You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 6:45pm
ESPN Argentina are obsessed with Irish B internationals!
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 7:26pm
Matt in the Wolves team at QPR in the live championship game on SS1 coverage from 19.30 tonght.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:48pm
Matt had a sound game tonight played an important part in Wolves first goal and was unlucky not to score himself.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:05pm
bump

Just looking at Wolves's end of season awards last year and he was voted their best player by the fans/best player among the other players and scored the best goal.

Has apparently done well at left back but is a natural right back and has played in all defensive positions.

Anyone seen much if any of him?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:12pm
Maybe time for the mods to merge the two Matt Doherty threads?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:21pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 7:49pm
Scores again tonight vs Cardiff. He's got some eye for goal for a RB
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 4:42pm
Scores a 30 yard free-kick vs Stoke, right in the top corner
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 4:45pm
a move to a premier league team is lurking for this guy..he is ripping stoke apart...best man on the pitch..  today...... dudes....................

a goal and an assist for a guy playing out of position...  I think  full backs are in need....if MAN U is looking for a fellow at right back...he can be a  denis irwin of  XXI
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 4:46pm
Deserves a call up, not as if we're overloaded at full back and the fact he's capable of playing right or left is useful.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Deserves a call up, not as if we're overloaded at full back and the fact he's capable of playing right or left is useful.
Yeah, he seems to have developed an awful lot. When I first saw him in the championship I wouldn't have had him near the Irish set-up, being played on the wrong side seems to have actually aided his development.  I haven't seen much of him this year but their fans and local journalists seem to rate him highly.
The one area where I feel Martin has been worthy of criticism is the left back position where he seems happy with Ward or playing Brady out of position. Doherty and Cunningham have both deserved a look in friendlies and with Doherty's ability to cover either side he should be a regular in the 23.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Yeah, he seems to have developed an awful lot. When I first saw him in the championship I wouldn't have had him near the Irish set-up, being played on the wrong side seems to have actually aided his development.  I haven't seen much of him this year but their fans and local journalists seem to rate him highly.
The one area where I feel Martin has been worthy of criticism is the left back position where he seems happy with Ward or playing Brady out of position. Doherty and Cunningham have both deserved a look in friendlies and with Doherty's ability to cover either side he should be a regular in the 23.

He was players, fans and journos player of the year for Wolves last season, clean sweep. Should be a regular in the squad alright.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Scores a 30 yard free-kick vs Stoke, right in the top corner

Cracking goal.
Thumbs Up

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm
Did well to win a penalty against Norwich yesterday. Ended the game in goal. All the drama is here https://www.balls.ie/football/wes-hoolahan-dive-357302
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:10pm
Embarrassing from Wes.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:30pm
Scores for wolves to make it 1-1 vs Brentford
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:06am
Fair play to him, legend in the green shirt Thumbs Up

depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Fair play to him, legend in the green shirt Thumbs Up

Scored 3 for us in that bizarre 2004 Euro campaign
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 138>
  Share Topic