You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 36>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:04pm
Just conceded against QPR.

Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Took a slight deflection to be fair.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:25pm

Ah come on. You draw attention to a keeper conceding a goal as if it's a big deal and then you try to say that maybe he could've done better there? Did you see the deflection?

How dare he let a goal in. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:41pm
travers motm by a country mile some saves .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm
He was excellent tonight
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Ah come on. You draw attention to a keeper conceding a goal as if it's a big deal and then you try to say that maybe he could've done better there? Did you see the deflection?

How dare he let a goal in. 

How dare he get beaten at his near post, show slow reactions and let in a shot that was straight at him more like.

If Nyland let that in, you'd be calling for his head.

LOL
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:49pm
Laughable to single him out for his one error, which wasn't really an error given the deflection. Even if it wasn't a deflection 9 times out of 10 those kind of shots are made across the goal rather than near post. Keepers have to go on instinct and anticipation, its a split second decision and he'd set himself up for a shot across goal. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:51pm
some cracking saves towards the end alright but he was in trouble with a cross that he completely misjudged. Luckily came off a defender and he could scoop it up. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:28pm
Good to see him getting a run of games anyway and holding off an experienced Norwegian international keeper (for now at least) at 22. Very much the third ranked of our three young keepers at the moment, but at the same time he's the one playing regularly at the highest level with Bazunu in League 1 and Kelleher rarely playing.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Sep 2021 at 11:30pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:50pm
We could play all 3 keepers with Travers and Kelleher as strikers as they know how to find the net

Edited by Trap junior - 14 Sep 2021 at 11:53pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:20am
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:51am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He certainly came a long way in a short space of time against Serbia that’s for sure. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:43am
Great to hear that he's progressed like that. I'm no keeping expert but I would have thought the silly decisions against Serbia were just that- silly decisions- and not indicative of poor technical ability. Maybe the games are helping him improve his decision making and skill execution in matches. 

Like, I don't think the Serbia game showed him up as a bad keeper. Just an inexperienced keeper with a lot to learn that had a bad game. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Great to hear that he's progressed like that. I'm no keeping expert but I would have thought the silly decisions against Serbia were just that- silly decisions- and not indicative of poor technical ability. Maybe the games are helping him improve his decision making and skill execution in matches. 

Like, I don't think the Serbia game showed him up as a bad keeper. Just an inexperienced keeper with a lot to learn that had a bad game. 
I'd agree with this  and tbf to the lad, he is in the process of establishing himself as first choice keeper at a Championship club who are likely to be in the mix for promotion this season. If he can nail down that spot, there's every chance he could be a starting PL keeper this time next year, at a time when perhaps Bazunu could be recalled and on the bench for City with Kelleher on the bench for Liverpool. That would make for an interesting selection conundrum for the manager. A nice problem to have though!
Idah Dream!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 3:03pm
Another clean sheet yesterday. Fair play to him and hopefully he can keep this up. Going to be some dilemma for the manager if he stays in the team and is playing week in and out at championship level.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Another clean sheet yesterday. Fair play to him and hopefully he can keep this up. Going to be some dilemma for the manager if he stays in the team and is playing week in and out at championship level.

I don't think so. I think Bazunu is going to Shay Given it and will be barely out of team for the next decade or so. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 4:42pm
Have to say out of all the Irish players this year, I wasn't expecting much from Travers and thought he looked poor in a pre-season match for Bournemouth but fair play to the lad. 

Great to see him getting his confidence back and keeping his place for Bournemouth. Clap

We really  are going to be well served for the next 15 years in that position. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 4:45pm
Just for fun but at the moment I'd have the goalie hierarchy being 

1. Bazunu
2. Travers
3. Kelleher

Mod edot: I finished typing the names for you seeing as you seemed to have some difficulty in doing so yourself.

Edited by Sham157 - 19 Sep 2021 at 5:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 36>
  Share Topic