You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin McGuinness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

In fairness, McGuinness has never really shyed away from his past and why should he?

I think when you see rev David Lattimers thoughts on him, there's more similarities than differences with people like Mandella.

Personally, I don't really understand the nomination, surely he'll have to give up deputy first minister to run?

Giving it up temporarily a la Peter Robinson. So if he loses which I suspect he doesn't lose out on anything. John O'Dowd being rumoured to step in temporarily according to RTE News
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:28pm
[QUOTE=AntrimMan]In fairness, McGuinness has never really shyed away from his past and why should he?

I think when you see rev David Lattimers thoughts on him, there's more similarities than differences with people like Mandella.

Personally, I don't really understand the nomination, surely he'll have to give up deputy first minister to run?[/QUOTE]

He will, but according to Mary Lou on the news there, he can step aside temporarily, such a thing has already been written in to the Northern assembly.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:28pm
John O'Dowd? Jesus wept.

Was half expecting Gerry Kelly to get thrown up for the job- FM and DFM questions would have been some craic
@AntrimMan85
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What wrong with being gay.

Is it better to be a terrorist than a gay person.

How would people like that every time our president goes around the world he is describes as ex terrorist on fox news or sky news or BBC or French or german tv.

Of course ex-terrorist cause that's manly and when he visits African countries he'll rip them a new arsehole. Chuck Norris aka Martin McGuiness v's David Norris aka Bruno.

This is how Irish Pride looks at the election
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

If norris has to answer about his past so should mc Guinness.

Hypocrisy for anyone not to want noriss to run because of his past and yet support mc guiness and his past.

+1

As I said above though don't forget the usual Shinner bollixology ''whatever happend in the past should be left there.''
So you want to dwell on the past then? Funny how you said i was living in the 19th century last weekend when i was shouting for the yanks in the Rugby. You cant have it both ways. You either have to forget about the past or not. 

Confused 

Bit of a difference between a game of Rugby and somebody wanting to run for President. Oh you also said If I'm not mistaken having Norris as President would be an embarrasment yet you have no problem in voting for some like McGuinness.
It wasnt the actual game of rugby but the principles with regards to the flag and anthem etc.., behind the game. I think you knew that.

What i was questioning here was your hypocrisy when you said we shouldnt forget the past in this situation, while you were telling me last week to stop living in the past, not the morals of each candidate.

I thought having Norris as president would be embarrassing because hes a gay. Not because of stuff that happened in the past.

Well done you go on about moving on from the past in relation to McGuinness and you come out with a bigoted remark like that Clown
Im not saying whether we should move on from the past or dwell on it im just highlighting your own hypocrisy when you said we should not forget the past.

I just wouldnt be happy with a gay president. Im not afriad to say it.

Also can you have any discussion without the use of a Confused or a Clown.
Its a bit lazy.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:38pm

Hypocrisy for anyone not to want noriss to run because of his past and yet support mc guiness and his past.

+1

As I said above though don't forget the usual Shinner bollixology ''whatever happend in the past should be left there.''
So you want to dwell on the past then? Funny how you said i was living in the 19th century last weekend when i was shouting for the yanks in the Rugby. You cant have it both ways. You either have to forget about the past or not. 

Confused 

Bit of a difference between a game of Rugby and somebody wanting to run for President. Oh you also said If I'm not mistaken having Norris as President would be an embarrasment yet you have no problem in voting for some like McGuinness.
It wasnt the actual game of rugby but the principles with regards to the flag and anthem etc.., behind the game. I think you knew that.

What i was questioning here was your hypocrisy when you said we shouldnt forget the past in this situation, while you were telling me last week to stop living in the past, not the morals of each candidate.

I thought having Norris as president would be embarrassing because hes a gay. Not because of stuff that happened in the past.

Well done you go on about moving on from the past in relation to McGuinness and you come out with a bigoted remark like that Clown
Im not saying whether we should move on from the past or dwell on it im just highlighting your own hypocrisy when you said we should not forget the past.

Its a bit lazy.

But yet you'd be happy to have an ex-terrorist. Which he has been referred to already today by Reuters. Jesus wept
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

How would people like that every time our president goes around the world he is describes as ex terrorist on fox news or sky news or BBC or French or german tv.

Of course ex-terrorist cause that's manly and when he visits African countries he'll rip them a new arsehole. Chuck Norris aka Martin McGuiness v's David Norris aka Bruno.

This is how Irish Pride looks at the election
Have you been inside my head lately? How can you just come out with statements claiming to know how any other person thinks? Jaysus.

McGuiness has done a lot of good with the good friday agreement and as education minister up north so i think hed be well able to be president. Also the other candidates arent exactly inspiring.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:44pm

+1

Confused 

Its a bit lazy.

But yet you'd be happy to have an ex-terrorist. Which he has been referred to already today by Reuters. Jesus wept
Who has reformed and done a lot of good towards peace in the North. David Norris isnt going to stop riding fellas any time soon.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:46pm

+1

Confused 

Its a bit lazy.

Who has reformed and done a lot of good towards peace in the North. David Norris isnt going to stop riding fellas any time soon.

You really are a fcuking tool

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:49pm

+1

Confused 

Its a bit lazy.

You really are a fcuking tool
Nice
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:12pm
I love your honesty Irish Pride.

I too dont want Norris for President, because he is gay. I have nothing against them but I dont want him as president. That may be sad but its how I genuinely feel. Also his accent recks my head. Is he a true representation of us ???

And as ridiculous as it sounds it would be kind of embarassing having a Gay president. 

Irish people are so afraid to sound homophobic that they have gone the other way to accomodate gays.  If this was a case of a hetrosexual , people would have no problem in denouncing Norris for his letters and statements. But too many people are afraid to sound homophobic'.

Ill give you an example of this. I worked in an office with a quite openly Gay man. No probs. His phone calls however were so annoying. Hed be on the phone saying sh*t aloud like ' Love you so so sooo much ' really f**king loud to his boyfriend for all to hear. This annoyed the hell out of me. NOT because he was gay, but because if any of the rest of the lads did this theyd be known as a f**king attention seeker, but its ok for the Gay lad.
Also, Case 2 : The company were out for dinner at a Thai restaurant. The Gay lad orders some sh*t he never had before, tastes it, spits it out and loudly claims to the Asian waitress ' This is the most disgusting sh*t Ive ever had' ...... Not that she f**king made it, but she got the abuse. 

Now, never mind the gay lad. Theres w**kers everywhere but it was everyones reaction to this behaviour that pissed me off. Even though he was an arrogant, rude loud prick, he was always loved (by women especially) because he was gay. The gayness covers up for being a prick. Also none else of the other fellas would say that hes a prick incase they sounded homophobic.

Into the nightclub later and one of the lads slaps a bird on the arse, and the whole place acts like hes the greatest prick on earth. Had the Gay lad done it it would have been funny.

Irish people are so afraid of sounding homophobic. Good Night.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

I Irish people are so afraid to sound homophobic that they have gone the other way to accomodate gays.  If this was a case of a hetrosexual , people would have no problem in denouncing Norris for his letters and statements. But too many people are afraid to sound homophobic'.

Why has there been no condemnation then of Gay Mitchell who looked for clemency of a double murderer.

The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:29pm

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

There was a time Nelson Mandela was described in similar terms.....

Bit of difference between Mandela and McGuinness

explain...
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:34pm
i hate this denouncing of mcguiness because he was in the ira. if you were a 20 year old, working class man, living in belfast, you nearly had no choice but to join the ira. say whatever you want, but if it wasn't for the ira, it would still be a protestant government for a protestant people. i know there were those like john hume and the rest of the sdlp who wanted to achieve civil rights through reasoning and a peaceful means, but there is no denying that a paramilitary organisation did force the hand of the british government to change the proceedings in stormont and stamp out gerrymandering.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:53pm
If you ever want relations to thaw between Ulster Unionists and the south, then he can't become president. Obviously there's no convincing hardline loyalists, but there's Ulster Unionists with a small u out there.

Edited by Godot - 16 Sep 2011 at 8:56pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 2:09am

the ironic thing is its not his past, just very bad judgement. mcguinness will win in my opionion Confused

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 2:16am

+1

Confused 

and the award goes to....
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 2:17am

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

There was a time Nelson Mandela was described in similar terms.....

Bit of difference between Mandela and McGuinness
mandela has been rehabiltatedShocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic