You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ****Meetup Pub before Poland game - Slatterys*****
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

****Meetup Pub before Poland game - Slatterys*****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:13pm
Slatts is a top spot. All about getting in early and getting your patch
Late comers will be left standing and getting knocked around in most pubs
Sponsored Links

ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Can you drink outside the pub? I don't mean buy cans in Spar and drink outside, I mean buy pints in the pub and stand outside drinking?
If this weather keeps up it'll be a cracking day to be outside drinking and singing.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

This. Once ye get in early and set your stall out its grand !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 2:05pm
on a stag in limerick from the friday so Ill be fairly tanked up when I roll in here!
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
BASS FACE View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASS FACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 2:37pm
I need 1 spare ticket for the Poland game (not the €120 ones) for a mate of mine - Anyone got any? thanks
LIMERICK CITY ON TOUR
     PURE DAYSANT
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 6:28pm
Slattery's is a grand spot except on Matchday imo where it is too jampacked.  Far too small and there is no comfort.  I'd be in favor of  move back to scruffy's tbh.  Not as good a location but its easier to meet the ybig lads and have the craic.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 4:02pm
I enjoyed Slattery's for the Gibraltar game, particularly afterwards as we went back in to watch the Poland v Germany game. The 3 others i was with smoke so when we arrived prior to the game we started off outside and by the time myself and the missus decided to check out the YBIG section it was packed out so we went back outside. The waiters and waitresses were great though as we didnt have to leave our spot as they brought us our drinks. Every place close to the ground will be packed out on a matchday anyway, as Gerk says above, its about getting your spot early.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:54pm
Will give Slats a go pre-game.

Try get in for about 4pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 9:56pm
Be in around 4 or 5 myself
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:59pm
Looks like i aint gonna be in dublin till well after 2 so I'll have to give the fans game a miss and head straight to the pub, Slatterys will probably be my destination. To promote my presence i am willing to offer a pint to the first YBIGGER that i meet.

Edited by dundon13 - 26 Mar 2015 at 11:59pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:18am
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Looks like i aint gonna be in dublin till well after 2 so I'll have to give the fans game a miss and head straight to the pub, Slatterys will probably be my destination. To promote my presence i am willing to offer a pint to the first YBIGGER that i meet.
surely that will be someone with a half decent name tag
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:40am
Anyone with a name badge might win themselves more than 1 drink.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:15am
3e Carlsberg
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:42am
Will be dropping in to the Slattery's too on my usual pre-match pubcrawl of Scruffy's, Beggars Bush and Slattery's/Eurospar Cool

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Nerves starting to set in for the game though.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Name2follow View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Name2follow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 10:33pm
We have an established supporters club and as far as a meeting up spot in Ireland nothing is offered . 5:50 a pint is just poor. We should fund a place that will offer drinks offers and a decent space . Slattertys has been good for atmosphere but that is the people not the place causing that. We should use the guarantee of numbers to secure a better pre match deal for everyone
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:27am
Yeah 5.50 is taking the piss. A euro better value up in Ryans and much more familiar heads around.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:30am
Too chocker for my liking. Had one pint and went back to the bath pub which was smashing spot. Room to lift pint and some personal space. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:34am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Too chocker for my liking. Had one pint and went back to the bath pub which was smashing spot. Room to lift pint and some personal space. 

Sound for meeting up!
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic