You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15541555155615571558 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 4:27pm
United were better with Matic on the pitch. No doubt McTominay was the better central midfielder but Fred was awful when he came on including an unpressured pass directly into touch when the intended recipient was in five yards of space as well.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They’d be in even bigger trouble had they not signed Daniel James from Swansea in the summer who’s been one of the few players who’s looked good enough so far this season

The likes of Matic and Mata still running about Dead

The need a 15 goal a season striker, and they actually don’t have one now that Lukaku is gone. Greenwood and Chong are based in potential, and Rashford is a decent striker, but doesn’t look a world beater. Martial is the best they’ve got, which I think speaks for itself.

Edited by Het-field - 22 Sep 2019 at 7:14pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:08pm
Based on potential do you not mean?
They have no reputation yet at 17 years old 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:13pm

Based on potential do you not mean?
They have no reputation yet at 17 years old 

Absolutely correct. My mistake.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:17pm
Utd have been lucky that Spurs and Chelsea have also been poor so far. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:41pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:45pm
Just saw that LOL
Looks like that’s what is said
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:18pm
A lot of united problems aren’t of his making, but Solskjaer is so far out of his depth in this job.
Watched a clip of the press conference were they said to him that Mourinho said on sky sports today that there’s been no improvement since he took over. He was like little boy lost in his response. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:24pm
Perreira and McTominay are total nothing players 

McTominay will be at Sunderland in a few years

Ashley Young playing left back at 34 for a club have spent 6, 7 hundred million in the last 8 years (or whatever it is) is one of the most ridiculous things to have happened in recent years in football 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Sep 2019 at 11:29pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:30pm

Ashley Young playing left back at 34 for a club have spent 6, 7 hundred million in the last 8 years (or whatever it is) is one of the most ridiculous things to have happened in recent years in football 

£872m since 2013 I heard on the radio earlier. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:36pm
£872 Million. Eye watering stuff. And does that include the hiring of two world class coaches and the headhunting of one of the most stable PL managers around?

How they have fallen so hard is difficult to understand.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:39pm

I think McTominay is decent myself, agree with Perreira & the rest of your post. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:10am

Sunderland will probably be championship next season, and seem to be turning things around slowly. I doubt very much they'd interested in McTominay unless they did get stuck in League One for a few more seasons.

Perreira is comedy gold. He must be watching Pogba closely as he's another total imposter of a footballer.

Watching Maguire move like an oil tanker for Yarmalenkos goal was a sight to behold also. This circus won't be ending anytime soon. Up there with the all time great comedies like Seinfeld imo. Ed Woodward has that Newman kind of vibe to him.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:35pm
Moleman's reservations on Wan Bissaka's attacking abilities haven't been disproven so far in his United career. He's offered nothing in the attacking third yet.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 1:32pm

They’d be in even bigger trouble had they not signed Daniel James from Swansea in the summer who’s been one of the few players who’s looked good enough so far this season
Must admit, I've been surprised at how well he's started the season.

But considering his youth/inexperience, I'd be astonished if he were to maintain that level of performance over 30-odd games for the rest of the season. If nothing else, opponents will be marking him out for special attention.

MU need to plan for resting him from time-to-time, otherwise he could burn out. And he's already been a major part of what little they've achieved so far this season, so goodness knows where they'd have been without him.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 1:49pm
That clip of Jones & Woodward in the stand, are they saying what people think they are? Crazy if true
Some people just deserve a slap
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

£872 Million. Eye watering stuff. And does that include the hiring of two world class coaches and the headhunting of one of the most stable PL managers around?

How they have fallen so hard is difficult to understand.
It's not just Moyes/LvG/Mourinho, thiugh.

It's becoming ever more evident that Ferguson bequeathed them more problems than we knew.

Which is not to criticise him, on the contrary, the way he managed an otherwise ordinary squad of players to the title in his final season was easily the most outstanding feat of management since Clough took Forest to the League title and two European Cups.

But with continuing (apparent) success, the Glazers weren't inclined to give him money to rebuild the squad, and with his imminent retirement, he was never going to demand it, either. (Also wouldn't have wanted to be stepping on Moyes' toes).

Unless OGS or a successor starts getting things right, and very very soon, then I could see MU facing similar problems to those Liverpool faced post-Dalglish: decades without a title.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Sep 2019 at 2:09pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

That clip of Jones & Woodward in the stand, are they saying what people think they are? Crazy if true

Jones says "That's poor..." and Woodward responds with "We're on camera - stop." According to my amateur lip-reading skills at least.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15541555155615571558 1770>
  Share Topic