You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On the bench. 

So much for the theory that Conte would have any time for him either. 

Not Brazilian enough.

Conte was always going to pick the younger model (Emerson) originally. I'm surprised anyone actually thought otherwise. Was a bit dumbfounded by your post but then read some of the theories above. 

Now if Emerson who has been woeful for Spurs under Nuno to put it mildly was to continue to be woeful Doherty might get a bit of a look in that way. I wouldn't rule it out yet.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm
Second choice player that barely played and has been injured for weeks is only on the bench. Well who could have imagined that.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On the bench. 

So much for the theory that Conte would have any time for him either. 

Not Brazilian enough.

A ball hasn't even been kicked under Conte (he's not even officially in charge yet) and it's "Conte has no time for Doherty"?

Reactionary much?
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 9:23pm
It's probably better that Doherty didn't start this game...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm
Were Spurs really that poor? Didn't see it how did Reguilon and Emerson play?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 3:31pm
Doherty on the field anyways. Actually came on for Reguilon apparently Reguilon was quite poor.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Doherty on the field anyways. Actually came on for Reguilon apparently Reguilon was quite poor.

Didnt see the game. Does that mean he came on and played left wing back? How did he do?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Didnt see the game. Does that mean he came on and played left wing back? How did he do?

I didn't see the game just see one of the Irish football accounts tweet he was on the pitch for him. I don't see Doherty getting a proper run under Conte unless Reguilon/Emerson are properly poor. Spurs are a mess at the moment. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 4:59pm
At least he got 20 mins today, will be some help to keep him match fit for our two games this week.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 7:22pm
He can definitely break into that team.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

One thing I do note is Doherty is not remotely popular with Spurs fans talking by those I know/what I see on social media.  I don't think they'd be happy to see it. 

Davies another lad that gets savage abuse. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:04pm

One thing I do note is Doherty is not remotely popular with Spurs fans talking by those I know/what I see on social media.  I don't think they'd be happy to see it. 

I’m sure Conte will be really concerned with what the lads on Twitter have to say.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I’m sure Conte will be really concerned with what the lads on Twitter have to say.

😂 Of course. Just an observation I have made. Do you think Doherty gets a run under Conte?

Edited by kevin100 - 07 Nov 2021 at 8:51pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:48pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

�£�£�£ Of course. Just an observation I have made. Do you think Doherty gets a run under Conte?

All football fans are fickle, if Conte can get Doherty back to the form he had at Wolves 2 years ago they'll change their tune quick enough.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:09pm
Excellent in the second half and the past few games, he is probably our most talented player so good to see him perform to his ability.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:36am
yes he has been excellent. Really playing well now at international level. Linked up very well with Ogbene and hendrick in the 2nd half and we created a lot down the right hand side.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:42am
Some excellent breaking runs into the box by himself and Hendrick, and it goes without saying, Knight. This is something Knight will hopefully excel at for us. He looks like someone who could reach double figures for us if he can fulfil his potential and steer clear of injuries.

Boggles the mind that Doherty and Hendrick don't get more opportunities at their clubs on this kind of form.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:45am
He looks so languid in everything he does but it works. It's a bit mad really.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 138>
  Share Topic