You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McG v Mayweather - MEGA MEGATHREAD edited by BSM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McG v Mayweather - MEGA MEGATHREAD edited by BSM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Nathan Cleverley / Badou Jack confirmed on the undercard.

Nice payday for Clev and Eddie Hearn there. Jack is part of Mayweather's brand.

Well, at least that makes one proper fight on the card. 

Gervonta Davis also on the card Clap

Wonder can I just pay a tenner to Sky to watch just the rest of the card !
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:56am

What does that even mean Confused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What does that even mean Confused

Badou Jack is signed to Mayweather Promotions 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:18pm
Wasn't exactly hard to understand was it ! LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:54pm
I know what was intended

But would you say, Darron Gibson signed for Sunderland's brandwithout everyone looking at you weird. 

The term 'brand' just bugs me these days CoyneTongue

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:00pm

I know what was intended

But would you say, Darron Gibson signed for Sunderland's brandwithout everyone looking at you weird. 

The term 'brand' just bugs me these days CoyneTongue

Fair enough Hoskins. Thumbs Up

Out of interest, who's actually going to watch it? Whether it via a dodgy Kodi stream or an all nighter in a pub or being the brave one and paying the 24.95 yourself LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:06pm
Paulie Malignaggi has quit McGregor's camp after his team started releasing photos of Conor knocking him down, and then Dana White releases a 20 sec video of Conor taking his head off with 1 of his left hooks LOL

Apparently there's a full 35 min version telling a different story but its unreleased thus far.
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:11pm

Paulie Malignaggi has quit McGregor's camp after his team started releasing photos of Conor knocking him down, and then Dana White releases a 20 sec video of Conor taking his head off with 1 of his left hooks LOL

Apparently there's a full 35 min version telling a different story but its unreleased thus far.

I know it's only a 20 second video but it does not look good for Paulie. He's been saying all week that it was a pushdown. The left hand landed flush in one of those videos LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:32pm
Maybe the whole sparring session shows a different story but the 20 seconds we seen there looks like Paulie was getting the head taken off him.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
Conor's always had that devastating left hook, 1 of the punches I thought Paulie's head was gonna fall off LOL

But yeah he quit because he didn't want to be used as a propaganda tool, says he's not revealing what happened behind closed doors or what's been discussed but mentioned a full version of the video revealing more
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:17pm
It'a all part of the game and the show - If McGregor boxed Paulie over 12 rounds in a proper fight, the boxer wins against the novice. No matter what any leaked video says.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:00am

It'a all part of the game and the show - If McGregor boxed Paulie over 12 rounds in a proper fight, the boxer wins against the novice. No matter what any leaked video says.

Paulie said himself in his 1st session over 8 rounds McGregor got the better of him, he then listed numerous reasons as to why, just off a flight, was tired, hadn't trained etc. He then said a week later when he sparred 12 rounds he done much better, however from the knockdown in the video it doesn't seem likely.

It was a calculated move by McGregor. Paulie talked a lot of sh*t about him and McGregor brought him in to try and embarrass him and he succeeded. I think Paulie has just been talking a lot of sh*t to try and get a fight out of McGregor and a big pay day for himself.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Paulie said himself in his 1st session over 8 rounds McGregor got the better of him, he then listed numerous reasons as to why, just off a flight, was tired, hadn't trained etc. He then said a week later when he sparred 12 rounds he done much better, however from the knockdown in the video it doesn't seem likely.

It was a calculated move by McGregor. Paulie talked a lot of sh*t about him and McGregor brought him in to try and embarrass him and he succeeded. I think Paulie has just been talking a lot of sh*t to try and get a fight out of McGregor and a big pay day for himself.

It's all just bluff and nonsense, the whole lot of it, just to sell PPVs. Nothing else.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:27pm
 I saw a bit of one of the promotional build ups in Toronto I think it was, wtf there was a bigger crowd at that then there will be for the main fight. It was funny stuff, I'd say Mcgregor and Mayweather are having great craic and are on the phone to each other before them. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:04am
Is this a total sell out now?

Edited by Double Maxim - 18 Aug 2017 at 11:07am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 11:27am

I saw a bit of one of the promotional build ups in Toronto I think it was, wtf there was a bigger crowd at that then there will be for the main fight. It was funny stuff, I'd say Mcgregor and Mayweather are having great craic and are on the phone to each other before them. 

This is WWF with gloves on...laughing all the way to the bank!!

Give me Vinny Pazienza's story or the Rumble in the Jungle any day.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:41pm
Here what's the story with this Dana White fella? No interest in Chip Shop fighing aka UFC but heard on the radio over the last couple of years how he and McGregor were always arguing and issuing threats to each other. Now I see he is training him or in his team or some sh*t.  What's that about?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Here what's the story with this Dana White fella? No interest in Chip Shop fighing aka UFC but heard on the radio over the last couple of years how he and McGregor were always arguing and issuing threats to each other. Now I see he is training him or in his team or some sh*t.  What's that about?

Dana is Conor's boss but also his agent because he saw the personal wealth potential in brokering the fight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
  Share Topic