You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 419>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by BriMurt BriMurt wrote:

I'd be a great Ireland manager, I think. It seems so easy. I'd just tell the players not to make their trademark stupid mistakes, have more bottle, not sit back after a goal, and if they do score a goal then try not to score in the first 5 mins because that hasn't worked out well, statistically. And they'd be like, "Ooooooh....See we thought we were supposed to do all those things", and I'd be like "No. No you weren't...." 

Semi final of the next WC at least. 

I remember a boss of mine years ago extolling his Championship Manager credentials and then using them as a stick to beat Alex Ferguson with. His quote was that he "had won 4 European Cups in a row and Fergie has only ever won two". He then got a faraway look and said "Makes you think.........."

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:49pm
f**king hell LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:50pm
Makes you think...about what a dope that guy sounds like

BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'd be a great Ireland manager, I think. It seems so easy. I'd just tell the players not to make their trademark stupid mistakes, have more bottle, not sit back after a goal, and if they do score a goal then try not to score in the first 5 mins because that hasn't worked out well, statistically. And they'd be like, "Ooooooh....See we thought we were supposed to do all those things", and I'd be like "No. No you weren't...." 

I remember a boss of mine years ago extolling his Championship Manager credentials and then using them as a stick to beat Alex Ferguson with. His quote was that he "had won 4 European Cups in a row and Fergie has only ever won two". He then got a faraway look and said "Makes you think.........."

How are you still alive and not imploded into a mini black hole from the cringe you must have felt? 

I'm not knocking fans having an opinion and discussing it. That's pretty much why we're here, but at the same time I think it would be a very interesting social experiment to have a real physical football team managed by an online forum. I think it could end up in some of the greatest online rants and tirades in the history of the Internet. 

Edit: Oh, I see the above has been done https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFootballClub#Performance

Edited by BriMurt - 20 Jun 2018 at 6:03pm
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:04am
I'm watching WC here in Kosovo and who pops up on FOXTV Sports USA doing analysis but Mr O Neill. Id say he's on nice $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s for this.

Its a tough life (for some)!!!!!!!!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm watching WC here in Kosovo and who pops up on FOXTV Sports USA doing analysis but Mr O Neill. Id say he's on nice $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s for this.

With Tony Meola and Hernan Crespo LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:03pm
He's on ITV today doing punditry on the Danish game. Can't say he's not qualified to talk about the Danish play given he was on the business end of it. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:54pm
he was a bit of a prick to Aluko

He couldn't articulate why it wasn't handball well enough to convince the others so just claimed he was right. Then immediately realised he looked a bit of a prick and claimed it as a joke Ermm

came across as a complete tit
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:14pm

He's on ITV today doing punditry on the Danish game. Can't say he's not qualified to talk about the Danish play given he was on the business end of it. 

That's why they got him LOLLOL
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm
Does MON just sit around during the international breaks and get paid to do nothing. I knw he's doing punditry for ITV for the world cup but for every other year ??
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I was trying to get a stream of the game on FS1 the fox sports channel and MON pops up on their coverage with Alexi Lalas. You cant get away from him!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Very David Brentesque.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:25am

What utter bollocks. This base level of debate is mortifying.

You don't need any managerial experience to see that the Ireland team is sent out on to the pitch with no plan. Of course Martin personally doesn't make the errors, but his tactical ineptness leaves the Irish team floundering and the chain reaction of his "winging it" creates scenarios on the pitch that would be easily avoided.

Imagine in any other walk of life your boss going: 

"Hey team, we really need to increase sales..."
"What do you suggest, Boss?"
"Ah sure, just pick up the phone there and see what happens."

This is the ridiculous level of nonsense that O'Neill is operating at. Far too many people on here are putting this down to the players and their actions, and not drilling deeper to see why...

There are 2 cases:

A.) Martin O'Neill has been trying to rectify things and the team are not responding
B.) Martin O'Neill is doing fook all. 

In either case, he should be getting boot. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm
Spoke on ITV just now about how Brian Clough used to do it.  

In 1980
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 3:04am
I think this guy may have won Twitter after MON was verbally destroyed by Bilic on ITV after the Denmark game LOL

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:08am
Encouraging that MON thinks the population of Ireland is 3 million... We've actually got 700,000 more people than Croatia LOL
We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:55pm
Funny how MON shuts up when the going gets tough on British TV but gives it large when TOD suggests that an away draw against Georgia isn’t a good result on RTE. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 02 Jul 2018 at 12:56pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Encouraging that MON thinks the population of Ireland is 3 million... We've actually got 700,000 more people than Croatia LOL
In fairness, Croatia don't have the GAA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 419>
  Share Topic