You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 138>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:31pm
Involved in the goals once again as he puts Wolves 2-1 up against Braga 
Sponsored Links

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm
what a run and lovely headed finish, great composure for such a young lad
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:45pm
Be some player when he's older. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:46pm
he’ll be 28 in January hardly a young lad !
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Young Doherty still has lots of time to learn at this level
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

I'll give him one campaign before posters and demanding that called Lee O'Connor (a Celtic sub) plays instead.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:53pm

Just shows how ahead of schedule he is to be in the international side already at his age

Edited by Trap junior - 28 Nov 2019 at 6:56pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:07pm

Really, Guf? LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'll give him one campaign before posters and demanding that called Lee O'Connor (a Celtic sub) plays instead.

Is that 1 campaign the Euro campaign now or the end of the WC qualifying campaign coming up which ends in 3 years time? By the end of the Qatar 2022 campaign Doherty could be finished at the top level, retired, or a Balloon Dor winner. Who knows. 

In football 1 year is a long time, 3 years is like a lifetime. Which is why anybody calling for Doherty to be involved over the past 12 months has been 100 percent correct. Doherty has been used appallingly under McCarthy. He is probably out best performing player at club level over the past 18 months and McCarthy effectively discarded him after the Gibraltar away game. Played Doherty for 45 minutes out of position, then subbed him off as a F*ck you to the media and all the other know it alls out there. After all, that washed up bozo McCarthy knows best.

So you should give a nod to all of those who were demanding Doherty be used recently, they were spot on. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:10pm

Sub? No where near the subs, 4th choice at best behind Frimpong, Elhamed and Bauer. Plus Bitton and Ajer have also filled in at right back this season.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:26pm
He’s learned a lot from playing alongside Cyrus Christie. Still a long way to go, but it’s exciting to see players like Doherty and Parrott coming through.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:31pm

Really, Guf? LOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:51pm
a young lad compared to me 😂😂😂😂😂
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:12pm
The two of you may not be too young but your certainly wiser then 99.999% on here !!! Though that's pretty easy
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Sub? No where near the subs, 4th choice at best behind Frimpong, Elhamed and Bauer. Plus Bitton and Ajer have also filled in at right back this season.

That's kinda my point.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Is that 1 campaign the Euro campaign now or the end of the WC qualifying campaign coming up which ends in 3 years time? By the end of the Qatar 2022 campaign Doherty could be finished at the top level, retired, or a Balloon Dor winner. Who knows. 

In football 1 year is a long time, 3 years is like a lifetime. Which is why anybody calling for Doherty to be involved over the past 12 months has been 100 percent correct. Doherty has been used appallingly under McCarthy. He is probably out best performing player at club level over the past 18 months and McCarthy effectively discarded him after the Gibraltar away game. Played Doherty for 45 minutes out of position, then subbed him off as a F*ck you to the media and all the other know it alls out there. After all, that washed up bozo McCarthy knows best.

So you should give a nod to all of those who were demanding Doherty be used recently, they were spot on. 

If Doherty was 1st choice you'd be calling for Mick's head based on him dropping the captain etc....

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:36pm
You and plenty of others have consistently posted utter garbage around team selection discussions. Just like your posts on this thread today, they are designed to shut down anyone saying that Doherty should be in the side. These posts are up there with the poisonous posts some lads on here consistently repeat about how they look forward to Kenny's Ireland team playing like Brazil, as a deflection to McCarthys poisonous tenure.

The fact that you believe that James McClean should be an integral part of our team, and are willing to scream loudly and consistently about it says enough for me. McClean, a lad with no form whatsoever for what 2 or 3 years now is it? Yet a player like Doherty who is ripping it up for 18 months is just dismissed, as it suits your agenda to shut down commentary around the horrid team selections over the past year or so.

It's pathetic tbh. Worse still, you are completely wrong about the likes of McClean, about the likes of Doherty, about our managers toxic presence. The saddest thing of all is that even though every single minute of McCarthys tenure proves how wrong you are, you just can't see any different now. You are too far gone on the road to nowhere.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:48pm
I’ve missed you Hans 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 138>
  Share Topic