 1 European cup and 16 La Liga's. Since his arrival they have moved onto 4 European cups and 21 La Liga's and a large portoin of that success attributed to him. I think the gap between the two with club honour's is pretty large.

Imagine if Ronaldo stayed at Uinted, beat Barca in the 2011 champions league final and helped united to their 20 league title by bettering their noisy neighbours... then he would surely be United's greatest ever legend.

You only have to look at international football and see that Messi hasn't done for Argentina as what Ronaldo has done for Portugal

I don't quite understand your comment about International performances. From what I could see they have both been very poor.

Edited by KingLeo - 30 Oct 2012 at 8:19pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 11:09am
Henry in Disguise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-MVf0tNi50

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Brasil 2014 could be the tournament Messi finally delivers on the international stage.  He's now Argentina captain and ha been doingthe business in the qualifyers so far.

He never did the business for Argentina when it came to the crunch. 2 Copa Americas and 1 World Cup he played in, and they won none of them.

Without him, Barcelona struggle. There was a stat mentioned last year, that Barcelona only win about 40% of their games when he doesn't score.

He also confidently predicted a walkover when they had to face Liverpool in the European Cup. Instead, Liverpool won on their patch and qualified for the next round.

As good as he is, he has cheated before, and so he will never be the best player ever.

Edited by planning - 01 Nov 2012 at 11:11am
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

As good as he is, he has cheated before, and so he will never be the best player ever.

What a stupid post. Maradona was one of the greatest of them all, yet...

I find it hard to understand why anyone can hate Messi, other than Barca haters like Phillyk (who would likely adore him if he switched to Real!)
His talents and club records are indisputeable and yet his career is only half way through.
However, he needs to do it on the world stage if he's ever to be remembered in the same pantheon as the likes of Pele, Cruyff and Maradona.

KingLeo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm

Henry in Disguise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-MVf0tNi50

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

He never did the business for Argentina when it came to the crunch. 2 Copa Americas and 1 World Cup he played in, and they won none of them.

Without him, Barcelona struggle. There was a stat mentioned last year, that Barcelona only win about 40% of their games when he doesn't score.

He also confidently predicted a walkover when they had to face Liverpool in the European Cup. Instead, Liverpool won on their patch and qualified for the next round.

- Maradona cheated in a world cup semi final and is regarded by many as the best player ever.
- C.Ronaldo has been diving since the start of his career but there is no reason to suggest he couldnt be one of the best ever because of that negative trait.
- Neymar is been touted as the next king of football after Messi despite the fact that he regularly throws himself to the ground.

Cheating has nothing to do with talent. It may tarnish a players character but history has shown with the case of Maradona that it has no affect on a a players legacy.  
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

I find it hard to understand why anyone can hate Messi, other than Barca haters like Phillyk (who would likely adore him if he switched to Real!)
His talents and club records are indisputeable and yet his career is only half way through.
However, he needs to do it on the world stage if he's ever to be remembered in the same pantheon as the likes of Pele, Cruyff and Maradona.

Who is hating him???? I dont see any hate. All i can see is people trying to counter balance the nauseating untruths constantly spewed out in the media and from fans.  

"Messi doesnt dive": Proven by the numerous videos and the videos also show he is a bit nasty.

"He's a model pro": Its a well known fact Guardiola wasnt able to sub him because he would have went mental. He refused to be rested even if they were playing a poor side in the league. These are facts and opinion would think that he only wants to do it to boost his own stats to beat Ronaldo. You can argue that opinion all you want but its fairly clear. 

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Nope S/U. I already stated on another thread(think it was the hated players thread) that I rate both Xavi and Iniesta very very highly, Fabregas always thought decent so I can"adore" barca players and I dont deny Messi's talent just would rather his dark side is more talked about in the media. If Messi moved to Real or another club I like I would still have the same opinion of him, until the media and fans who stick their head in the sand to his antics wake up and admit he isnt this angelic great role model the better. 

For all of his 1 moment of madness v Argentina, Beckham was a true role model throughout the best years of his career as he never spat at the opposition that I recall, he didnt stick the boot into the opposition in a clear attempt to inflict injury(until he went to usa) as the previous video's I posted show Messi at. Dont recall Becks ever throwing the head into people yet apologetic fans on here think it is acceptable for Messi to do this and still retain his angelic role model status Confused

If Neymar does in fact go to Barca(still doubt it Tribal LOL) I will applaud him there as he is the future of football imo ClapCool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic