Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 419>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:23pm
Is he gone yet?

Please sweet baby Jesus someone tell me he's gone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:33pm

Is he gone yet?

Please sweet baby Jesus someone tell me he's gone.
Ah come on now sir molex you will get the scoop before us Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:28pm
I think he’s on thin ice but Tuesday is huge for him. Win and he’ll see out his contract. Lose and it could be the final straw.

If we draw against Wales and Denmark it’ll be enough for him to see to next year too I think. 

Attendance was reasonable yesterday. Not so sure a small attendance on Tuesday will be a deciding factor for Delaney. O Neill probably just about has fixtures on his side. Delaney doesn’t have any foresight
Fozzy B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:34pm
if he was to go after tuesday night, we would probably end up with noel king in temporary charge for Novembers double header. wtf did we ever do to deserve  thisCryAngryThumbs DownDead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:37pm
I can’t see him getting the bullet to be honest. 
I can see another dour draw on Tuesday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:43pm

Even if we lose 8-0, John Delaney is not going to sack him. The only way we can get rid of MON is if he goes himself. I do not see any way out of this unfortunately, we are stuck with him.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:48pm

Even if we lose 8-0, John Delaney is not going to sack him. The only way we can get rid of MON is if he goes himself. I do not see any way out of this unfortunately, we are stuck with him.

Don’t agree with this. He doesn’t want any heat on him. It’s less complex this time compared to when the Board voted against sacking Trap after the Germany hammering with DOB out of the equation thankfully.
Terzino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:07pm
Seems to get a very easy time of it in the media, considering the performances and results of the last year. McCarthy, Kerr, Trapattoni, all would have been slaughtered for the run of form.

If you play a style of football that is all about the result, you can't then try and big up a clean-sheet when the result is poor. We didn't lose 5-1! Hooray. 

A draw at home is absolutely of no value given the context of the group. In anyway, win your home games is page 1 of the international managerial manual. 

We drew 0-0 in Copenhagen in the play-off, so all we have done is swop the results around. A 2 or 3 nil defeat in Denmark should be expected next month.

An entire year has now been wasted, and we are going backwards at a rate of knots. 

We are just waiting for the straw that breaks the camel's back. Will it be Wales, the North or Denmark? What a complete waste of everybody's time and effort.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:08pm
At the halfway point of the group stage, we have less points than all of the following:

Albania, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Faroes, Finland, Georgia, Gibraltar, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, and Moldova. 

Granted, they're not playing world beaters in their groups, but they are doing well against similar standard rivals, which we're not. But I wonder how they manage, without access to English league players. 

We've won 4 games in 2 years. The gombeen responsible should go back to ITV and have the craic with his fellow pundits, the only thing he's good at nowadays.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:41am
Just listened to his post-match interview. Described Doherty form this season in the league as "fine" LOL
inlikeflynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:58am

At the halfway point of the group stage, we have less points than all of the following:

Albania, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Faroes, Finland, Georgia, Gibraltar, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, and Moldova. 

Granted, they're not playing world beaters in their groups, but they are doing well against similar standard rivals, which we're not. But I wonder how they manage, without access to English league players. 

We've won 4 games in 2 years. The gombeen responsible should go back to ITV and have the craic with his fellow pundits, the only thing he's good at nowadays.

Gibraltar. It’s not often anyone is compared negatively to them. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I think he’s on thin ice but Tuesday is huge for him. Win and he’ll see out his contract. Lose and it could be the final straw.

If we draw against Wales and Denmark it’ll be enough for him to see to next year too I think. 

Attendance was reasonable yesterday. Not so sure a small attendance on Tuesday will be a deciding factor for Delaney. O Neill probably just about has fixtures on his side. Delaney doesn’t have any foresight

One point at home against your rivals both missing their star man shoukd be fatal but I doubt it

Perhaps he will point to st sales to show he ‘must be doing something right ‘

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 7:06am

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

One point at home against your rivals both missing their star man shoukd be fatal but I doubt it

Perhaps he will point to st sales to show he ‘must be doing something right ‘
Goodness knows what we will get on Tuesday night , humnmm 2 shots on goal would be 100% improvement .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:55am
He has lost the plot. No other way to describe it. That interview, feck me. I give up. 
mandrake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:03am

Would anyone take two defeats in the upcoming games for O'Neill to be sacked?

Don't give me this old patriotic sh*te that "oh I never want to see my country lose" 

It's only a question on an internet forum, don't take it too seriously Wink

Two defeats and he will still be in charge. The only way I can't see him being in charge is if he walks, I just can't see the FAI paying him off.
There was a potential opportunity to get rid of Keane, for free, after the Arter and Walters stories broke, no matter what way you looked at it, I'm sure it broke some small print somewhere. Keane going might have made MON think about walking too. I think it will take a string of proper hidings for him to step down, although that is a real possibility!

Delaney is far too egocentric. The highlight of his tenure... Ireland playing a Euro 2020 group game in Dublin against Spain.

If he thinks Martin has fook all chance fulfilling that ambition, he will sling him out the door and take his chances elsewhere. 

We're talking about john delaney here, lads.
I agree banjaxed.. at the moment Delaney is getting no flack, even o neill isn't, interest is low.. but I do think Delaney would want the big game at home in 2020
niallmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:18am
I think Delaney like having MON onboard as it takes the flack away from him.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
Paul Merson in a Sky Sports column predicting the result says MON and Roy “do a great job.”

Proves he’s never watched us play.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:28pm
With all the players unavailable for Wales there really is no excuse for not beating them tomorrow. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 419>