Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 36>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 4:49pm
Jesus Christ.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 4:52pm
Dont see a dilemma for the manager at all. It's Bazanu's shirt unless he drops out of the XI at Portsmouth or is injured. He has solid international experience now and is way ahead of the other two for that reason.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Jesus Christ.
LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dont see a dilemma for the manager at all. It's Bazanu's shirt unless he drops out of the XI at Portsmouth or is injured. He has solid international experience now and is way ahead of the other two for that reason.

The way i see it too. Bazunu looks like he going all the way to the top. Why would we drop him.
I love beer gardens
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 6:04pm
I agree with most that currently Bazunu is the main man but if you were to ask me to predict who would be our number 1 in 2 years or 3 years I wouldn't have a clue. All three have massive potential but all three are in completely different situations in terms of their club careers.

Haven't seen Bournemouth this season but Travers has a slight leg up from a long term view in that he is doing well at his own club, he could be playing regularly in the premiership next season if they go up. Bazunu is obviously building a solid reputation but where will he be in 12 months? Championship loan? Premiership loan? Maybe he ends up in a similar situation to Kelleher and he is back up in one of the biggest teams in Europe. 

Fingers crossed all three live up to their potential and we end up with three keepers playing at the top level-would really be a great dilemma to have trying to pick who is the best then!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:21am
Travers seems like he'll be the one most effected by confidence issues over the course of his career. Bazunu and Kelleher seem to have an almost borderline arrogance in that even if they make a mistake, they're able to move on from it very quickly and it won't impact on their performance. Travers seems to be the opposite.

It's early days obviously for all three.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 1:05pm
I could actually see Bazunu plaing for Man City in the PL right now he looks that good. I don't think he would be out of place either.
I love beer gardens
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I could actually see Bazunu plaing for Man City in the PL right now he looks that good. I don't think he would be out of place either.

There’s more chance stevie wonder will play in goal for city in the PL than Bazunu right now.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

There’s more chance stevie wonder will play in goal for city in the PL than Bazunu right now.

Not sure that’s true! Don’t think Stevie has signed for City yet.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 2:12pm
https://twitter.com/PaulDollery/status/1442514625552072712

Will be interesting to see who gets a start against Qatar if Kenny feels like starting one of the back up keepers, or just gives them a half each instead.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

https://twitter.com/PaulDollery/status/1442514625552072712

Will be interesting to see who gets a start against Qatar if Kenny feels like starting one of the back up keepers, or just gives them a half each instead.

That save is a worldie. Travers has some first class reactions. He's now growing in confidence with every game and looks to have a handle on any mistakes.

May very well be a first team premier league goalie next season. Should be a selection headache in the near future.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:46pm
Travers now has the Bournemouth record for most consecutive away clean sheets (6)

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:51pm
Have Boots Will Travers.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Travers now has the Bournemouth record for most consecutive away clean sheets (6)

According to Soccerbase, he has 5.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 Oct 2021 at 12:13am
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:17am
I count 5 too. They've only played 6 away games and he missed their 0-0 draw away to Hull due to illness
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:12am
Regardless how many games it is, all the credit in the world to Travers for the start to the season he's had. I wonder has he been working with a sports psychologicalist behind the scenes. It's some turnaround for him from Belgrade.wouod be fantastic of he can stay in the team for the season now
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:42am
Just saw the first half of this but he could have just sat down and had a cup of tea for most of it, other than hoof a few long kicks down the field he had little else to do. Came for one cross later in the half and made a complete mess of it but got away with it. Great to see him getting games but Bournemouth are so dominant in possession against a lot of teams in this league that he is getting a bit of a free ride at times. Still very much third choice as things stand.

Edited by You Tell Me - 20 Oct 2021 at 9:42am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 5:20pm
Another clean sheet today. Arguably the in form keeper of the 3, playing at the highest level consistently. Some turn around for the lad and great to see. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 36>
  Share Topic