You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mancini

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mancini
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:01am
You would wonder how much control he has at city

After a bust up with tevez at the weekend he comes out saying he will change tactics

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6432114,00.html
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:02am
Second in the league, Something's working.
Out of order
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:05am
He's gonna have to sort something out. 3 defensive midfielders and 2 wingers that play like attacking full backs is not acceptable for a manager that has unlimited transfer funds.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:09am
Read this morning he wants to more strikers.....madness!

Still has Adebayor and Santa Cruz on the bench, sent Bellamy away on loan and he now wants Pato from Milan and another whose name escapes me.
Oh, and he's not happy with Villa in midfield (30M this summer) and wants a new attacking midfielder. Talk of Sneijder being on his wishlist.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:10am
Full control i reckon, has us 2nd in the league even though we have been far from convincing, long may it continue
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

He's gonna have to sort something out. 3 defensive midfielders and 2 wingers that play like attacking full backs is not acceptable for a manager that has unlimited transfer funds.

reminds me a bit like Mourinho - unlimited funds, had Duff almost playing as a full back in his chelsea days
same with Etoo at Inter who spent more time defending
it worked for Jose!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 9:08am
City will always be linked with everyone with ridiculous wages been touted, the Pique rumour a case in point... most of it's bollix the papers make up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 2:31am
why are you obsessed with city?

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:40am
Apologies bsm- remind me to ok it with you before i start another thread
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Apologies bsm- remind me to ok it with you before i start another thread
tevez,de jong,mancini the list goes on,it was just a question thats all
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 5:10am
Ha..BSM was just thinking the exact same thing and obsession... It's simple sh*tty Little City have a few billion to spend. Man United have -1Billion..in the long term City will be pissing all over Man United just like United have done to City for the last 20 odd years..so I'd be very worried if I suppported United
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 5:44am

Aside from Barlows obvious obsession issues, Mancini does make a good point. With Balotelli, Kolarov and Boateng all going to be fit in a few weeks, he'll soon have a full squad to pick from for the first time this season, and his own players to pick from for the first time.

Having Balotelli fit will take some of the pressure off Tevez, everyone knows (Mancini included) that Adebayor isnt good enough
The past few weeks it was either play Adebayor, Santa Cruz or Jo upfront with Tevez or play an extra midfielder - ie Milner, and i know who'd id rather hav in my team!

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 08 Oct 2010 at 5:45am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aside from Barlows obvious obsession issues, Mancini does make a good point. With Balotelli, Kolarov and Boateng all going to be fit in a few weeks, he'll soon have a full squad to pick from for the first time this season, and his own players to pick from for the first time.

Having Balotelli fit will take some of the pressure off Tevez, everyone knows (Mancini included) that Adebayor isnt good enough

The past few weeks it was either play Adebayor, Santa Cruz or Jo upfront with Tevez or play an extra midfielder - ie Milner, and i know who'd id rather hav in my team!

NEWSFLASH

Baggio post that doesnt contain any reference to united or Roy Keane

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 5:50am

NEWSFLASH

Baggio post that doesnt contain any reference to united or Roy Keane

LOL

here Barlow, Kolo Toure did an interview today - you forgot to start a thread on that!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 5:52am

NEWSFLASH Baggio post that doesnt contain any reference to united or Roy Keane

LOL

here Barlow, Kolo Toure did an interview today - you forgot to start a thread on that!!

The day is still young baggio

Ill go through the toure interview and see if there is anything i can abuse him about in it
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 2:18am

You would wonder how much control he has at city

After a bust up with tevez at the weekend he comes out saying he will change tactics

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6432114,00.html

Poor manager, too cautious.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:35am
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6501803,00.html

MANCINI HAPPY WITH CITY STANDING

Roberto Mancini has admitted he would be happy if the Premier League season ended right now.

His Manchester City side consolidated their place in fourth spot on Wednesday night thanks to their bore-draw derby with United at Eastlands.

City's performance has drawn criticism for its lack of attacking invention, with only Carlos Tevez threatening the visitors' goal on a single occasion.

Yet, rather than roll along with a generally downbeat mood, Mancini is buoyant, insisting the Blues would have met their expectations if the campaign reached its conclusion immediately.

"If the Premier League finished tomorrow, I am happy," said the Italian.

"Our target is to get to the Champions League.

"But the season is very long. It is important for us to stay near the top and we can change our target."

That is shocking! All that money to settle for 4th place in November Shocked

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:40am

a lot of the money was spent by Hughes all the same - 24m for Lescott, 18m for Santa Cruz - for example - both complete wastes of dough

4th would be progress and enable them to attract better players next summer, although i sense a bit of reverse psyshology from Mancini with this claim, if he finished 2nd or 3rd now everyone will be saying he's done well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic