You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15741575157615771578 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:09pm
When Mourinho left, Poch was the first one I thought that they should go after to replace him with, but questioned why would he leave Spurs to go to United. Now that's he's available I personally think they should do everything to get him. The OGS experiment is doomed to fail sooner that later, most likely sooner, and 1,3,6 months down the line they shouldn't be regreting not striking when they could have
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

When Mourinho left, Poch was the first one I thought that they should go after to replace him with, but questioned why would he leave Spurs to go to United. Now that's he's available I personally think they should do everything to get him. The OGS experiment is doomed to fail sooner that later, most likely sooner, and 1,3,6 months down the line they shouldn't be regreting not striking when they could have

Aye. Be madess not to go after him.  Personally I don't think Poch would want the job and think he will end up at Bayern or Barca
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Personally I don't think Poch would want the job and think he will end up at Bayern or Barca

Not sure about Man U. Bayern maybe, Real Madrid even, but definitely not Barca.

He was/is a hero at Espanol and is on the record as saying he could never manage Barcelona:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-barcelona

PSG might be an outside bet, since Poch once played for them. Tuchel was only given a two year contract when he signed in May 2018 and although he has since been given an extension, it was only for 1 year (i.e. til 2021), so he'd be easy/cheap to sack.

It all depends on how they do in the CL (winning Ligue 1 is a given). Though they've made an excellent start in the Group this season, if they don't give it a really good go for the rest of the competition, questions will be asked. And if they screw up again like they did last season vs Man U, then it could end there and then.

Whereas MP's stock must still be high after getting Spurs to the final.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
I'd like to think he'd want the challenge but that's probably the Red Tinted Glasses
'Arry's quoted in the paper that wanted and expected to be appointed last year, so would hopefully suggest some interest, but then again, it is Redknapp
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 4:48pm
I would rather United stick with Ole. He deserves a fair crack at it. The team is currently on a decent run of form, and lads like Martial, James, McTominay, Rashford, Wan Bissaka have clearly performed for him, they've all had good seasons thus far. He's making an effort to get rid of all the deadwood, and the team looks young and fit - the youngest team out of any team starting a Premier League game so far this year in the recent win over Brighton.

There are also a lot of negatives, though i don't see any point mentioning them here as the past 100 or so pages of this thread have been devoted to arguments over them. Put simply, Ole has (in my opinion) shown enough that keeping him on in order to see if and how he can progress the team is a worthwhile exercise.

To appoint Poch simply because he is now available would be a slap in the face to Ole, and also to any standards that were ever at United. Ole has been promised he will get time to do a rebuild, the decision makers upstairs have repeatedly said he's their man. It may not work out. But if the club rows back on that and just trades him for the new shiny model, it's not 'an elite mentality' as some would say, it's short-term stupidity, the like of which the club needs to move away from.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:41am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I would rather United stick with Ole. He deserves a fair crack at it. The team is currently on a decent run of form, and lads like Martial, James, McTominay, Rashford, Wan Bissaka have clearly performed for him, they've all had good seasons thus far. He's making an effort to get rid of all the deadwood, and the team looks young and fit - the youngest team out of any team starting a Premier League game so far this year in the recent win over Brighton.

There are also a lot of negatives, though i don't see any point mentioning them here as the past 100 or so pages of this thread have been devoted to arguments over them. Put simply, Ole has (in my opinion) shown enough that keeping him on in order to see if and how he can progress the team is a worthwhile exercise.

To appoint Poch simply because he is now available would be a slap in the face to Ole, and also to any standards that were ever at United. Ole has been promised he will get time to do a rebuild, the decision makers upstairs have repeatedly said he's their man. It may not work out. But if the club rows back on that and just trades him for the new shiny model, it's not 'an elite mentality' as some would say, it's short-term stupidity, the like of which the club needs to move away from.

They really aren't.

Ole will never be a top manager, it would be a mistake to miss out on Poch in the off chance Ole can turn it around.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:57am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

They really aren't.

Ole will never be a top manager, it would be a mistake to miss out on Poch in the off chance Ole can turn it around.

I'd have to agree and just discussing it here, there's been some decent results and decent performances lately, but I wouldn't consider that a good run of form.

Also agree about OGS, as much as I like him, I think he's destined to fail at some stage, sooner rather than later I feel. Get Poch in, who, despite not having won anything, I think will have a better chance of getting things out of this squad that Ole
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:16am
Also just watched OGS's press conference there and saying it's not about top 4 this year. Yes, it's extremely unrealistic that they'll get there. Seems to me like it's laying the new level expected
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:34pm

They beat nothing but cannon fodder with all due respect.

United still have to play City and Spurs home and away, aswell as Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester all away from home.

They'll be lucky to finish 6th or 7th. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm
Jones ya moron. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Jones ya moron. 

How is he still at the club.... Tuanzebe would of been a better option to start in that position
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:53pm
he’s comical genius Jones 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:53pm
Tuanzebe has done well at CB any time I seen him. Had a good season with Villa on loan. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm
Ole sacked in the morning.  Welcome Mauricio.  I mean Big Sam.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:11pm
Ole out of his depth has to be sacked.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:17pm
Perreira is a nothing player for what appears to be now a mainstay in the team in central midfield 

AWB hasn’t exactly pulled up trees since his move?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Perreira is a nothing player for what appears to be now a mainstay in the team in central midfield 

AWB hasn’t exactly pulled up trees since his move?

He was brutal for the Bournemouth goal but has been decent this season at full back imo. 

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:31pm
Big Phil off LOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15741575157615771578 1770>
  Share Topic