You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:32pm
Surplus to requirements according to talkSPORT.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Spurs playing preseason game and Doherty not in the squad

Bit strange this isn’t it? He has been training early? From what I see himself and Bergwjin are the only two not to be involved in the first two games we were training from the start.

It seemed a bit too obvious, convenient you could say, that Santo coming in would change Doherty's fortunes for the better.

These developments may throw a spanner in the works of that.

Even if his days at Spurs are numbered, you'd have to imagine there would be PL and equivalent standard teams who'd be willing to take him on and play him to his strengths.

This was 5 days ago? “Take the best of him and this is what we will try”. 

Bit odd though. Plenty teams play 5 at the back on the continent with wing back playing as glorified wingers. He would be an example of a player who if he ever left Spurs that really shouldn’t be settling for a Newcastle here and should explore that?  

Edited by kevin100 - 21 Jul 2021 at 9:40pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Spurs playing preseason game and Doherty not in the squad

Bit strange this isn’t it? He has been training early? From what I see himself and Bergwjin are the only two not to be involved in the first two games we were training from the start.

It seemed a bit too obvious, convenient you could say, that Santo coming in would change Doherty's fortunes for the better.

These developments may throw a spanner in the works of that.

Even if his days at Spurs are numbered, you'd have to imagine there would be PL and equivalent standard teams who'd be willing to take him on and play him to his strengths.

Having looked into this further I noticed Reguilon and Ndombele two other first team regulars who have been training since the start havent played the last two games either. Could just be a case of hes training the legs off them for fitness purposes with a view to being proper fit and having a look at the younger players. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:45pm
Given that multiple sources have said that he's surplus to requirements and he's not featuring in pre season it's fairly likely that he is indeed surplus to requirements unfortunately.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Given that multiple sources have said that he's surplus to requirements and he's not featuring in pre season it's fairly likely that he is indeed surplus to requirements unfortunately.

Is the only source not Alex Crook on Talksport? He may well be surplus to requirements but that fella has spouted some sh1te in the past..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:39pm
I dunno, Nuno doesn't sound too keen on him going by his comments. More so to do with him not fitting into his plans of not going with a back 3 or wing backs and just not being good enough to play as a traditional right back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 6:52pm
Back and starting tonight for their friendly against MK Dons.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:13pm
Decent hour for Doherty today, looked good going forward and seen a fair share of the ball.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 7:54pm
Playing with the Spurs reserves in their conference league match. Safe to say Spurs aren't taking the competition too seriously.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 8:15pm
Larne's conquerors set for another giant killing.

Tottenham losing 1-0.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 12:05pm
Doherty getting plenty stick on Twitter anyways after last night! Not ideal being involved in losing 1-0 in those circumstances. 

Didn’t see it so can’t comment but it really hasn’t worked out for him this move has it. Actually Dohertys at Spurs accurately sums up how Irish football has gone in general the last 12 months!  
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 12:13pm
Doherty seems to struggle with the basics at Spurs. Passing and his crossing has been poor. You'd think that a game like last night would be one that Doherty should stand out in as a senior pro. He doesn't look a confident player at the moment.  
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 1:16pm

Doherty getting plenty stick on Twitter anyways after last night! Not ideal being involved in losing 1-0 in those circumstances. 

Didn’t see it so can’t comment but it really hasn’t worked out for him this move has it. Actually Dohertys at Spurs accurately sums up how Irish football has gone in general the last 12 months!  
He didn’t look any better or worse Kevin than any of the other first team players who featured last night I thought . Easy scapegoat maybe . Harry Winks ,Gil and Romero were just ok too 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

He didn’t look any better or worse Kevin than any of the other first team players who featured last night I thought . Easy scapegoat maybe . Harry Winks ,Gil and Romero were just ok too 

Did he not? He played a pre season match against Arsenal I thought he played okay see a bit of it but the consensus was he played poor too? 

Maybe he is a scapegoat but it really hasn’t worked out for him can’t say it has. At times last year as posted above he couldn’t even pass the ball properly! 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:46pm
Spurs and Everton both looking to sign right backs before the close of the window.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 1:16pm
I've lost count of how many right backs Coleman has seen off at Everton at this point.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I've lost count of how many right backs Coleman has seen off at Everton at this point.

What is the count?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 1:26pm
Everton are in for Maitland Niles! I would suspect Coleman is still first choice in that scenario! 
Doherty looks like he won't be at Spurs beyond next year! A disaster for him to say the least. Doherty screams to me a player that should go to Italy slightly slower pace football and full of teams that play with wing backs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 138>
  Share Topic