Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16391640164116421643 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:30pm
Fred and Tuanzebe especially were both excellent. Wan-Bissaka can fly in a bit too much but some of his tackles were very good tonight. 

Great start in a tough group for United. 

That absolute dose Richie Sadlier was clearly sickened United won LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:38pm
Hopefully Solskjaer's contract is extended now
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:10am
De Gea brilliant in goal. 

Tuanzebe was an absolute monster at the back. For a fella who was 10 months out to come back and play like that up against Mbappe is ridiculous. Tuanzebes speed is frightening.

Credit to the entire back line thought they all did well. Lindelof and Shaw very good in the 3. Wan Bissaka ran Tuanzebe close for man of the match. Telles looks promising. 

Fred and McTominay superb in the middle too. 

Solskjaer spot on with his tactics too. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:52am
Ole does it again.

After heavy home defeats by Palace and Spurs it looks like he will be out the door soon.
Then goes and beats PSG away.

They will prob lose their next 2 home games now. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 8:55am
Anyone able to explain the Martial/AWB story on Twitter/Instagram? I gather one got someone knocked up, and while posting a pic to apologise posted a pic of someone else?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone able to explain the Martial/AWB story on Twitter/Instagram? I gather one got someone knocked up, and while posting a pic to apologise posted a pic of someone else?

Might want to give OK magazine a shout.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Ole does it again.

After heavy home defeats by Palace and Spurs it looks like he will be out the door soon.

Which is "The Real OGS"?

Before now I'd have said it was the Palace/Spurs version.

But on the basis that a good manager can screw up (esp if not given adequate tools for the job), a bad manager cannot really step up (barring maybe an FA Cup run).

Could it be that if OGS were given time, and the players, he might eventually graduate to the level of Pep or Klopp etc?

I always quote the example of Alex Ferguson. When he went to MU, he was already in his mid-40's and immensely successful in Scotland. The team he inherited wasn't that bad, and he wasn't completely starved of money etc.

Yet it was still 6 [SIX] full seasons before he won the League.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Ole does it again.

Which is "The Real OGS"?

But on the basis that a good manager can screw up (esp if not given adequate tools for the job), a bad manager cannot really step up (barring maybe an FA Cup run).

Could it be that if OGS were given time, and the players, he might eventually graduate to the level of Pep or Klopp etc?

I always quote the example of Alex Ferguson. When he went to MU, he was already in his mid-40's and immensely successful in Scotland. The team he inherited wasn't that bad, and he wasn't completely starved of money etc.

Bit different considering Ferguson showed signs of greatness beforehand as you say, whereas Ole's "success" was a Norwegian league and getting sacked by Cardiff...

Edited by HuntysCousin - 21 Oct 2020 at 1:00pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Which is "The Real OGS"?

Bit different considering Ferguson showed signs of greatness beforehand as you say, whereas Ole's "success" was a Norwegian league and getting sacked by Cardiff...

True enough.

But everyone has to start somewhere - Ferguson at East Stirlingshire, OGS at Molde.

And maybe the sacking of OGS says more about Cardiff than it does about him?

Remember, Ferguson was sacked by St. Mirren before he got the Aberdeen gig! LOL

Besides which, post-Fergie, the OT job has defeated other, hugely more successful and experienced managers than OGS. (And I don't mean Moyes Wink)

Edited by Territorial - 21 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:21pm

Which is "The Real OGS"?
Anthony Martial
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:20pm
Lacklustre first half, both teams seem too cautious. Mendy the closest to scoring LOL
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:22pm
Its like united playing with 10 players Daniel James has been so invisible that half. Get greenwood on for him will offer so much more going forward 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:04pm
This game is a steaming pile of sh*te 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:24pm
Gave Ole credit on Tuesday night but that was a disgraceful set up tonight. What does Dan James do in training to justify starting a game like that? VDB has looked good every time he has played but is unused sub tonight, baffling! Ole really is out of his depth.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:28pm
far too slow a tempo.

Will actually agree with you. Game was crying out for VDB
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Gave Ole credit on Tuesday night but that was a disgraceful set up tonight. What does Dan James do in training to justify starting a game like that? VDB has looked good every time he has played but is unused sub tonight, baffling! Ole really is out of his depth.

I don't rate James but it's daft to say OGS is out of his depth just because you don't agree with VDB not playing today. 

I like VDB and I've a feeling OGS will play him against Leipzip on Wednesday even if he isn't starting. Fernandes looked a bit tired and off the pace today and should've been subbed. OGS certainly deserves criticism imo on that one.

OGS may not be a success with United but it seems the players respect him. I would reserve judgement on him and see how the season pans out. United will be doing very well to get near 3rd this season. 

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Oct 2020 at 8:04pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't rate James but it's daft to say OGS is out of his depth just because you don't agree with VDB not playing today. 

I like VDB and I've a feeling OGS will play him against Leipzip on Wednesday even if he isn't starting. Fernandes looked a bit tired and off the pace today and should've been subbed. OGS certainly deserves criticism imo on that one.

OGS may not be a success with United but it seems the players respect him. I would reserve judgement on him and see how the season pans out. United will be doing very well to get near 3rd this season. 

Its not daft to say he’s out of his depth at all, do you think I’m making that assumption from one game? How has his managerial pedigree suggested he’s the right man for the job? Has he done enough to suggest he’s good enough for the job? Very little natural progression and he needs to go sooner rather than later.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Its not daft to say he’s out of his depth at all, do you think I’m making that assumption from one game? How has his managerial pedigree suggested he’s the right man for the job? Has he done enough to suggest he’s good enough for the job? Very little natural progression and he needs to go sooner rather than later.

Like Murph with Stephen Kenny,  I think your mind is made up on OGS from day 1. It doesn't matter what he does. 

I think if he wasn't an ex-United player, he wouldn't have gotten the job as his managerial record wasn't good enough. He came in and did well initially and got a longer contract before the season had ended disastrously which I didn't agree with actually at the time. 

3rd place was good but not great achievement last season as he met the objective of getting United back in the CL. On the back of that, OGS deserves at least until the end of this season and we'll have a better idea of where United are at.  

Managers with much more impressive CV's have failed at United irrespective of any recruitment/transfer policy or Woodward or anything else so OGS deserves a bit more time before United pull the trigger on him. 

The players are playing for OGS in a way the United players didn't under Moyes. Moyes was out of his depth but for me it's Jeckyll and Hyde stuff with United under OGS so far and the jury is still out on him imo. 

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Oct 2020 at 8:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16391640164116421643 1770>
  Share Topic