Mayo Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Never heard of this. Do people in Mayo actually celebrate a Mayo day?? That's a cracker LOL LOL LOL

This is the first year,big success,get used to it,it here to stay

MayoClapClapClap

Muffy,you're in foul humour altogether,maybe you should revisit the asking out the girl at work thing again,put a bit of thought into it like!

Typical response when you lose an argument, appeal to the emotional/ make personal comments.

I'm in great form today, asked the girl out yesterday face to face, didn't work out for me but I wouldn't be sad enough to use my own woes to castigate the county I come from.

I love the fact I'm from Westport which is one of the nicest towns in Ireland but I wouldn't be engaging in any "Isn't Westport great" pukology that's applicable to this thread.

Jaysus Muff,was no argument for me to lose,not looking to argue with anyone,was only messing about the bird,was a great thread.

You're assuming I'm offended or sensitive about that which I'm neither.

Anyway when my mate brought up this Mayo day bollocks last week, I hadn't even made the plunge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:07pm

Fine muff, don't bother, you don't have to!

Mayo

Arrah (Mayo slang) seeing as my mother is from Mchale Road.

MAYO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:08pm

Cork should have their own day, best city in ireland, top, top place

Cork Independence day October 16th 2013. Holiday Greetings to all the mayo folk I hope at least one of you are partaking in the greatest mayo tradition of all by wearing the gaa jersey at a major international sporting event

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:09pm

Cork Independence day October 16th 2013. Holiday Greetings to all the mayo folk I hope at least one of you are partaking in the greatest mayo tradition of all by wearing the gaa jersey at a major international sporting event

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:11pm
This is brilliant LOL

Is this just a thing Mayo lads abroad celebrate or do they have some sort of celebration up in Mayo today? Please tell me they have celebrations in Mayo LOL 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:11pm

I'm sure one will feature in the big fight tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:14pm

This is brilliant LOL

Is this just a thing Mayo lads abroad celebrate or do they have some sort of celebration up in Mayo today? Please tell me they have celebrations in Mayo LOL 

Will you not iron that flag ya sham?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:16pm
Tonight's guest of honour

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 May 2015 at 5:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:21pm
Do they actually celebrate this in Castlebar and Westport today? I'm gonna make a trip for this next year if so LOL Thumbs Up 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:22pm
Do ye iron yer flags in Mayo Muff? Ye are a quare lot between that and having a county celebration day Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:35pm
Expected this to be about some Latin American country celebrated May Day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 8:17pm

Do ye iron yer flags in Mayo Muff? Ye are a quare lot between that and having a county celebration day Big smile

I can't apologise enough for the Mayo day monstrosity.

Btw the joke was iron the feckin thing   when you posted up the image.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 12:48am
Happy Mayo Day Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 5:26am
No doubt a fairly horrible cynical excercise by the local Co Council to get lads to actually spend a bit of money (for once) in Castlebar or Westport, but if it works, the best of luck to ye. Happy Mayo day to all, especially the lads from Mayo. 

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 11:12am
So now we have Donegal Tuesday and Mayo Day. What next?
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Wee James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wee James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 11:17am
They must have finally realised they will never have a monday homecoming of the the sam.
kimbap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 11:22am
Was at the official gig last night,was mighty craic,live on Mayo TV,Aoibheann looking unreal.

Everyone in the spirit of things,not taking themselves too serious,cheering for everything.

Had a chat with Mundy at the bar who seemed to be a bit bemused by the whole thing!
cm79 View Drop Down
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 11:55am
So ye have a day celebrating everything that is good and great about Mayo and at the official gig ye get a lad from Offaly to provide the entertainment Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>