You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17321733173417351736 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:53pm
Was always going to happen this, he is still together with his misses and she was adamant from the start she wouldn't press charges. United are now in a sticky situation as its clear from the audio what a scumbag he is, but they can't sack him.

They have two options

1. Pay out the remainder of his contract
2. Bring him back into the squad

I think it will be two with a lot of noise about he is learning about his mistakes, however I hope it is 1.

Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:14pm
I assume the gold digger of the girl and her family realsied the gravy train would be cut off
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:27pm
Was there not a story doing the round, could have been bullsh*t, that her dad didn't want her to press charges and wanted them to get back together?

Can't see him playing for MU or any top flight club again

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:41pm
Thomas Partey is a strange one as well. On bail for rape and still playing for Arsenal.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Thomas Partey is a strange one as well. On bail for rape and still playing for Arsenal.

I thought that case was closed due to jurisdiction and / or time certain laws were introduced.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I thought that case was closed due to jurisdiction and / or time certain laws were introduced.

No action on one due to time frame, bail extended to July on two other cases.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I presume he was suspended while all this was going on? What happens next?

United will start their own investigation now.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:55am
The United statement was oddly similar to the Ronaldo one post Piers Morgan. It was more a, we're getting all our legal ducks in a row and will bomb him out once all sorted.

He will never play for United again. That is an absolute cert. 

The majority of fans, don't want him near the club, bar the eclectic group on Twitter who jump to his defence at every opportunity and all just happen to come from countries where women's rights are non existent. Sleepy

Edited by ShamtheRam - 03 Feb 2023 at 9:57am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 11:18am
Hummmm have a feeling he will drop down the the Championship for a while . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 11:20am
What club is willing to commit that level of PR suicide? I don't think he'll play in England again, fans won't have it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Is that a sign him up plea to Burnley. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I'd say he's off abroad for a few years or maybe even forever. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

What club is willing to commit that level of PR suicide? I don't think he'll play in England again, fans won't have it

not sure, time heals a lot and people move on. 

Look at the love that Mike Tyson gets and he has a conviction and did time but was soon back making millions in the world's biggest fights and generally the rape stuff went into the background.

Greenwood and any club will to take him on can always point to the fact he was not convicted or even brought to trial and his girlfriend is still with him.
I'd say Utd will keep him but wouldn't be surprised if they sold him abroad (with a cheap buy-back clause!).

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

not sure, time heals a lot and people move on. 

Look at the love that Mike Tyson gets and he has a conviction and did time but was soon back making millions in the world's biggest fights and generally the rape stuff went into the background.

Greenwood and any club will to take him on can always point to the fact he was not convicted or even brought to trial and his girlfriend is still with him.
I'd say Utd will keep him but wouldn't be surprised if they sold him abroad (with a cheap buy-back clause!).
I take your point but hard to compare a boxer and a footballer. Greenwood will disrupt and destroy dressing rooms. Business is business but you could imagine there's a lot of footballers with daughters, sisters, etc who would refuse to play with him.  

Greenwood/a club can say whatever they like but Greenwood will never be a winner in the court of public opinion now (unless that court is in Lagos).
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:31pm
What appears certain is that he at the very least physically harmed his partner. The rest can be interpreted. Solely taking the physical abuse claims on board - if he wasn't a player of his ability, he would be gone - no doubt about it. I don't think a return to the premier league is right for him, the players, management or the fan base. Imagine the scene of him playing away to Leeds/Liverpool and how their fans will greet him etc. Say he scores a goal, is Rashford going to celebrate? I really admire Rashford but by embracing Greenwood, in the eyes of some tarnishes all his good work. I think there's a route back for Greenwood and I do believe in second chances but playing in England is not the first step. Regarding the point on Tyson, I think thankfully the world has become less tolerant to such abuse. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:07pm

Sure wasn’t Ched Evans actually convicted of rape? He will find a club in sure
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Not a hope would Ched Evans still be playing if his conviction hadn't been quashed, he was subsequently found not guilty in the retrial as well. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wrongfully convicted.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17321733173417351736 1770>
  Share Topic