Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 419>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:42pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

raclle View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm
Remember the uproar about Trap not going to watch players, well this is nearly as bad as that.

I'm surprised nothing is been said about it.

How is a manger supposed to know the oppositions weakness if there's no preparation or how we'll play?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

As a potential solution to allow this thread to progress, could we put a banner on every page outlining the fact that TJ and Planning hate MON, his style of play, his dress sense, his glasses and his taste in music. That will save them having to spam us with their repetitive sh*te.

Sure you're repetitive as f**k with your pro O'Neill sh*te.

Absolutely untrue. I don't like our general style of play, some of our performances have been atrocious and some of MONs team selections have been questionable.

I'm haven't dug myself into a trench and am refusing to see any other point of view. That's the difference between my posts and yours

It's called siege mentality.  Anyway why would I change my opinion on him when its the same football we play under him time after time?  The football we played in Cardiff was as bad as we played in Georgia.  For me to change my opinion on him he'd have to change his style of play totally.  That's not going to happen. 

Grand. So we know your opinion isn't going to change until MON changes our style of play. Why don't you chill out and relax on making the exact same point endlessly until the style of play changes for the better or worse.
El Puto Amo
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/richie-sadlier-let-s-not-kid-ourselves-nobody-wants-to-play-us-1.3255392

Kerr wrote something similar too.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/i-take-little-pleasure-or-satisfaction-from-seeing-ireland-play-like-minnows-on-the-back-foot-constantly-36225955.html

Was gonna post that Kerr piece earlier. It's hard to disagree with a lot of it. I've been very critical about O'Neill, I don't like the style of play and the fact we keep conceding possession and don't generally attempt to change that. Soon as we went ahead on Monday, we made no attempt to be constructive and basically gsve them full possession and said break us down if you can.

But, he's got so many results against higher ranked opposition that it can no longer be just put down as luck. Much as we're generally sh*te against teams we should dominate, we have consistently done it when the chips are down and we need the result. Whether it's man management or what is irrelevant. We've beaten Germany, Bosnia, Italy, Austria and Wales the last couple of years having not had comparable results since the McCarthy era. That's ultimately the bottom line.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:36am
Remember a few weeks ago a few on this thread were wishing we could be a bit more like Scotland as they beat Lithuania and malta 🤡

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Oct 2017 at 1:02am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Remember a few weeks ago a few on this thread some were wishing we could be a bit more like Scotland as they beat Lithuania and malta 🤡

Who was that? Think you might be telling a few porkies now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Are Scotland really going that much better than us at the minute?

I wouldnt say they are individual players wise but there last 4 games are 2-0 against Malta, 3-0 against Lithuania, 2-2 with England and 1-0 against Slovenia. Ours are 0-0 with Wales, 1-1 with Austria, 1-1 with Georgia and 0-1 against Serbia. I know who the team bang on form is. The point I was making is they are getting good results and playing well. We are not getting results or playing well. Thats the managers fault.

Bump for trap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:05am

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

This was not a tough group, but it is a tight group of 4 sides that are somewhere between the top and the bottom of the second seed European bracket and throw in a couple of 5/6 seeds who are at the top of their respective piles. Clearly we've lost our way with recent results, but all is not lost yet.

I still find it bizarre that we'd look to fire a manager that could get us second place (provided we do) in a qualifying group. As I've pointed out before, you have to go back to '88 for the one and only time this was bettered by an Irish side.

As it happens, I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away.  Whoever gets the gig, will somehow have to form the scatter of mostly championship standard players that we now have, into better collective ones.

I find it remarkable that some people are lauding championship strikers as potential saviours when we have one such player playing a division above who can't hit a barn door or take up enough positions to score at his club. 

You make good points but I am fed up hearing that our players arent good enough. Isnt the championship ranked like 8-9 in Europe. Ffs most of the Scotland team play in the SPL and championship they are going well at the minute. Dont even start on the North. We have the players there to put in a showing a damn site better than they have been. We are relying on the old guard to much and its starting to show.

Bump for trap jnr
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 3:13am
El Puto Amo
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:30am
MC Hammered is in the elite of ybig posters, if talking a bit of sense is the criteria. Which obviously, it isn't, so he should be sacked from ybig. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:46am

I wouldnt say they are individual players wise but there last 4 games are 2-0 against Malta, 3-0 against Lithuania, 2-2 with England and 1-0 against Slovenia. Ours are 0-0 with Wales, 1-1 with Austria, 1-1 with Georgia and 0-1 against Serbia. I know who the team bang on form is. The point I was making is they are getting good results and playing well. We are not getting results or playing well. Thats the managers fault.

Bump for trap

Fair enough

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:48am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/14/martin-oneill-is-in-the-managerial-elite-even-if-a-top-job-eludes-him

I found the quote from John Robertson interesting.  How his knowledge of the insurance industry was not very good but he came across when he was selling that he knew the business inside out.

Exactly my thoughts on his management too.LOL

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:14pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/14/martin-oneill-is-in-the-managerial-elite-even-if-a-top-job-eludes-him

Excellent Article imagine if we lost against Wales playing classic football with Wes pulling the strings.

The very same journalists and posters on here would have slaughtered O’Neill and would be building the Gallows. In the end results are what matter end of.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm

Bump for trap

And where did I suggest we play like Scotland in this post? They were bang in form we werent. They then sh*t themselves- we took advantage. Thank f**k.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:14pm
They say if you rub his belly, you get good luck.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:16pm
Lucky General. 50% chance of having to go Italy and we don't get them

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They say if you rub his belly, you get good luck.
I would suck his cock for this type of luck LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:35pm
How exactly has he been lucky throughout his career again?
Dunphy banging on about that on the radio again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 419>
  Share Topic