You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15511552155315541555 1770>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:01pm
Such a long way to go for this team but there are some things worth getting excited over. Dan James has hit the ground running, Fred was good when he came on yesterday, some of the interchanges between Chong and Pereira were fantastic. 

Its a team with a lot of young players that will have disappointments aplenty this season, but it's a step in the right direction with a good few of these players.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm
Gary Neville doing an astounding PR job on Solskjaers behalf on Monday night football. Absolutely embarrassing some of the stuff he's coming out with. How has he got a bit of credibility left.

Comparing the likes of Perreira McTominay to the young lads coming through in the mid 90s at United LOL saying how could anyone see what was going to happen to Sanchez when he came to United LOL (tbf Carragher pulled him straight away on that utter nonsense). Saying United are 3 players away from something like a title challenge LOL

F*ck me. He should just retire after that.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 16 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Gary Neville....           ....Saying United are 3 players away from something like a title challenge LOL
"Three players short", is it?

Did no-one think to point out that Best is dead and Charlton and Law are both getting on a bit these days?
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:43pm

Gary Neville doing an astounding PR job on Solskjaers behalf on Monday night football. Absolutely embarrassing some of the stuff he's coming out with. How has he got a bit of credibility left.

Comparing the likes of Perreira McTominay to the young lads coming through in the mid 90s at United LOL saying how could anyone see what was going to happen to Sanchez when he came to United LOL (tbf Carragher pulled him straight away on that utter nonsense). Saying United are 3 players away from something like a title challenge LOL

F*ck me. He should just retire after that.

Were they doing another gig on a different channel?

Years ago, United’s spine were players like Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Peter Schmeichel, Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Eric Cantona.

“The spine of that team is immense. The problem with United’s team now, is not the younger players on the pitch.

“The spine of the team is Victor Lindelof, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Ashley Young and David de Gea.

“Who knows what the likes of Andreas Pereira, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James will become, they need a spine.

There's a sense that Manchester United have got young players - are they good enough or are they not? I look at the young players in the team against Leicester and there's Wan-Bissaka, Perreira, McTominay, James and Rashford. I say to myself are they good enough? At this moment in time, no. They've still got to prove themselves.

Confused
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:58pm
Go away with your facts.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Gary Neville....           ....Saying United are 3 players away from something like a title challenge LOL
"Three players short", is it?

Did no-one think to point out that Best is dead and Charlton and Law are both getting on a bit these days?

It would have to be - 

VVD
KDB
Messi 

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:18pm
Moley in talking out of his arse shocker!

Neville said United (and Chelsea) are a few years away from challenging for anything and need patience from the board and fans to build the foundations of a team that can challenge (like Liverpool with Klopp taking 4 years to win a trophy)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
He kept saying that the young players at United were not the issue. That if United got in 3 quality, experienced players that they would not be be far off a title challenge. It was utter nonsense. I'm not sure where the confusion is here. Did people actually watch it?

He outlined a team with the likes of himself, Butt, etc. in it from '94 I think. Then showed Uniteds last starting 11 with the likes of Perreira, McTominay etc. Then he said that the issue in both sides is that the older, more experienced players of the current side simply aren't at the level of the '94 side. He was implying that the younger players on each side were much of a muchness. That the current crop of young players are easily good enough with better senior players around them. It was pure nonsense. Perreira alone is an awful awful footballer.

He mentioned nobody spotting Sanchez would be a disaster, which Carragher rightly laughed at him for.

His analysis of the current United situation was comical. He is clearly going to back Solskjaer no matter what. It was a pure PR spin job. The funny thing is that Neville goes so far into the realm of nonsense, that these pro Solskjaer rants will end up having the opposite effect.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Moley in talking out of his arse shocker!

Neville said United (and Chelsea) are a few years away from challenging for anything and need patience from the board and fans to build the foundations of a team that can challenge (like Liverpool with Klopp taking 4 years to win a trophy)

He specifically said that they 3 experienced players short of being close to a title challenge did he not?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:31pm
I suppose the key thing will be if the young players turn out to be good enough.
Its alright blooding a handful of them - Perreira, McTominay, Greenwood, Chong etc, but will they be good enough in a few years to be part of a United team competing for the biggest trophies.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:34pm
There isn't a person watching Perreira over the past 18 months who thinks he is good enough for a title challenging championship side, let alone a PL one.

His comments about the younger players last night were the realm of fantasy stuff.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:58pm
Perreira is vastly overrated. 

The basic point stands, blooding young players is fine if the senior ones are up to it. But having Lingard etc as senior members of your squad shows United are a million miles away from challenging for a title.  
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm
I wouldn't dispute that at all. It's clear United need more quality experienced players brought in. The comparison to the teams in the mid 90s is comical though. That was a once in a lifetime batch of younger players that came through at United. Neville is clutching at straws thinking some of United younger lads like Perreira are good enough.

Also his comments about looking where Liverpool were 3 years ago, and how quickly it can change. He has been trotting this one out for months now, that United are at the start of a process that Liverpool went through. It simply doesn't stack up. First of all, and most importantly, Liverpool have Klopp, United have Solskjaer. No matter what quality players United buy, they will still have Solskjaer at the helm.

Also, Liverpool didn't go down a route of throwing 5-6 young players into a team at one time and hoping it comes together. They actually weeded out almost all of the younger underperforming players over a couple of years. Trent Arnold and the likes of Brewster are very much in the minority in a plan to move on all players that weren't ever going to be of a high enough standard. Young or old, they were eventually moved on. United on the other hand seem to be going with lots of younger players just because they are young, quality of the younger player seems to be secondary.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:27pm

I wouldn't dispute that at all. It's clear United need more quality experienced players brought in. The comparison to the teams in the mid 90s is comical though. That was a once in a lifetime batch of younger players that came through at United. Neville is clutching at straws thinking some of United younger lads like Perreira are good enough.

Except his actual, literal words were that some of the younger lads like Pereira are not good enough.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Except his actual, literal words were that some of the younger lads like Pereira are not good enough.

See, this is why everything he said last night was utter nonsense. He clearly implied that the issue with the current team is the senior players. This is to follow on from Solskjaers actions of moving on the likes of Sanchez and Lukaku. Neville has stuck to this mantra all summer. Some PR job by him.

Last night he compared the 94 side to the current one showing how United now need a few experienced players to kick on. He is clearly implying the current young players are good enough now in this scenario. That the problem lies with the current senior players. This is why he says that getting 3 experienced, quality players in will push United right up close to Liverpool and City - how could that be the case if Neville doesn't rate the 7-8 younger players at United?

Then right at the end, he asks himself are the current young players good enough right now and he says no. The complete opposite of what he'd spent 20 mins going on about. So his whole analysis is a mass of contradictions and nonsense. Tbf to him, he's going all out on this it will take Solskjaer 2-3 years thing. He's buying him as much time as possible.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 17 Sep 2019 at 3:41pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:49pm
Why would you waste so much of your own time listening to someone you regard as clueless?

You need to get a life.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Why would you waste so much of your own time listening to someone you regard as clueless?

You need to get a life.

YBIG IS MY LIFE
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:44pm
Who exactly predicted Sanchez would be a disaster? Captain Hindsight
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15511552155315541555 1770>
  Share Topic