Topic ClosedMcShane dropped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: McShane dropped
    Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 7:20am
hoorray anything to discuss other then the next manager,

McShane is dropped for the Portsmouth game, far too early to say if this will be the norm but he has progressively got worse as the season has gone on. Maybe a break is what he needs..bloody weel hope so as we have no decent options at centre half.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 7:23am
good he is a fooking donkey...size of his head
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 7:25am
No holding back Billy, Roy O'Donovan is on the bench, stokes, Miller and Murphy all start
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 7:29am
thats it Bob

Should be good game this

sunderland to win, saw pompey last week and they were pony even with the African lads playing
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 8:25am
Good call Billy 2:0 especially with Portsmouths 7 away wins from 8 games Stokes has looked good working outside of the box
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 9:06am
Richardson playing well & nearly scored hat trick there

Jones is quality isnt he..thats the type of forward we need for Ireland

stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 9:55am
Great result for Sunderland. I'm delighted for Keane and co.
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
The Special One View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 11:07am
Super Win, Couple of big signings now badly needed...

Needs expierenced Premiership players to survive.... Savage would of been good, But if he could pick up Hunt and someone like Wes Brown or Sami Hyppia....
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 3:47pm
McShane will come back..........remember Tony Adams got savaged and exposed in Euro 88, look what happened to him afterwards........not saying McShane will be another Adams, but he can be a valuable player for us if he learns from his mistakes.  Keane was correct to drop him and Evans did well in his place.  Good win alright, well deserved, they all worked hard gives them some hope for the coming weeks.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 4:50pm
McShane is still young. I remember Tony Adams being dreadful when he first played for Arsenal but learnt his trade to become a non-Donkey. The same could be said for Richard Dunne.
There are friendlier places to drink.
Cuddly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:28am
we don't need on the field trainee players.
Once McShane can prove a little bit of (good) consistency over a number of games for Sunderland then he should be considered again for international duty. You can make mistakes as a forward or midfielder, but as centre half you make a mistake you conceed goals. It's a hard fact, we cannot afford McShane at the minute. If he gets his act together, and he has six months to do it, then maybe.
keep him in the squad, and maybe he might pick a few tips up of Richie on how to play in the position

Hair blows in the wind. After years there is still wind. Sadly no more hair.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:30am
play who there then cuddly, Joey O'Brien?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:43am

Defo wouldn't play Joey at centre half even though he did well in German game.  Joey was excellent I thought yesterday at right back (unlucky not block Roberts winner) and to be fair McShane's done very well for us with the exception of a dodgy enough game in Cardiff.  Plenty of players do better at international level (David Healy for one) than club so I'd stick with McShane and Dunne for now, O'Brien at right back and Finnan at left which means finally the chop for O'Shea.  Result.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:50am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

so I'd stick with McShane and Dunne for now, O'Brien at right back and Finnan at left which means finally the chop for O'Shea.  Result.

Best back-four possible I believe freewheeler. I know finnan is out of position but so what as hes quality on both wings and everyone else is pants on the left. Defo would have O'brien starting every game right back now. Then would have stephen kelly, Kilbane and O'Dea in the squad as cover for these 4.

Edited by The Count - 14 Jan 2008 at 5:51am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 6:21am
Andy O'Brien is having a good run of games with Bolton and is definitely playing better than McShane, but as Freewheeler rightly says McShane has his position on merit and deserves to keep his place
Cuddly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 7:06am
Count, you won't like the sound of this but my first option would be John O'shea along side Dunne.
i know he's not popular, but when has popular been a case for putting the right person for the position in the team.
In the past he looks if he is prancing around the pitch, uninterested, lacks, and various other adjectives, but he has the premier league experience at this stage in his career, which is important.
Second seasons are a case in point.
O'shea came on the scene at OT and looked the business. Second season was poor, but in my opinion he has recovered a bit of this initial potential and has grown, and matured.
McShane, also burst on the scene with WBA and looked bloody good, and i feel he is sufferring from second season syndrome now.
With such a small pool of premier players to choose from, i do hope he regains his confidence and composure. I could never fault his commitment and aggression, but we don't need a bull charging around the shop, breaking everything in sight.
Keep him in the squad until he matures into the position, but ntil then, it is O'shea for me.
Hair blows in the wind. After years there is still wind. Sadly no more hair.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 7:10am
I'd considered O'Shea meself for a minute Cuddly, but for me he completely lacks the aggression needed for that position.  McShane defo needs to curb his "attack everything" attitude, you're right there, I'm sure he will with experience.
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 7:16am
sorry lads, but am agreeing with cuddly on this one..would rather have o shea at the moment..every time mcshane goes for a ball, heart in the mouth stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic