You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Kennedy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Kennedy
    Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 8:58am
The 34 year old Cardiff City player is having a medical at Ipswich Town this weekend after a £75,000 bid was accepted.
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 10:31am
think roy tried to buy him last year
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 12:42pm
Roystons recruitment policy: It doesn't change, does it ?LOL.
Irish fellas, Man U reserves (or lads that didn't make the grade) and a few lads he used to play with (although time is running out on these fellas, most of them will be retiring shortly enough)

In a few weeks time, he will be on SSN, saying after a defeat that he has learnt a lot (or even alot, Hello Neil) about the teams character after the defeat, and there are certain players who won't play for the club again.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 5:57pm
The arse fell out of him a long time ago . . .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Irish fellas, Man U reserves (or lads that didn't make the grade) and a few lads he used to play with (although time is running out on these fellas, most of them will be retiring shortly enough)

In a few weeks time, he will be on SSN, saying after a defeat that he has learnt a lot (or even alot, Hello Neil) about the teams character after the defeat, and there are certain players who won't play for the club again.

exactly. Well said.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sporticus View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 8:20pm
Nicky butt is at a loose end....
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 8:21pm

You were right the first time
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 9:50pm
I hope Kennedy scores a belter ala against Yugoslavia and Ipswich get promoted as a result in the coming season.

Roy ClapClapClap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 9:55pm
keano has lost the plot...again
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 12:03am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

You were right the first time

Yes. I know. See 'Weird things that annoy you' thread in Whatever section and read post from Neil McDThumbs%20Up

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 2:14am
Had a solid season with Cardiff last year and ya cant go wrong for 75,000.
Out of order
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 4:02am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

think roy tried to buy him last year

Did he tell you this himself Count??

Strange buy from Roy, but he is a very strange lad after all.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Sporticus Sporticus wrote:

Nicky butt is at a loose end....

So is he just arsing around then?LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:40am
1st choice left back for a team nearly promoted last season, 75k. Not a bad signing by Keane
Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:06am
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:12pm
He's just had another really good year so there's nothing strange about it at all. For that price, he's low risk and, if he plays as he has done the last 2 years, then he'll be a bargain. Good move all round.
Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 1:06pm
Mark Kennedy reminisces on his spell at Cardiff City; proves why he is the model pro

Mark Kennedy is settling into life as an Ipswich Town player today, with one thing virtually guaranteed – he will not be wondering each month whether his wages are going to be paid on time.

That’s a scenario that has been forced on Cardiff City players and staff all too regularly this year, as the club grapples with mounting financial pressure.

To have secured a two-year contract at Portman Road represents welcome security for a player in his mid-thirties, and is an example of how well thought of the Irishman is throughout the game.

But it’s not as if Kennedy was stressed out by Cardiff’s money worries.

//<\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]> < =text/ ="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/icwales2.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;sect=cardiff%2Dfootball;templ=page;cat=homepage;reg=Wales;st=r2;oid=26952209;sz=300x250;gs_cat=tv_and_showbiz;zone=cardiffonline;zone1=cardiff%2Dfootball;tile=4;ord=5223329314359268000?">

No, he felt more for the likes of the Bluebirds administrative staff, all of whom earn miniscule wages compared to the players.

“The players are in a very privileged position, they get paid well for what they do and should be able to sustain any setback like late wages for a few days,” said Kennedy.

“But the ones I feel sorry for are the office workers who have standing orders and mortgages to pay on dates that are close to when their wages are supposed to go in.

“They are the ones who are affected the most, they are the ones who could not go too much longer without money going into their accounts.

“That is more worrying than players not getting paid for a couple of days.

“The club has moved forward whether people like it or not, but it’s the people in the background who are the ones you don’t think about when this type of thing happens.

“As a professional player, if you have looked after your money you should not be in a situation where the bank manager is ringing you saying your wages have not gone through.

“We should all be in a position to wait a few days, but so many others are not.”

Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane finally got his man after expressing interest in the Republic of Ireland defender twice in the last six months.

After coming through a medical Kennedy penned his deal yesterday afternoon and his class, experience and reliability will be missed by an already thin Bluebirds squad.

But, while expressing his concern about Cardiff’s financial situation, Kennedy, who played 76 times for the club over the course of two campaigns, insisted that playing-wise, he will retain only fond memories of his time in South Wales.

“Yes, I will take only good memories with me,” he emphasised.

“In my first season we finished seventh and missed out on the play-offs by a single goal. And in my second year we made the play-off final.

“Some people might still think about what might have been after that game against Blackpool.

“But I can only look at it as history now and maybe everyone should do the same because there’s nothing to be done about it now.

“All we can do is concentrate on the future.

“It’s all been good for me at Cardiff. I had a great manager, played alongside great players and in front of great supporters.

“In fact, it was probably the two happiest years of my 19-year career.

“But I want to play at the highest level for as long as I possibly can.

“The two-year contract Ipswich have given me allows me the best chance to do that.

“I’ve kept to my pre-season programme during the summer and I’m feeling fit and fresh and ready to go.”

Ipswich themselves will be aiming to make a play-off assault themselves after a disappointing first season under the stewardship of Keane.

But Kennedy is adamant Cardiff can figure too, despite the pessimism of those who point to the lack of summer recruitment due to the well-documented transfer embargo.

Kennedy added: “When I was with Dave at Wolves we were 11 points clear at the top of the Championship with eight games remaining on the season and ended up third, that experience alone got us promoted the following season.

“At Cardiff we finish seventh and blow up, the following year we get to the play-off final, and that’s why the manager and the players will be better off for the experience.

“Jones has done brilliantly for the club, he’s brought in players worth in the region of £200,000, £300,000 and then a couple years later sold them for millions, and turned players into assets for the club.

“Yes, the players have had to have it in them, but the hard work sometimes is bringing it out of them. On their day, Cardiff are a match for anybody, and with roughly the same squad they will be up there again this season.”

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Had a solid season with Cardiff last year and ya cant go wrong for 75,000.

Good point and well made.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic