You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 389390391392393 419>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I put 7 euro on them to be promoted at 14/1. Regardless of his perceived flaws, his record shows he's a successful manager and i think it's a clever appointment by forest.

No chance they will go up this season. They wont make the top 6.

6 points off the top 6 as it is. Time will tell

Edited by OohAah... - 19 Jan 2019 at 3:16pm
Sponsored Links

Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:18pm
There is a chance that he gets Meyler, O'Dowda, McClean and that O'Brien from Millwall to try to get promoted.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Not sure if he is greedy, never heard any stories about him being mean. In fact heard the opposite.

1993 he demanded big money from Forest to stay.  Summer 1993 demanded big money from Blackburn.  summer 1993 wouldn't sign for Utd  until they gave him the money he wanted. It was this stalemate that he enrolled Michael Kennedy to negotiate for him who got him what he wanted eventually.  Summer 2000 demands huge money off Utd to stay.  This led the club to increase their season ticket prices.  Turned down Celtic when they didn't offer him the money he wanted in 2014/ 2015.   Looks like he may turn down Forest over money 2019.

Isnt he right. Esp in the early years. He was a savage player and worth every penny.

Clough called him a greedy child

To be fair, I'd have paid very little attention to what Clough was saying in those days. 

Nothing wrong with it IMO. If someone comes looking to sign you, why not try and squeeze them for everything he could get. I agree with this stance as an in-demand player, but as you say, I've never seen such treatment for an assistant manager.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:41pm

Not sure if he is greedy, never heard any stories about him being mean. In fact heard the opposite.

1993 he demanded big money from Forest to stay.  Summer 1993 demanded big money from Blackburn.  summer 1993 wouldn't sign for Utd  until they gave him the money he wanted. It was this stalemate that he enrolled Michael Kennedy to negotiate for him who got him what he wanted eventually.  Summer 2000 demands huge money off Utd to stay.  This led the club to increase their season ticket prices.  Turned down Celtic when they didn't offer him the money he wanted in 2014/ 2015.   Looks like he may turn down Forest over money 2019.

Trap he is dead right.  Football clubs are not non profit organizations they are making money for the owner or shareholders.  If Keane thinks he can get x amount of money why shouldn’t he bargain for it.   If you were going for a job would you not want what you think are worth and best way to get that is to play hard ball on it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:53pm
  He turned down the Celtic job over money.  He is unemployable as a manager in England and he is lucky even Celtic would have had him.  He still thinks a big club in England will come looking for him and pay him 5 million a year. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
His old man isn't well that's why he hasn't signed yet 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:57pm

He turned down the Celtic job over money.  He is unemployable as a manager in England and he is lucky even Celtic would have had him.  He still thinks a big club in England will come looking for him and pay him 5 million a year. 

And if he is wrong he is the one who will pay the price for it by not getting a job. 

It’s a negotiation.  If he wants x amount of money they fly decide if they want to pay that or not.  Simple.  

By the way blaming the ticket price increases on Keane is falling for utd club spin.  

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Jan 2019 at 4:58pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

That in my opinion is a bullsh*t front because MON and Keane don't want the publicity that he is being a greedy child and haggling.  He will miss out on the job when Forest get fed up with his demands. I don't think Keane realises he is considered poison by everyone in the UK who does untold damage to morale of dressing rooms.  Every club he has been in the players hated him.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:04pm

That in my opinion is a bullsh*t front because MON and Keane don't want the publicity that he is being a greedy child and haggling.  He will miss out on the job when Forest get fed up with his demands. I don't think Keane realises he is considered poison by everyone in the UK who does untold damage to morale of dressing rooms.  Every club he has been in the players hated him.

Get over yourself for f**k sake all this sh*te because it it doesn't fit  in with your narrative

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Jan 2019 at 5:04pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:07pm

Get over yourself for f**k sake all this sh*te because it it doesn't fit  in with your narrative

Are you suggesting I have an anti Keane agenda?  Shocked

Everyone knows my analysis of Keane and MON is fair and balanced.  They are both equally sh*te.

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:29pm
The natives are already getting restless on the forest forums.It's going to be a bumpy ride.Yesterdays man, well past his use by date.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

The natives are already getting restless on the forest forums.It's going to be a bumpy ride.Yesterdays man, well past his use by date.

From their forum:

''That was turgid.

O’Neill will quickly need to realise he needs to ditch the 4-4-2 and get Carvalho back in that team, otherwise we will go nowhere. You can see he tried to ride the momentum but hopefully we aren’t going to be setup like this every week.''

Enjoy ladsLOL

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 5:56pm
He got 51% possession though atleast. I'm not even sure he reached those highs against Gibraltar.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:00pm
Just scrolling through the last few pages:  A couple of familiar sounding posts caught my eye:

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
Sounds sh*t, I really thought O’Neil had learnt, his fighting attitude saying that he is not a dinosaur got me tingling. However what on earth is the setup he’s done today? Carvalho is the best football player st the club and offensive surely he should find a way to accommodate him even if it’s a 3-5-2. The personnel and formation is baffling.

''Predictable as soon as the team was announced.
But it also goes to the Martin's mentality. Very cautious, hard working, players out of position, lack of creativity.
Yes some of the players are just not up to it, but the system and team selection today more or less made it predictable.''

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think there is a big difference between demanding to be paid the market value for your services in an industry and being greedy.

His market value as a manager/assistant is lower than the likes of Neil Warnock, Paul Lambert et al.  He is the same calibre manager as Paul Ince or Nigel Clough. In fact they are more employable than Keane.   So why is he looking for massive money??  His market value is very low.  He still thinks he is a hot shot player.
Sorry, I didn't mean as a manager or assistant. I think anyone that pays him in that field should sack themselves, I meant as a player. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm

His old man was never well!
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:03am
Wants to make James McClean his first signing according to reports. He hasn't been able to get into the Stoke team since Nathan Jones has taken over, Jones favouring a diamond formation.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:23am
He's come off the bench on all 3 games. He's not surplus to requirements anyway.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 389390391392393 419>
  Share Topic