You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15931594159515961597 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:17am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Brandon Williams excellent again, what a player he is going to be.

I look forward to seeing him lining up against Trent Alexander Arnold for many years to come !!
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Fred, Williams, Maguire and Matic were good tonight I thought

Martial offered nothing.

He was terrible, it seems like he only seems to play well when alongside Rashford, terribly frustrating as he is a class player when he puts his mind to it!

He's a one good game in 7 or 8 man

Read something the other week were they were comparing him to Balotelli as a bit of a wasted talent and it said Martial has never beaten Balotelli's best goals tally for a season in England
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Brandon Williams excellent again, what a player he is going to be.

He was superb last night, brilliant defensively and in attack, he is miles ahead of any young player I have seen in the last decade, hell even since the class of 92 (I remember someone compared him to Borthwick Jackson earlier in the thread LOL)

He is still very young and a raw talent, hopefully he'll continue to develop and stay injury free!

He has a long way to go to have as successful a senior career as Borthwick Jackson.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:06am
He was good defensively. Kept Mahrez quieter than the game at Old Trafford where he'd a tough night.
Wouldn't go as far to say he was brilliant in attack last night
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:23am
It probably says it all about where Man Utd are at right now that a semi-decent, and little more, left back from their academy is being lauded by the fans.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:57am
Yeah Williams is good, Greenwood too. Martial's too inconsistent to be a top player. 
Was impressed with Fred v Liverpool. Was at the game and he was probably the only player on the Utd side that I thought looked decent that day. Don;t watch enough Utd games to know how good/bad he actually is. Gets a lot of flak but seems to be playing well enough lately according to reports
Some people just deserve a slap
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It probably says it all about where Man Utd are at right now that a semi-decent, and little more, left back from their academy is being lauded by the fans.

A young local lad stepping into the first team with no experience and doing well for himself? I'd say the reaction is pretty normal for anyone into football, people are happy that the lad has been impressive so far.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 30 Jan 2020 at 12:19pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL

Imagine the shock to see United fans excited about an academy prospect coming through and performing excellently.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 6:34pm
Tbf, it's absolutely no shock that lads on here are lauding this guy and thinking that's the LB position sorted for the foreseeable future LOL the more things change, the more they stay the same.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 6:58pm
Williams is still young (not as young as young Doherty) but has been very impressive so far. 

He looks very promising and has played himself into being a guaranteed starter. That's pretty good going. 

We'll know more after another season or two. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:46am
Linked with a moved for Joshua King, another ex youth team player
Strange one

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Tbf, it's absolutely no shock that lads on here are lauding this guy and thinking that's the LB position sorted for the foreseeable future LOL the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Except once again, precisely nobody has said that.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Strange one

Very. Decent but nothing more than that 
Some people just deserve a slap
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Strange one

Does he count as "home grown", even "home produced"?

Just sayin' like... Wink
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 11:40am
Looking like United won't get any striker in before the window closes. 

Linked with Joshua King. Even an average striker is better than nothing given how desperate their current striking options are. 

Edited by irishmufc - 31 Jan 2020 at 11:40am
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Linked with Joshua King. Even an average striker is better than nothing given how desperate their current striking options are. 

Why bring in an average striker on a permanent deal though? 6 months down the line, they'll be in a better position to sign someone of quality, and then they either let King waste away on the bench/reserves, or have to try to sell another player of no use. If it was a loan deal, I wouldn't see any issue, but I don't see the point in bringing in someone on a permanent deal when they are most likely going to be of no use in half a year's time.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:37pm
I think a lot of clubs are in the same boat when it comes to strikers.

No point in paying big money for a striker when you we might be able to find better value come the summer 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Why bring in an average striker on a permanent deal though? 6 months down the line, they'll be in a better position to sign someone of quality, and then they either let King waste away on the bench/reserves, or have to try to sell another player of no use. If it was a loan deal, I wouldn't see any issue, but I don't see the point in bringing in someone on a permanent deal when they are most likely going to be of no use in half a year's time.

Needs must as United are in serious danger of not even challenging for the top 4 for the rest of the season and they will miss out on any potential (unlikely) FA Cup or Europa League success. 

They simply have to get a striker in or the rest of the season is practically a write-off imo. After 6 months King could be a good squad player. He's an experienced EPL striker. 

He wouldn't have been my choice but I'd have him over nothing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15931594159515961597 1770>
  Share Topic