Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Messi haters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Messi haters
    Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:02pm
I had to start this thread, because this honestly irks me.
I can't fathom why people dislike messi. I'm curious as much as anything, what basis have people for hating the chap?
I love watching him, literally has had me drooling over the past few years.
More likeable traits include his work rate, he's a team player (just look at his assist stats), he tries to stay on his feet and he doesn't seem to be a mischief maker off the field either.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:06pm
I'd find it impossible to hate Messi Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:06pm
This will be fun. I can feel Philliy's hatred already.

Make a Gerry Armstrong haters thread too.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:08pm

I love Messi but despise the way he gets such an easy time in the media. Gerry Armstrong can f**k right off.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:09pm
Wont be fun at all Tribal, if someone has their head that far up Messi's arse(drooling ffsLOL) then there is really no point in asking why people dislike the fella as they'll just disagree and blindly ignore any relevance to points made 

May as well call this the Messi love in thread then Gerry Armstrong wont be long signing up  Thumbs Up
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:09pm
Ha!
Ya I know he's like everybody's guilty pleasure including the medias. Still, not his fault either.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

I had to start this thread, because this honestly irks me.
I can't fathom why people dislike messi. I'm curious as much as anything, what basis have people for hating the chap?
I love watching him, literally has had me drooling over the past few years.

More likeable traits include his work rate, he's a team player  (just look at his assist stats), he tries to stay on his feet and he doesn't seem to be a mischief maker off the field either.

Refuses to be subbed or rested how he can boost his stats, FACT Thumbs Up

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:12pm
Respond Philly and we'll see if I ignore ya.
Look at what I posted again. I clearly pointed out I was curious, because I saw lads havin digs here and there on ybig. I'd actually be glad if ya said why you don't like him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:14pm
That's the 1 thing I've heard on here Landon, and fair enough that is not a good sign. Club is bigger than any player and all that. I am not on a windup, I hate that crap.
Was just honestly interested to hear what people had to say.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:23pm
He is a worse diver than Stevie Holywood, yet the press say sfa about it.
He is a woeful tackler and a dirty sh*te to boot when he wants to be but the press say sfa about it.
As has been said on here somewhere today I think, he isnt the team player you make him out to be.
Plus I cant stand the press love in with him - Suarez gets dogs abuse for his diving yet sfa about Messi diving ever gets brought up(i'll give messi this that he is nothing like suarez character wise but using Suarez as the example given his treatment for diving), especially that prick Armstrong who could be talking about a 7-7 draw in a Madrid derby and still find the time to talk about messi for about 10mins in the game ffs

The fact he can do no wrong in so many peoples eyes irks the bejaysus out of me as when he does something wrong the immediate response is "Ah sure he gets kicked so many times in a game what do you expect", FUK no Neymar gets booted about 10 times more per game and they are a hell of a lot worse tackles yet he doesnt feel the need to stick the boot into people the way Messi does yet Neymar gets bad press if he reacts to stuff Confused same thing goes for CR7, when was the last time you saw him fire a kick into someone out of petulance? Every time he does anything and I do mean anything on a football pitch the press are all over him like a rash, why doesnt the darling Messi get this treatment?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:27pm
That's fair enough Philly. Cheers!
I honestly was wondering what people's thoughts were. I don't have a love in with him, he doesn't even play for my team like.
I hadn't realised people feel he dives and reacts so at least i see where people (yourself in this case) are coming from. I may even watch their next couple of games with that in mind.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

He is a woeful tackler and a dirty sh*te to boot when he wants to be but the press say sfa about it.
As has been said on here somewhere today I think, he isnt the team player you make him out to be.
Plus I cant stand the press love in with him - Suarez gets dogs abuse for his diving yet sfa about Messi diving ever gets brought up(i'll give messi this that he is nothing like suarez character wise but using Suarez as the example given his treatment for diving), especially that prick Armstrong who could be talking about a 7-7 draw in a Madrid derby and still find the time to talk about messi for about 10mins in the game ffs

The fact he can do no wrong in so many peoples eyes irks the bejaysus out of me as when he does something wrong the immediate response is "Ah sure he gets kicked so many times in a game what do you expect", FUK no Neymar gets booted about 10 times more per game and they are a hell of a lot worse tackles yet he doesnt feel the need to stick the boot into people the way Messi does yet Neymar gets bad press if he reacts to stuff Confused same thing goes for CR7, when was the last time you saw him fire a kick into someone out of petulance? Every time he does anything and I do mean anything on a football pitch the press are all over him like a rash, why doesnt the darling Messi get this treatment?

Philliy, would ya get off the stage, worse diver than Stevie Hollywood.............LOL

Suarez gets dogs abuse cos he's a loathsome, racist **** and if he concentrated on the God-given talent he has, he could be challenging Messi and we wouldn't have this debate.

What Messi do you watch, can you give me EXAMPLES of where he "sticks the boot in"?

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:44pm

Cant understand how anyone can hate or even dislike him

Ronaldo lovers who are a little jealous or bitter about him possibly maybe. As i've always said you can like both as players.

Ah come on Philly, he's hardly a dirty player now

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Good post, some good points in it. Don't get me wrong messi is by far the best in the world but the fact you can't criticise anything about him without getting shot down annoys me. I have to agree with you on everything you say...that being said messi is hands down the best in the world.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:45pm

Speaking of racism, another thing swept under the Messi carpet

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lionel-messi-accused-of-using-racist-825200

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:47pm
FW I specifically stated I used Suarez the diver as an example and was in no way relating how they conduct themselves personally or on the pitch Thumbs Up

And Mr Messi has stuck the boot in Pepe in a few el classico's now, wether or not I can find the footage on youtube is another matter but I remember posting about it on here Thumbs Up Has done it to others in the past but the press like to call them "strikers challenge's"

And no stage needed he is a woeful diver and a good few youtube moments have been put up on here in the past highlighting this, distinctly remember Barlow had one hilarious one he did when playing for Argentina in the Copa America I think it was Thumbs Up
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ronaldo lovers who are a little jealous or bitter about him possibly maybe. As i've always said you can like both as players.

I will strongly disagree with you there RB. The Ronaldo camp tend to always admire Messi and his talent. A high minority of the Messi camp disparage everything Ronaldo does. Gerry Armstrong being the number 1 culprit.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I will strongly disagree with you there RB. The Ronaldo camp tend to always admire Messi and his talent. A high minority of the Messi camp disparage everything Ronaldo does. Gerry Armstrong being the number 1 culprit.

Would go as far as to say LD I am more in the Neymar camp than the CR7 camp these days(the avatar was to wind the Polish ladys up LOL) but I can admit yes Messi is a very good player, just cant have him for my earlier reasons Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic