You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Begovic is 32. Is he really past it?

His form over the past 18 months or so would suggest he is, however fair point he could still turn it around yet. Still the fact of the matter is that Travers is in competition with three lads who are hardly pulling up trees and so has a great chance of getting into the side this season. As stated above Ramsdale may well start the season in nets but hopefully he'll be breathing down his neck.
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Despite being linked with Jack Butland all summer Bournemouth have just confirmed their transfer business is done for the summer - therefore won't be adding another keeper.

That's great news for Travers as he's now in a battle for the number one jersey with two essentially past it keepers in the form of Begovic and Boruc and a fellow novice up-and-comer in Aaron Ramsdale. Could be a huge season for him.

Think Ramsdale will start myself, seemed to okay more with the first choice starting team than Travers, hope I'm wrong 

Was sat behind is goal last Saturday so had a close up look: On the basis of what I saw, he won't be starting!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:29pm
Had a quick glance at the Bournemouth fans forum - in their 'expected team vs Sheff United' thread they almost universally all have Boruc down to start. One person opined that it was essentially by 'default' as the other three keepers had looked shaky in pre-season.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Despite being linked with Jack Butland all summer Bournemouth have just confirmed their transfer business is done for the summer - therefore won't be adding another keeper.

That's great news for Travers as he's now in a battle for the number one jersey with two essentially past it keepers in the form of Begovic and Boruc and a fellow novice up-and-comer in Aaron Ramsdale. Could be a huge season for him.

Think Ramsdale will start myself, seemed to okay more with the first choice starting team than Travers, hope I'm wrong 

Was sat behind is goal last Saturday so had a close up look: On the basis of what I saw, he won't be starting!

Good to hear! Travers didn't exactly cover himself in glory last game of last season, could be any of the four really 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
Certainly can't see Ramsdale starting ahead of Travers this season, he's fairly rudimentary from what I've seen of him.
We're decent enough..
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:50pm
Wouldn't be at all surprised if he starts this weekend. Begovic is 4th choice if anything. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 09 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 2:04pm
Ramsdale starts, Boruc on bench. No sign of Travers. Expect him go out on loan now
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
Who’s Ramsdale
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 2:06pm
21 year old keeper who was on loan at afc Wimbledon  second half of last season
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

21 year old keeper who was on loan at afc Wimbledon  second half of last season

Also has an England U21 cap
The only way is up
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 3:38pm
Disappointing. Championship loan window is closed so would need to be League 1, Scotland or Europe. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 4:29pm
There's a lot of knee jerk reactions going on here lately, both overly optimistic and pessimistic. A guy plays a game, he's the next big thing; a guy misses out on a squad, he needs a move straight away etc etc. Some balance would do no harm.
We're decent enough..
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:07pm
Anybody know why Travers isn't even on the bench so far this season? There was so much buzz and positivity at the end of last season around him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:14pm
He made a few mistakes in pre season and fell down the pecking order for now. Is currently either the third choice or fourth choice keeper so not even on the bench. Although there's probably not much between the four senior keepers at the club. Needs a loan move before the window closes. 
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:43pm
Saves all THREE penalties in the penalty shootout for Bournemouth just now. Apparently did brilliantly.

Edited by BippityBoop - 28 Aug 2019 at 9:47pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:48pm
Clean sheet and saved every penalty he faced. Certainly took his chance tonight!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:51pm

Clean sheet and saved every penalty he faced. Certainly took his chance tonight!

That'll do the confidence a much needed boost for the lad 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
Excellent stuff Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
  Share Topic