Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Messi haters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by thedream thedream wrote:

Di Maria was a huge miss for Argentina last night. Messi can turn it on at any given second but has largely shown a lack of influence on the pitch this wc. But we all know the moments he can produce and if he can produce one on Sunday than thatll be great as it will shut people up who say these 'greats' have to do it in a WC to be considered truly great which us just bollocks talk.

I didn't think so, Perez was excellent
in the group games Di Maria's final ball was shocking. 

I'd agree with this, he is capable of magic, just hasn't produced at this WC
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 11:43pm
Dear Double Maxim

Kind Regards

Landon Timothy Donovan

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 11:46pm
Didn't deserve that, in fairness. He had a top notch world cup. Unlikely to ever win it now. Only has one more chance really.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 11:49pm
Wouldn't have given him the Golden Ball(James deserved it) but without him Argentina would have struggled to get out of their group. The rest of the Argentina attack had very disappointing tournaments.

Brilliant player who had a very, very good tournament.

Sabella: "Messi reached the level of true greatness some time ago. What happened today doesn't change that."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 12:18am
In fairness, I think he tweaked his hamstring emin the game. He didn't have his dynamic features after

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 1:05am
Typical LD sh*te.
The champion of sh*te.
Never disappoints.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 3:34am
In fairness the imp won the adidas, adidas player of the tournament.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 9:06am
Embedded image permalink
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 10:03am
You a link to that?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 10:12am
i read that on teamtalk the other day. His 46 successful dribbles was 17 ahead of next best
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 11:46am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 11:54am
Stop being a victim LOL

If I remember correctly, Zidane was an unpopular Golden Ball winner. The award was voted for before the head-butt.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 12:02pm
Messi is being judged according to Messi standards, not anyone elses. If he was James Rodriguez and we hadn't heard as much about him (although we'd heard a little about Rodriguez) and had taken that team to the final, we'd be raving about him. He did well and was at least one of the valid choices for Golden Ball.
thedream View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Messi is being judged according to Messi standards, not anyone elses. If he was James Rodriguez and we hadn't heard as much about him (although we'd heard a little about Rodriguez) and had taken that team to the final, we'd be raving about him. He did well and was at least one of the valid choices for Golden Ball.

Exactly. The only player people are judging Messi against is Messi himself. All things being equal Messi was clearly one of the best players at the tournament even if he didnt live up to his own standards.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Embedded image permalink

Man of the match "fact" is incorrect. Navas of the Costa Rica won four man of the match awards also.
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 8:08pm
Messi at it again quality goal tonight.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 10:22am
Fermanagh-man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fermanagh-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 1:26pm
How anyone could hate this man is beyond me
Ballinamallard
THE MIGHTY DUCKS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic