You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:16pm
Hows he playing tonight
Sponsored Links

wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:24pm
Has been ok by no means awful.
Comes in very narrow when sergio reguilon has the ball for and also go's on the underlap a bit too much have seen him do much better
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:27pm
Just got an assist passed it to kane who knocked it in from 25 yards out but good movement foward, looks far fresher tonight 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 8:54pm
👍
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:52am
Mourinho has criticised Doherty in the past rightly so but praised him tonight said he was impeccable in his defensive work and also going forward. 

He had a good game tonight the game suited him in that it allowed him to push up a bit further. Up to now Mourinho has been very slow to play Reguilon and Doherty in the same back 4 for obvious reasons and that’s not just Dohertys limitations it’s Reguilons also he’s not the best defensively. If Doc is playing it tends to be Davies on the other side and vice versa. 

Interesting to see will he play the two of them against Arsenal next Sunday now after praising him tonight? It will be Doc missing out if he doesn’t trust them as Reguilon will play he’s well ahead of Davies. Presume Aurier is out injured so will he be even back by then.

Edited by kevin100 - 08 Mar 2021 at 1:53am
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
Getting ripped to shreds today. Hopefully he comes off and stays fit for us.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
Doherty poor Arsenal goal, Tierney skins him
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:17pm
Shocking defensively again today
Whacha gonna do
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:18pm
Getting destroyed. Today was an important game for him and in keeping with our luck at the moment it’s gone wrong for him 😂
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:18pm
Safe to say Coleman will have the RB slot sewn up. Doherty is a septic defender. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:28pm
Bale offering nothing defensively leaving Doherty to try and track two Arsenal players! Brilliant from Tierney for the goal.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
Thankfully he has youth on his side 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 7:08pm
LOL

Docherty, Docherty, Docherty, Docherty according to Martin Tyler.  Angry

They couldn't wait to sh*t on him at half time (thanks to the Saipan deserter planting that seed a couple of weeks before the Burnley game) for Arsenal's equalizer. Not saying Doherty wasn't at fault but if it was one of their mates that was an English international, I don't they'd have been quite as forceful in their condemnation.

Keane would've had a field day if he was on the panel to stick the knife in on Doherty even more. 

He's getting into the right areas in an attacking sense and I would've love to see him get a vital late goal for us during the WC campaign. He hit the crossbar in the Slovakia penalty shootout so hopefully he has that extra bit of motivation going into the Serbia match and make problems for their defence. 

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Mar 2021 at 7:08pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Safe to say Coleman will have the RB slot sewn up. Doherty is a septic defender. 

This is nothing new Coleman has always been a better right back than Doherty and if Kenny continues to see other wise it’s a big mistake 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL

They couldn't wait to sh*t on him at half time (thanks to the Saipan deserter planting that seed a couple of weeks before the Burnley game) for Arsenal's equalizer. Not saying Doherty wasn't at fault but if it was one of their mates that was an English international, I don't they'd have been quite as forceful in their condemnation.

Keane would've had a field day if he was on the panel to stick the knife in on Doherty even more. 

He's getting into the right areas in an attacking sense and I would've love to see him get a vital late goal for us during the WC campaign. He hit the crossbar in the Slovakia penalty shootout so hopefully he has that extra bit of motivation going into the Serbia match and make problems for their defence. 

sh*te or otherwise, we all know why the Judas doesn’t like him 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:48pm

sh*te or otherwise, we all know why the Judas doesn’t like him 
[/QUOTE]

Bet you wish we had a player like "Judas" playing for us now.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 8:11pm

LOL

I think you're trying too hard to make excuses where none exist.

I was pleased when Spurs signed Matt (esp for the money).

I was quite prepared to be patient when he didn't hit the ground running.

I worried that Mourinho might be messing with his head etc (still do, in truth).

But yesterday Doherty was so ineffably bad I actually found myself wondering whether Serge Aurier wouldn't be a better pick.

And fcuk me, but Aurier is one crap defender. Shocked

Edited by Territorial - 15 Mar 2021 at 8:13pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

LOL

I think you're trying too hard to make excuses where none exist.

I was pleased when Spurs signed Matt (esp for the money).

I was quite prepared to be patient when he didn't hit the ground running.

I worried that Mourinho might be messing with his head etc (still do, in truth).

But yesterday Doherty was so ineffably bad I actually found myself wondering whether Serge Aurier wouldn't be a better pick.

And fcuk me, but Aurier is one crap defender. Shocked

I know Doherty hasn't been good at Spurs and there's always been question marks about his defensive ability when playing in the right back role as opposed to his more familiar wing back position but what I don't like is Keane eviscerated him going above and beyond normal criticism with a clearly personal slant to it. 

If Michael O'Neill was on the panel and it was a N.I. right back that was at fault for a goal in a match, I'm sure he would criticize as he'd have to do but he would not completely tear one of the players he coached/managed before in the international set up to pieces in the manner that Keane did before the Burnley game.

It opens the door for Doherty to be the scapegoat for all of Spurs's ills this season because Roy the alpha pundit said so. My point still stands if Doherty was English, i do think there would be more of a reluctance to criticize him irrespective of how valid the current criticism of Doherty is.  

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Mar 2021 at 8:29pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 138>
  Share Topic