You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 36>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Vindicated in his team selection, clean sheet.

Travers will have to show a bit of character now because itll be a while before he gets another chance. When it comes he will have to take it.

I say this as a Wolves fan that Travers would of had to throw the ball in his own net for them not to get a clean sheet even if he started, so I don't think starting a new GK made much difference really. Confused
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Handy start for Neto, at home to a Wolves team who look like they haven't a goal in them right now unless it's a strike from about 30 yards. Though he did need one of his defenders to clear one off the line for him. Travers will have to wait a while to play again I think.

If the shoe was on the other foot people would be saying how fantastic Travers wasLOL he's conceded an avalanche of goals recently, can't really have any complaints. Most he wasn't directly at fault for but he exuded very little confidence and didn't look like he was marshalling his defense very well. If the other lad had let in 9 and Travers was on the bench there would be murder on here if he wasn't dropped for Travers
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Handy start for Neto, at home to a Wolves team who look like they haven't a goal in them right now unless it's a strike from about 30 yards. Though he did need one of his defenders to clear one off the line for him. Travers will have to wait a while to play again I think.

If the shoe was on the other foot people would be saying how fantastic Travers wasLOL he's conceded an avalanche of goals recently, can't really have any complaints. Most he wasn't directly at fault for but he exuded very little confidence and didn't look like he was marshalling his defense very well. If the other lad had let in 9 and Travers was on the bench there would be murder on here if he wasn't dropped for Travers

Stop talking sense.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 2:24am
didnt watch the game but from the player ratings i read neto looked a bit shaky. justice for travers
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:36am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

didnt watch the game but from the player ratings i read neto looked a bit shaky. justice for travers

Bound to be rusty, but unfortunately kept a clean sheet despite that. Travers may have to bide his time. Last night wasnt a great one for our heroes - Kilkenny failed to even make the bench for his new manager, Obafemi benched, no goal for him/Parrott/Ogbene, Coventry and young Matt stayed rooted to the bench.

On the plus side, Smallbone came off the bench for Stoke and was involved in their equaliser, Tierney and Mc Grath got 90 minutes each in Scotland, Mc Carthy got 15 mins otb for Celtic, while Robbie Brady got another 90 under his belt.
Idah Dream!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:22pm
Dropped. Will do his confidence world of good ...
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:44pm
Yeah bit rough for him to be scapegoated and not their useless defence, would of been a good game for him to get his confidence back up against Wolves a team allergic to scoring goals. I reckon they were looking for an excuse to drop him for their shiny new toy from Barca.
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 3:49pm
hope they get hammered again now today
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 7:58pm
Just watched the highlights, thought Neto should have done better for the first goal, he did get close to the penalty.

Made a right hash of a high cross that could have led to a goal.

Didn't look that great bit then I'm biased towards Travers 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

I very rarely see Travers play but when I do there's something about the way he dives which gives the impression he's diving in slow motion. Am I talking through my hoop or anyone else now what I mean?

To be fair to him though, that's one of the worst defences I've ever seen. Horrible to play behind that

Ah sure that's the benefits of playing every week. It would be a travesty if he was anything above 3rd in the pecking order for us. The pair of them have already conceded 25 goals between them in just 10 games of playing in the EPL. 

Welcome to elite level football lads. Where results count more than anywhere else. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 6:55pm
So what’s your solution, Planning?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

I very rarely see Travers play but when I do there's something about the way he dives which gives the impression he's diving in slow motion. Am I talking through my hoop or anyone else now what I mean?

To be fair to him though, that's one of the worst defences I've ever seen. Horrible to play behind that

Ah sure that's the benefits of playing every week. It would be a travesty if he was anything above 3rd in the pecking order for us. The pair of them have already conceded 25 goals between them in just 10 games of playing in the EPL. 

Welcome to elite level football lads. Where results count more than anywhere else. 

fckn hell.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 9:00pm
Planning is pissing and moaning like a child because the player who's warming his beloved Liverpool's bench is not Ireland's undisputed No 1 GK. 

He was probably seething while the rest of us were hitting the ceilings in celebration when Bazunu saved the Ronaldo's penalty LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 07 Sep 2022 at 9:01pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 9:12pm
Alisson after shipping 4 tonight, obviously not capable at this level, Kelleher is clearly Liverpool's number 1 at the moment. LOL
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm
He's a troll who gets his jollys from.living rent free in your heads. You guys worse for entertaining his obvious nonsense. Just ignore him. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 10:09pm
Quote He was probably seething while the rest of us were hitting the ceilings in celebration when Bazunu saved the Ronaldo's  penalty

He should have been held responsible for conceding it in the first place, because of his well known distribution issues. Made no difference, as we still lost anyway. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by planningLFC planningLFC wrote:

Quote He was probably seething while the rest of us were hitting the ceilings in celebration when Bazunu saved the Ronaldo's  penalty

He should have been held responsible for conceding it in the first place, because of his well known distribution issues. Made no difference, as we still lost anyway. 

Embarrassed

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:40pm
Mark Travers looks like he might be coming on for Bournemouth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 36>
  Share Topic