Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15751576157715781579 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:05pm
Sheff Utd completely lost their composure on the ball. Knew that was coming.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:23pm
Good game
Sheff Utd didn’t deserve to lose it, glad they got the late leveller 
Sensible decision, couldn’t disallow that for a hand ball. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:25pm
Worst possible outcome! A defeat and surely Ole would have been under serious pressure, a point gives him a stay of execution. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Worst possible outcome! A defeat and surely Ole would have been under serious pressure, a point gives him a stay of execution. 

Would you have rather a loss than a draw?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 11:35pm

Woodward doesn't have the balls to sack him. If he gets rid of Ole at the moment, it'll make him look even more incompetent than he already does (hard to believe it's possible to be fair). He would need the team to be on a brutal run, instead, it'll just be a season of constant mediocrity.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If it meant sacking Ole and appointing a competent manager then yea.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 9:09am
Terrible first half performance, better in the second, but both halves highlight OGS's failing and even with a win, I'd be saying the same thing, time to go
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 12:40pm
Looks like Ed is after pissing off Fergie too:

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 12:55pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If it meant sacking Ole and appointing a competent manager then yea.

I doubt you'd want Ireland to lose if it mean't getting rid of a manager you don't like would you? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 12:55pm
I find it rather odd why United fans see Ed Woodward as much as a hate figure as Blackburn fans hated the Venkys or the Mags with Mike Ashley.

The sheer amount of money United managers have been sanctioned by him has been outrageous, instead of looking closer and blaming under performing players or managers the fans direct most of their hate and anger towards Woodward.

I do get that Woodward isn't a football man per say and has made mistakes, but it's very naive for Man United fans to think he is the route of all their problems imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Looks like Ed is after pissing off Fergie too:

Nothing conclusive there of a row. Could just be having a normal conversation given the facial expressions
in those photos
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I find it rather odd why United fans see Ed Woodward as much as a hate figure as Blackburn fans hated the Venkys or the Mags with Mike Ashley.

The sheer amount of money United managers have been sanctioned by him has been outrageous, instead of looking closer and blaming under performing players or managers the fans direct most of their hate and anger towards Woodward.

I do get that Woodward isn't a football man per say and has made mistakes, but it's very naive for Man United fans to think he is the route of all their problems imo.

If the person in charge of the plan actually doesn't appear to have a plan then it's obvious they will be the one who will be questioned. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If the person in charge of the plan actually doesn't appear to have a plan then it's obvious they will be the one who will be questioned. 

Tell me how many clubs in the Premiership are consistent with their plans i.e. between sticking with managers, recruitment policies, promoting players from within the youth set up, constantly backing mangers in the transfer market etc. 

I would argue there are very few when you add everything up.

The simple fact is 99% of football fans wouldn't have a clue about the inner workings of how a club works and instead of looking at results/players/manager etc United fans are solely blaming a guy who
gave them Jose Mourinho when they wanted a top manager, he gave them Solskjaer when they wanted him on a full time basis? 

He has backed managers to the tune over £700m + since he took over or something along those lines with a poor enough return on player sales.

Again, it's beyond delusional for anyone blaming Woodward for every problem United have.

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Tell me how many clubs in the Premiership are consistent with their plans i.e. between sticking with managers, recruitment policies, promoting players from within the youth set up, constantly backing mangers in the transfer market etc. 

I would argue there are very few when you add everything up.

The simple fact is 99% of football fans wouldn't have a clue about the inner workings of how a club works and instead of looking at results/players/manager etc United fans are solely blaming a guy who
gave them Jose Mourinho when they wanted a top manager, he gave them Solskjaer when they wanted him on a full time basis? 

He has backed managers to the tune over £700m + since he took over or something along those lines with a poor enough return on player sales.

Again, it's beyond delusional for anyone blaming Woodward for every problem United have.

To answer your question, how quickly you get this answer depends on whether you stop from the bottom of the league table and work up or the other way around. 
Liverpool and Leicester are not where they are by accident. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
No denying that both Liverpool and Leicester are very good examples but there are countless clubs who don't operate like either in the Premiership.

It helps that Leicester are a middle of the road Midlands club with reasonable expectations (not deluded like Watford or Everton for argument sake) while Liverpool have been extremely inconsistent as a club for the best part of 30 years bar a few glory years, so it was clear allowing Klopp the freedom to implement his ideas and methods over a long period (backed by the owners) was needed to get them back to where the club belongs.

Man United are victims of their own success, fans are restless because they can't accept they are no longer top dog anymore and are basically using every avenue possible to blame their worries on one man basically Confused

The funny thing is United could go out and spend £100m in January on players the manager want's and he's still getting the brunt of it?

Maybe if they just accepted that they're now seen as nothing more than a top 6 side and appreciate the glory years they would be more understanding.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:26pm
Not the sole blame, but certainly deserves a portion.
Seems to be an astute business man, but lacking football knowledge.
Has had a key role in the hiring of all of Fergies successors, none of who could be considered successful
Though not the only reason for the poor performances this year, the recruitment during the summer has to be questioned, a number of key positions leaving and not being addressed, namely midfield and upfront. Again, a Woodward issue
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:28pm

No denying that both Liverpool and Leicester are very good examples but there are countless clubs who don't operate like either in the Premiership.

It helps that Leicester are a middle of the road Midlands club with reasonable expectations (not deluded like Watford or Everton for argument sake) while Liverpool have been extremely inconsistent as a club for the best part of 30 years bar a few glory years, so it was clear allowing Klopp the freedom to implement his ideas and methods over a long period (backed by the owners) was needed to get them back to where the club belongs.

Man United are victims of their own success, fans are restless because they can't accept they are no longer top dog anymore and are basically using every avenue possible to blame their worries on one man basically Confused

The funny thing is United could go out and spend £100m in January on players the manager want's and he's still getting the brunt of it?

Maybe if they just accepted that they're now seen as nothing more than a top 6 side and appreciate the glory years they would be more understanding.

The thing is, that is not what has happened. Since FSG have taken over, they've had an idea of how they want to structure the club and run things - They've made some large mistakes and learned from them and after a number of iterations have now come upon a set up that works of which Klopp is only a part - A very important part- but a part nonetheless. 
Throwing money at a problem without a plan just doesn't work - United are proving this. If I was a United fan, I'd be disgusted that nothing has been done to put in place a plan and a structure in terms of player development and recruitment under the guidance of a sporting director who has a vision and has been tasked with implementing it. That whole phrase of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results really springs to mind here. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Not the sole blame, but certainly deserves a portion.
Seems to be an astute business man, but lacking football knowledge.
Has had a key role in the hiring of all of Fergies successors, none of who could be considered successful
Though not the only reason for the poor performances this year, the recruitment during the summer has to be questioned, a number of key positions leaving and not being addressed, namely midfield and upfront. Again, a Woodward issue

I would argue that bar a handful of clubs in world football, they would have taken hand and all to get Jose Mourinho in charge of their club so again no idea why he'd ever be blamed for getting him in? He also back Mourinho with huge funds/wages and again he's the one to blame?

I have to laugh at that point because your very clubs manager said he would have been happy to work with the squad he inherited before the season ended and again in June after they signed James and Wan Bassaka.

Then Woodward goes out and gets him an £80m defender on top of that? I agree United were light up top front when Lukaku left but there has to be a balance, even at a top club with spending on transfers (Especially when you factor in how much money United have spent in the past decade on transfers)

United fan's have the nerve to poke fun at Chelsea and Man City's spending, yet they think the answer to all of their problems is to outspend everyone else in the hope it gets them out of this hole they're in as a club?

A dose of reality and perspective is needed at Old Trafford and acceptance of the clubs new position as merely a top 6 club (on the pitch anyway)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15751576157715781579 1770>
  Share Topic