You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 36>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:15am
'As expected'? Where are you hearing this? Because he made an error on the opening day of the season? Would seem fairly harsh if he was named the number one only to be dropped after one mistake. We'll see in their next league game but I'd expect him to be back between the posts for them.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Dropped to the bench behind Begovic today... 

Bournemouth go through so he might get game time in this competition if, as expected, they make Begovic first choice.

Why would that be expected? Yes he made a mistake the weekend but they won the game a tough game against a Blackburn side that even at this early stage would have been seen as a Promotion/play off 6 pointer. 

Don’t get me wrong I was thinking myself Begovic would be given the nod for the League also but the fact Travers played the first League game and they won it it would be borderline nonsensical if he wasn’t given the nod for the coming League games as a consequence until he does something that suggests otherwise/continues to make mistakes. That’s nothing to do with him being Irish generally the keeper given the nod until he costs you gives you a genuine reason to drop him you shouldn’t chop and change keepers.

I would be very surprised if he wasn’t playing the next League game and so on but if wrong I’ll hold my hands up 😂

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Sep 2020 at 11:29am
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:33am
Begovic was unavailable for the Blackburn match due to injury.

It's not at all inevitable Travers will start Bournemouth's next league game.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 16 Sep 2020 at 11:35am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:38am
[QUOTE=NewtNewbie]Begovic was unavailable for the Blackburn match due to injury.

[/QUOTE

Was Begovic actually injured? That changes things yeah I presumed Travers was given the nod? 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

[QUOTE=NewtNewbie]Begovic was unavailable for the Blackburn match due to injury.

[/QUOTE

Was Begovic actually injured? That changes things yeah I presumed Travers was given the nod? 

Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
Dropped as expected for the game vs Boro today 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

Dropped as expected for the game vs Boro today 
He will find it hard to recover from all this. He’s had his chances and has been poor unfortunately. He’s obviously been lacking any kind of confidence 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:57pm
Begovic was poor today according to the Bournemouth fans twitter comments
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
Watched the game tonight, Travers had a good first half and made two good saves. One stop in 2nd half that you would expect him to make.it hard to know but maybe he could of done better with the city winner. Kilkenny on with about 20 minutes to go and didnt see much of the ball.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 7:25pm
Travers injured in the warm-up this afternoon.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 6:57pm
He gone to Swindon on loan till end of the season
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He gone to Swindon on loan till end of the season

Great stuff. He really needs the experience
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
Great move for him. Travers and Bazunu playing at a relatively decent level for their ages.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:00pm
This is very positive, he really just needs some minutes on the pitch. Hes a very highly rated keeper.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:05pm
Vital he is playing. We have been a bit stuck for playing keepers, and this will hopefully have him in between the sticks for the rest of the season.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:52pm
Bournemouth's new #2 conceded a penalty in their FA Cup match today.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:51pm
Travers already shipping in the goals at Swindon. Not seen the goals so not sure what he could have done about them.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:56pm
Well, it’s only 2-0
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 36>
  Share Topic