Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16811682168316841685 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Total guess but I’d say Citys number 1 target for striker is Haaland
Fits their age profile better
Can’t see them forking out 100m+ for a 28 year old 

I’d like Kane to go to Man City as he would win a lot of trophies there. 

As city play so high up the field his lack of pace is not a problem and he’s a very intelligent football who isn’t greedy - very good assist record.
He would sort out City penalty issues and offers something different. 

He won’t be cheap but he is a proven goal scorer. It would be like buying Shearer at 28. 

Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:02am

Will that Torres striker not be pushed ahead next season? City have not bought a galactico player yet, it's usually expensive left and right backs 
It would damage this forums' reputation
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:21am
It will be interesting to see where he ends up alright, Pep does seem to want to give Ferran Torres a go as a number 9 or false 9 as I don't think Pep maybe bar Lewandowski at Bayern(though he would drop deep) and Zlatan at Barcelona (though that didn't last long) has ever really played with an out and out CF and prefers his strikers to fluid.

Though saying that the opportunity to buy a striker who scores potentially 25+ goals a season doesn't come around to often.

As for Man Utd again it's an odd one if Cavani hadn't signed a new contract then 100% they would be first in line, as above posters say though it all depends on what they do with Martial, he's never looked confident enough to lead the line as a number 9 and drifts out the game too much when played out wide, maybe he would be sold if they look to bring in Kane or perhaps they could use him as part of the deal
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Will that Torres striker not be pushed ahead next season? City have not bought a galactico player yet, it's usually expensive left and right backs 

He'll most likely get more game time alright. Its not unusual for a Pep signing half a season or a whole season to learn and become a first team regular - Sane, Mahrez etc

Why buy a galactico when you can waste £55m on Benjamin Mendy
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:16pm
No good signing Sancho if no one to score from him assisting. Should go all out for Haaland, who will only get better IMO. 100+ on Kane seems awful lot when centre midfield and centre half need more addressing.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:17pm
Cavani Heart
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:17pm
💦
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:56pm
Fred is so bad at football.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fred is so bad at football.
Absolute poxy footballer
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Would suggest you take a look at what the MUST, Spirit of Shankly etc are saying and doing.
SOS are meeting with Billy Hogan today for example, as mandated to do by their members. 

I agree that both have put out manifestos, but I can help but feel that they are somewhat "pie in the sky", especially MUST's requests in terms of a share issue. The truth is, as unpalatable as it may be, we have gone beyond the point of no return when it comes to the commercial interests of football, especially the clubs which also have a brand running with them. No owner, is going to nominally give up control, without their investment being returned, let alone handing an equal share in terms of how it is run, for little return . The only way that control will be relinquished is if the supporters can put together a consortium, which is big enough to overtake the existing owners. Or alternatively, see it on a "representative democratic" basis were owners that share their values take over the club.

Going back to basics is what supporters who want the "real experience" may need to do, and that might involve defecting from the big "club", in lieu of the supporters led initiatives which exist in places like Manchester and London already, where you can buy shares, or voting membership, or cheap season tickets, and have your say in the running of new and developing clubs that have, ingrained in their culture fan ownership, local representation etc.

It might not be popular, as people may see it as me implicitly arguing that protests like these don't work. But I'm not arguing that. Brendan has rightly mentioned Chelsea offering supporters involvement in board meetings, but a quick look at Chelsea's website would suggest that it will be a window dressing exercise, where the supporters nominated will have no real say, will have no vote, and will sign confidentiality agreements.  It has the vibe of "bring your kid to work day", so its not really a concession.
Formal announcement yesterday that Liverpool supporters will now have an influence over how the club is run that will be written into the constitution of the company. A perfect example of why fans should fight for what they believe in and proof they can exact change. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Harry Kane to Utd seems like a natural fit. Can’t really see him at City and don’t think He’d move to another London club.
Not a Liverpool type player either 
With Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford & Martial all capable of playing there do they really need to spend 100+ million on him? Seems a bit mad, money would be much better spent elsewhere IMO 

Its Kane. I think they would win the title next yr if they bought him. Absolute no brainer. None of the above come close to him. Cavani in his prime yes. 

Would be a good signing but seems to struggle with injuries for a lot of the season.
Think a pacey centre half and a defensive midfielder to eliminate the need to play McTominay and Fred should be prioritised
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:17pm
Elanga Clap

I expect Wolves to come back and win to end United's away run but nice to see Elanga score. 

Good cross by James.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:35am
Ole really needs to deliver a win tonight
It would damage this forums' reputation
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:24am
Some penalty shoot out, but can't help but think that it was one that slipped through the fingers in normal time.
The better team over 90 minutes but OGS not bringing on fresh legs until later in Extra Time let them back into the game
Disappointing over all
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:40am
Ole obviously didn’t trust his subs as he should have made changes in the last 20 mins to finish the game off.

After Utd scored on 55 they were on top for about 10 mins but the intensity died down. That was when subs should have been made.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:58am
United's lack of quality in their squad was evident last night, poor bench despite spending around £1 billion on players since Ferguson left. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:19am
1-1 in a cup final and Ole brings Fred on for Greenwood LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:46am
A strange substitution for both, Greenwood was playing well whilst Rashford looked knackered
How Van De Beek didnt get on I have no idea, although in fairness to Fred he took his penalty well
Diallo has looked good in the limited chances he's had, him and Donny against tired legs might have been the difference

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16811682168316841685 1770>
  Share Topic