You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 419>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

On a serious note, a man objecting to a football pitch and clubhouse for young lads in order to protect his interests in a vacant and dilapidated 18th century property tells you all you need to know about him. A property constructed by Captain Charles Stewart for poppy-wearing Martin. Thankfully there are enough Derry citizens who have remained true to themselves and their heritage.
According to Wiki:
"Horn Head House, or Landlord's House as it is locally known, stands on the Sheephaven Bay side of Horn Head."

Seeing as Martin lives in England, would that make him an absentee landlord?

Or might he just be thought finally to be re-possessing from Plamters what was rightfully Gaels' land in the first place?

Answers on a postcard to...
Sponsored Links

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

On a serious note, a man objecting to a football pitch and clubhouse for young lads in order to protect his interests in a vacant and dilapidated 18th century property tells you all you need to know about him. A property constructed by Captain Charles Stewart for poppy-wearing Martin. Thankfully there are enough Derry citizens who have remained true to themselves and their heritage.
According to Wiki:
"Horn Head House, or Landlord's House as it is locally known, stands on the Sheephaven Bay side of Horn Head."

Seeing as Martin lives in England, would that make him an absentee landlord?

Or might he just be thought finally to be re-possessing from Plamters what was rightfully Gaels' land in the first place?

Answers on a postcard to...

LOLLOL

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:16pm
Martin on his way to his gaff in Donegal

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:28pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Got himself in a hell of a scrape this time https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/afghan-tv-anchor-interviews-taliban-221519122.html

What's Barry McGuigan doing in Afghanistan?
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Got himself in a hell of a scrape this time  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/afghan-tv-anchor-interviews-taliban-221519122. - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/afghan-tv-anchor-interviews-taliban-221519122.html

What's Barry McGuigan doing in Afghanistan?

Is Tony OD there?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:37am
The bitterness. LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 08 Nov 2022 at 9:37am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:52am
He's right though.

Northern Nationalists are considered as outsides from a selective Free Staters.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:20am
Maybe being a bollox in every interview didn't endear him to anyone....just a notion.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:30am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's right though.

You might be right there but that doesnt mean that MON isnt very annoying. 
El Puto Amo
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:38am
Being annoying in interviews isn't of much importance though is it ? 

All things considered, he got some of the best results and gave us some of the best nights of any manager we had.

He deserves respect.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:44am

He's right though.

And yet you use a term like ‘Free Staters.’
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:50am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Being annoying in interviews isn't of much importance though is it ? 

All things considered, he got some of the best results and gave us some of the best nights of any manager we had.

He deserves respect.

And he had it.

Until he threw it away by being a complete pr*ck in interviews, presiding over some shocking results and performances, and letting our camps descend into farce where players and management were fighting with each other. 

If he left after the Denmark game, which is when his reign was over in spirit - there was no coming back from that - then he would be remembered far more fondly. Its everything that he did after that tarnished his legacy.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 10:57am
MON did come across as bitter in interviews and should have hit the road after the 5-1 debacle.

In saying that, he gave us some of our best nights - Germany, Italy, Bosnia, Austria & Wales were all big scalps and that will never be forgotten. It all went a bit stale towards the end in similar fashion to Trap. Quit while you're ahead! 2018 was the grimmest year for Irish football Ouch

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 08 Nov 2022 at 10:58am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:00am

He's right though.

This is the same MON that said 

“Ideally it would be fantastic if every single player playing for us came from Leinster, Munster and Connacht.

“That would be really great but in this day and age that’s not happening so if we have to look slightly further afield for players we think might improve our team . . . everyone else is doing it so I might as well.”

--

He's right about how plenty of media types in the south perceive people from the north but imo he wears whatever hat suits him in particular situations. it's easy for him to zone in on this as a reason for his criticism rather than doing any sort of self reflection 

Edited by notpropaganda73 - 08 Nov 2022 at 11:01am
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

MON did come across as bitter in interviews and should have hit the road after the 5-1 debacle.

In saying that, he gave us some of our best nights - Germany, Italy, Bosnia, Austria & Wales were all big scalps and that will never be forgotten. It all went a bit stale towards the end in similar fashion to Trap. Quit while you're ahead! 2018 was the grimmest year for Irish football Ouch

100%, I agree that some people were quick to forget what he achieved before it all went so horribly pear-shaped 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:31am
Read a bit from his book.  It reads a like a nordy Alan Patridge.  

Germany game I had the idea to put O Shea up front and we equalised following my decision.  

Germany home and I brought Shane long on and he scored and we won after my decision.  

Needless to say I had the last laugh.  
AKA pedantic kunt
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Read a bit from his book.  It reads a like a nordy Alan Patridge.  

Germany game I had the idea to put O Shea up front and we equalised following my decision.  

Germany home and I brought Shane long on and he scored and we won after my decision.  

Needless to say I had the last laugh.  

Did he say in the book how he was disappointed he didn't get a few months off after that Germany win to gloat about it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 419>
  Share Topic