You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I didn't see the game, but the Beeb are reporting that Doherty got the assist for Spurs 2nd goal? "before substitute Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg found the bottom corner from Matt Doherty's cross four minutes later to rescue a point for a much-changed Spurs side"

Did anyone catch the game?

Didn't see the game but the way Doherty was lambasted on twitter you would think he had scored 2 own goals don't mind assist the 2nd one! 
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:25am
Twas a deflected cross from Doherty as it turns out!
Idah Dream!
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 4:53pm
Is he injured?not in the squad today
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 4:55pm
Doubtful, Tanganga has been moved back out to RB and Emerson drops to the bench. He's third choice RB.

Edited by J89 - 26 Sep 2021 at 4:56pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 5:48pm
He might fancy a loan in January, though I'd be shocked if Nuno lasted the season, so he could have another go under a new manager and try to establish himself.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 5:58pm
its strange he's not even on the bench if not injured, he got plenty of game time under nuno at wolves.
Maybe that gobsh*te mourinho knocked the confidence out of him or just put him off the club as a whole..

Edited by greenlad - 26 Sep 2021 at 5:58pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

its strange he's not even on the bench if not injured, he got plenty of game time under nuno at wolves.
Maybe that gobsh*te mourinho knocked the confidence out of him or just put him off the club as a whole..

The 2 time Champions League winning zgobsh1te.

Serial winner. What would Mourinho know?

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

The 2 time Champions League winning zgobsh1te.

Serial winner. What would Mourinho know?

I'm not say he doesn't know how to win trophies but he is an unlikeable prick and maybe something went on between him and matt that's put him off the club.
Just maybe....... 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:47pm
We all know Doherty can only play as a RWB / LWB, hes been a flop at Spurs because he cant play in a flat back 4 as a fullback. Mourinho tried it, didnt work. Nuno tried it, didnt work.

Nuno at Wolves picked the best system for the players he had available to him which was 3-5-2 and Doherty fit in perfectly

Nuno at Spurs hasnt got the players to play 3-5-2. So hes playing 4-3-3 to suit the players he has. To play 3-5-2 at Spurs he probably needs 5 or 6 new signings. 2 rock solid CBs, a LWB and 2 quality midfielders that can really pass the ball.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:48pm

Why would they have their third choice RB on the bench?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

We all know Doherty can only play as a RWB / LWB, hes been a flop at Spurs because he cant play in a flat back 4 as a fullback. Mourinho tried it, didnt work. Nuno tried it, didnt work.

Nuno at Wolves picked the best system for the players he had available to him which was 3-5-2 and Doherty fit in perfectly

Nuno at Spurs hasnt got the players to play 3-5-2. So hes playing 4-3-3 to suit the players he has. To play 3-5-2 at Spurs he probably needs 5 or 6 new signings. 2 rock solid CBs, a LWB and 2 quality midfielders that can really pass the ball.

Even last season Nunu was changing from 3-4-3 at Wolves to trying to play with a back four. Don't know why as 3-4-3 is what made him.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
Still plenty of time for the boy.   His talent will bear fruit over the next decade.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:02pm
Cough *cardiff city* paaaaah. What
I love beer gardens
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Still plenty of time for the boy.   His talent will bear fruit over the next decade.

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:03pm
Watch matt tonight,  he was solid 7 out of 10 performance. Just said I check twitter and spurs fans saying he sh*t tonight. They really hate him, I know he hasnt set the world alight but he gets ridiculous criticism from their fans at times.

Edited by aviva8 - 30 Sep 2021 at 10:04pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Watch matt tonight,  he was solid 7 out of 10 performance. Just said I check twitter and spurs fans saying he sh*t tonight. They really hate him, I know he hasnt set the world alight but he gets ridiculous criticism from their fans at times.

The abuse he gets is daft alright. He played fine tonight from what I see. Terrible opposition. He's been shocking overall since he joined admittedly. Winks and Davies are two more that seem to get it! Spurs have bigger problems then those 3. 

Tbf Doherty couldnt possibly have been any worse then Emerson or Tanganga the last few weeks! Emerson has a nice CV sure there's a player there but he's looked like a lad that won a raffle ticket to play a few games the twice I see him for Spurs.

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Sep 2021 at 10:39pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The abuse he gets is daft alright. He played fine tonight from what I see. Terrible opposition. He's been shocking overall since he joined admittedly. Winks and Davies are two more that seem to get it! Spurs have bigger problems then those 3. 

Tbf Doherty couldnt possibly have been any worse then Emerson or Tanganga the last few weeks! Emerson has a nice CV sure there's a player there but he's looked like a lad that won a raffle ticket to play a few games the twice I see him for Spurs.
Agreed, tanganga is never a rb, a clumsy cb at best and the other lad Royal looks really piss poor. Doherty is not going to get a fair crack however at this point, so he should look to move on in Jan imo. Hes a very good wing back when he's on it and probably the most talented player in our team!
Idah Dream!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 8:29am

His face doesn't fit.

Spurs fans think they deserve top 4 and want a heap of fancy Brazlian / European names in the team.

Matt Dock-hurty, Ben Davies etc both get heaps of abuse unreservedly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 138>
  Share Topic