You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mayweather v Pacquiao

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mayweather v Pacquiao
    Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:32pm
Lads what time will they actually be in the ring knocking lumps?
Sky saying 12am but will be at 4am jobby as undercard fights?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:42pm
Rumours are this will be a very late wan, I would imagine it won't be before 5.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:43pm
My boxing knowledge is limited but aren't these two hasbeens fighting eachother that should have happened opver 5 years ago?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

My boxing knowledge is limited but aren't these two hasbeens fighting eachother that should have happened opver 5 years ago?

to an extent....but then so was the Thrilla in Manila
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:48pm
I'll watch the rematch
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:50pm
i really, really want manny to win, but i think the time since this fight should have been made has done a lot more harm to him than floyd. hope im wrong but i think Manny will be competitive, but ultimately lose a reasonably comfortable unanimous decision.  116-112 or some such
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

i really, really want manny to win, but i think the time since this fight should have been made has done a lot more harm to him than floyd. hope im wrong but i think Manny will be competitive, but ultimately lose a reasonably comfortable unanimous decision.  116-112 or some such

This
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 7:55pm
Should have happened 6 years ago when both were out their absolute prime, but they are still the biggest draws in boxing so better late than never. Although I wouldn't say either has dropped much below their best and I'm sure this fight will have also given them extra incentive to be in peak condition.
I think Manny took his eye off the ball a small bit in that space of time where he lost two fights (even though one he shouldn't have lost and the other it was a one big KO punch rather than being outclassed). Think those distractions will not get in the way for this one and he should be the same old Manny.

I would have always fancied Mayweather, especially 6 years ago. But he has never faced anyone with the combination of speed and power that Manny has and it is probably the one style you would say will give his counter punching tactics their biggest test. If Mayweather has now lost some of that speed in his feet then Manny could take him.

But it's a really close one to call. I'm not even sure who I would rather win, I like them both.

I really hope it's not on too late. Not as much craic watching a fight with the sun shining outside
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:22pm
Imo this "should have happened 5 years ago" is being way overhyped. They are both still comfortably the best boxers in the division. Pac got caught by marquez and robbed by Bradley avenging that with ease. They are both still in their prime

Only madman would back heavily against Mayweather but its hard to call. Hope pac does it

Edited by heyirish - 26 Apr 2015 at 8:25pm
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:24pm
I would still argue that Mayweather is in his prime, he was excellent against Canelo. Maidana is just an awkward fighter who no one looks good against.

Mayweather on points or a late ko by Mayweather; Manny lunges too much with punches and that what I think his downfall will be in this fight.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I would still argue that Mayweather is in his prime, he was excellent against Canelo. Maidana is just an awkward fighter who no one looks good against.

Mayweather on points or a late ko by Mayweather; Manny lunges too much with punches and that what I think his downfall will be in this fight.

When is the last time mw knocked someone out. Hatton or the fella that left his guard down was it? Ild be very surprised if pac is knocked out. Roach has been divising a plan for mw for years. Ild say always in the back of his mind. I doubt it will be comfortable for mw. All the pressure is on him. If mw wins handily he will surely go down as the best ever ot very close
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:36pm
Head says Mayweather heart says pacquiao, but styles make fights not records so you never know, but this will be arguably be Mayweathers toughest opponent he's ever faced regardless of whether or not he's in or out of his prime including Gatti, De La Hoya, Cotto, Marquez, Maidana and so on. 

Edited by irelandfan - 26 Apr 2015 at 8:37pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

When is the last time mw knocked someone out. Hatton or the fella that left his guard down was it? Ild be very surprised if pac is knocked out. Roach has been divising a plan for mw for years. Ild say always in the back of his mind. I doubt it will be comfortable for mw. All the pressure is on him. If mw wins handily he will surely go down as the best ever ot very close

Victor Ortiz. Mayweather is nowhere past his prime but his biggest critic is he has handpicked his opponents over the years. It's why most UFC fans dislike Boxing in general, in that industry if you say no to someone you get told to fook off.

On the other hand Pacquiao has developed a weak chin over the last few years so he can't be overly confident going all out offensive against a defensive boxer. 
UD Mayweather win for me but I want Pacquiao to do it.

As for the time it'll start 4-5am is standard for a fight in Vegas

Edited by coyne - 26 Apr 2015 at 9:01pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:09pm
Can't see anything other than a comfortable points victory for Mayweather
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:10pm

ive seen that mentioned a few places, i cant understand it...he's not a concussive puncher and if, as is expected he'll be up on the scorecards late there is no chance he'll be taking any sort of risks or opening himself up to be hit. He'll be on his bike!

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 26 Apr 2015 at 9:11pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 12:48am
It's not about him being a concussive puncher. He may just catch Pac with a punch he doesn't see when he's coming forward and lunging into punches.

Mayweather has never been a fighter who relies on ko's to show how great he is whereas manny is the opposite; his last ko was in 2009 against a weight drained Cotto IIRC. Roach will have a good game plan but if it's a similar one to the one he tried with De La Hoya then it won't work because Pac is too small. I'd love to see Mayweather lose but I just don't see it happening.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 1:12pm
Is this gonna be a 7am start time??
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 1:14pm
Fight will start around 5.00 -5.30 am.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic