You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 36>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:43pm
 I still remember when Shay Given came on the scene in his baggy Jersey. He looked about 12, but  you just knew he was class. 

Unfortunately I haven't had that feeling about any Irish goalkeeper since. The wait continues.. Cry
Sponsored Links

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yes Ramsdale made several brilliant saves at home to Brigton last week in the 3-1 win

Is Begovic still at the club?

Was on loan at Qarabag, cut it short so he could.join AC Milan on loan to replace Reina
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 4:52pm
Arthur Boruc is after leaving Bournemouth 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:00pm
I think more importantly is the future of Aaron Ramsdale. Highly thought of he is apparently of interest to Spurs and Sheffield United. The latter could be a good move, because, I could only imagine what Henderson would cost, and that's if Man U had any interest in selling, which I doubt they will. 

It would then be down to Begovic's intentions, but I wouldn't be surprise if Ramsdale moves, than Travers will get his shot next season.
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Arthur Boruc is after leaving Bournemouth 

Legia Warsaw done a big announcement for him returning the past few days.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:16pm
Would be good to have a goalkeeper playing in the premier league or championship.

I guess with Randolph as a sub keeper we have no one regularly playing at either level... right? 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:03pm
Right, however Kieran O'Hara is likely to get a Championship club for next season, Travers is likely to get a chance at Bournemouth if Ramsdale leaves and Westwood is likely to leave Sheffield Wednesday for another club in that league. Kelleher may get a loan move from Liverpool. In the Premiership, Randolph appears content with the financial reward for staying with West Ham as a bench warmer, for the time being anyway.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Would be good to have a goalkeeper playing in the premier league or championship.

I guess with Randolph as a sub keeper we have no one regularly playing at either level... right? 

I don’t even rate Ramsdale but there’s always 1/2 PL clubs looking for keepers and as he’s a young English keeper with PL experience he will get snapped up. Travers was just unlucky with timing (and nationality Ramsdale is English) that he didn’t get the office at Ramsdales expense last year so I’d strongly suspect hel get the nod if Ramsdale goes. If not a loan move to a League 1 club at least (he’d play for most of them) would be okay for a young keeper like him. O’Hara will hopefully be in the Championship next year or in a decent league out foreign was a stand out for Burton and looks way ahead that level already and Kelleher the same as Travers at least in League 1 (although he’s another that is tailor made for a Dutch/Belgian or other decent foreign League. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Right, however Kieran O'Hara is likely to get a Championship club for next season, Travers is likely to get a chance at Bournemouth if Ramsdale leaves and Westwood is likely to leave Sheffield Wednesday for another club in that league. Kelleher may get a loan move from Liverpool. In the Premiership, Randolph appears content with the financial reward for staying with West Ham as a bench warmer, for the time being anyway.

Not sure if I'd go as far as to say O'Hara moving to a Championship club is 'likely'; welcome though it may be, assuming that he was playing regularly at that level.

He played in League One last season for Burton, the season before played in League Two for Macclesfield and has been linked most strongly this summer with moves to Swindon and Lincoln.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 03 Aug 2020 at 8:44pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:48pm
He has also been linked with Blackburn and Birmingham, both of whom need new keepers.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Not sure if I'd go as far as to say O'Hara moving to a Championship club is 'likely'; welcome though it may be, assuming that he was playing regularly at that level.

He played in League One last season for Burton, the season before played in League Two for Macclesfield and has been linked most strongly this summer with moves to Swindon and Lincoln.
It’s well documented Blackburn are potentially sourcing the market for new keepers and O’Hara has been linked. On average there’s always 2/3 clubs in every division if not more who buy new keepers. O’Hara may well have to make do with League 1 but I’d be surprised if he wasn’t high on the radar of the few Championship sourcing a new keeper. Tbh you’d think they’d be looking for a better foreign move than League 1 if he can’t get a Championship move. As a keeper who was on the books of Man Utd with an international cap that alone would attract interest.  
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:30pm
I'd love to see O'Hara playing regular first-team football at Championship level next season. I just don't think it's a given.

How many goalkeepers will we have guaranteed to be playing at any kind of reasonable level next season? Talbot the postman at Bohs? After that, who is there? His black and white cat?

I's a genuine concern.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I'd love to see O'Hara playing regular first-team football at Championship level next season. I just don't think it's a given.

How many goalkeepers will we have guaranteed to be playing at any kind of reasonable level next season? Talbot the postman at Bohs? After that, who is there? His black and white cat?

I's a genuine concern.
Your right and you may see an exhibit A example as to why our players hamstring themselves not going outside of England and into Europe for football. O’Hara (on the books of United with experience and 2 international caps) and Kelleher (played multiple cup games for Liverpool last year) would attract interest from plenty lets say Dutch Swiss Danish and Belgian clubs off their CVs alone if they looked in those directions all competitive Leagues. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:03pm

[/QUOTE]
Your right and you may see an exhibit A example as to why our players hamstring themselves not going outside of England and into Europe for football. O’Hara (on the books of United with experience and 2 international caps) and Kelleher (played multiple cup games for Liverpool last year) would attract interest from plenty lets say Dutch Swiss Danish and Belgian clubs off their CVs alone if they looked in those directions all competitive Leagues. 
[/QUOTE]

Maybe because they're young, no life experience, most of them probably don't know where Belgium is or what languages they speak there. So it's probably not even in their heads that playing in a fordrin country is an option. Most footballers don't tend to be the brightest either, like Ian Rush said, living in Italy was like being in a foreign country!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 7:05pm
Looking like Travers won't be getting much gametime next season. Bournemouth have had a  bid of £12m for Sheff Utd Keeper Aaron Ramsdale rejected but you'd imagine they'll make another bid or look elsehwhere
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 7:15pm
Other way about, surely? Which would benefit Travers.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 7:25pm

If they're looking at Ramsdale it means they're wanting a keeper in and not using Travers
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

If they're looking at Ramsdale it means they're wanting a keeper in and not using Travers

you got it wrong, Ramsdale is Bournemouth's current keeper, sheff utd want him to fill the void of henderson when he goes back to man utd 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 36>
  Share Topic