Mark Noble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:55am
Was at Upton Park on Sat and I thought himself and Parker were the only 2 good players in the West Ham Lineup.  I was impressed with him. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:06am
Good player. I was very impressed when he broke into the West Ham side a few years back. He's kept his place ever since.
ScruffyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:26am
God i hope this is true! Approve
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:30am

Lads would he fit into "Trap's system"?

The Drifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:33am

paul green's too good to be just shipped out
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:52am

Yeah having seen him on Sat I think he would.  He is not amazing but he is an improvement on Green no doubt about that. 

He likes a tackle but has good distrubtion.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:01am

Yeah having seen him on Sat I think he would.  He is not amazing but he is an improvement on Green no doubt about that. 

He likes a tackle but has good distrubtion.

Wont suit traps system so!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:05am
Forget about the system. If he's good enough he should be in the squad - simple as.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:21am
Lads regarding Traps system. Dont forget that Stephen Reid playled under trap and distrubuted the ball very well.

I think Giles is right on this when he says that Trap is not anti a player who can pass the ball, its just that the emphasis is on tracking back and getting tackles in but if you can do both well then all the better. 

I do not think that having an ablity to pass is a negative to Trap, but if you are like like Gibson who can pass it but cant tackle you wont be picked in the centre too much.
SteviesGranny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 1:25pm
Not sure about this story to be honest. Noble is as Essex as they come. Any time he does an interview for Sky Sports etc its always in his local Pie n Mash shop in Dagenham!!!

Couldn't see him ever declaring for us. I'd say he feels about as Irish as a Long Island ice tea.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:02pm
I hate that expression "declared for Ireland"...........Thumbs%20Down
dublin-hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dublin-hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:03pm
would love to see Noble in a green jersey but realy cant see it happening. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

What's wrong with ya Prop? Annoyed that someone got in there before ya with the breaking news!?

Is llll Prop? Please god no.

Sure is Trapped.
WindBag View Drop Down
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 4:49am
Can't see it happening, I remember the pics of him crying during a Euro championship game for England after they got knocked out !

He's good enough but IMO wouldn't take him.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 4:57am

Yeah, hate that myself. Some of the comments on here bout how people would 'love' if 'X' player declared for Ireland is a bit cringe, even though they showed no interest before or dont appear to be anyway Irish. Devalues the shirt IMO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Yeah, hate that myself. Some of the comments on here bout how people would 'love' if 'X' player declared for Ireland is a bit cringe, even though they showed no interest before or dont appear to be anyway Irish. Devalues the shirt IMO.

While ye have a point, I think people seem to forget easily enough on how ‘irish’ some of our great players from the past were – like listening to townsend go on at English matches is a laod of bo!!ox, ‘we’ this and ‘we’ that! Don’t think anyone really cared when he ‘declared’ for us though (along with a lot of other past greats, im sure they’d have jumped at the chance to play with England if they were good enough or given the chance)

Anyway, Noble has some cousins living in Drogheda – think one of them was in that young Irish girls team that did well a couple of months ago

Aldos Tash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aldos Tash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:36am
Normally dont have an issue with boys coming on board as long as they want to play for us and its not just a way of getting a few international caps but this one doesnt feel right.

Just my guess but would say he couldnt give a monkeys about us and if it comes down to it I would rather see 11 Paul McShanes (ie a lad who may be lacking in certain departments but you know he wants to play for his country) as to some fella jumping on for a international cap.

Is fearr Gaelige bhriste na Bearla cliste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Aldos Tash Aldos Tash wrote:

Normally dont have an issue with boys coming on board as long as they want to play for us and its not just a way of getting a few international caps but this one doesnt feel right.

Just my guess but would say he couldnt give a monkeys about us and if it comes down to it I would rather see 11 Paul McShanes (ie a lad who may be lacking in certain departments but you know he wants to play for his country) as to some fella jumping on for a international cap.

That’s the point im making – whether people want to admit it, a lot of our great players in the past only played for us when they realized they weren’t good enough for england – were we complaining during euro 88, Italia 90 or USA 94, or even more recently? – if they were good enough to play for England, they’d have jumped at the chance - just like noble and ohara)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>