You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 138>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:14am
well.. he never really plays for ireland so is he much of a loss ....
Come on Irelind
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

well.. he never really plays for ireland so is he much of a loss ....

He is too young and inexperienced
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:34am
Matt Doherty missed the last Ireland games because of a health scare. Had minor surgery on his lip to remove a potentially cancerous mole/freckle
Danger here, OH NO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:20am
I thought it was a knee issue. I suppose it was in a way.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/matt-doherty-hopeful-that-surgery-will-only-keep-him-out-of-swiss-clash-38457365.html

Edited by horsebox - 02 Oct 2019 at 9:21am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:33am
But he is travelling to Georgia? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/matt-doherty-hopeful-that-surgery-will-only-keep-him-out-of-swiss-clash-38457365.html

Interview with Richie SAdlier and he mentioned it. Also said that O'Neill rang him after Doherty said he wasn't surprised O'Neill was sacked. O'Neill called him a t**ser and the likes on the phone
Danger here, OH NO
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Interview with Richie SAdlier and he mentioned it. Also said that O'Neill rang him after Doherty said he wasn't surprised O'Neill was sacked. O'Neill called him a t**ser and the likes on the phone
you got a link?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

you got a link?

On Second Captains so if you're subscribed to them it's on there
Danger here, OH NO
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:52am

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

you got a link?

On Second Captains so if you're subscribed to them it's on there

Thanks 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:01am
He seems to be a bit of a mouthpiece.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He mentions that people say that about him. He said he's not into the usual answers that footballers are trained to give. Lad speaks his mind and isn't particularly wrong when he speaks it.
Danger here, OH NO
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:12am

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He mentions that people say that about him. He said he's not into the usual answers that footballers are trained to give. Lad speaks his mind and isn't particularly wrong when he speaks it.

Have no problem with that, it's refreshing.

People laud Roy Keane for 'telling it like it is' when he actually just throws out rent-a-quote soundbites that morons lap up. Doherty speaks his mind in an intelligent manner, I donlt see any issue with it.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 02 Oct 2019 at 10:12am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

People laud Roy Keane for 'telling it like it is' when he actually just throws out rent-a-quote soundbites that morons lap up. 

Amazing how mogs lap that sh1t up 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 3:40pm
played on the right of a back three this weekend - at least for the first half. Interesting proposition 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 3:41pm
Young Doherty is one of the best wing backs in the business, the view of Ian Wright on MOTD2 last night. high praise indeed

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 4:19pm
Seen the highlights last night. Its amazing the difference inour players at their clubs. Look how doherty us used for wolves. Hes like an attacking genius for wolves. Raiding down the right, and got in the box through the middle a few times. His cross set up the goal. But he cant get in our side and when he does its out of position or due to injury. Hard to believe.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Seen the highlights last night. Its amazing the difference inour players at their clubs. Look how doherty us used for wolves. Hes like an attacking genius for wolves. Raiding down the right, and got in the box through the middle a few times. His cross set up the goal. But he cant get in our side and when he does its out of position or due to injury. Hard to believe.

I said the same about Coleman for years

amazing what playing with better players can do
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 4:32pm
It really is hard to believe that we don't start a player like Doherty let alone utilise him as a right wing back where hes best seen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 138>
  Share Topic