You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester derby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Some goalkeeping that to prevent the equaliser.

Both strikes were kicked at him tho.... A fair amount of luck involved.
Take your point but good positioning!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:09pm
Jose pre match saying city are a lucky team.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Have teams not worked out how shoite city are at the back

Yeah, brutal!
Champions in early December
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, brutal!

In fairness Doc has a point. West Brom twice already this season, managed at the time by Mr. Negative himself Tony Pulis, have exposed chinks at the back but every other team seem to scared to attack them Geek
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Yeah, brutal!

In fairness Doc has a point. West Brom twice already this season, managed at the time by Mr. Negative himself Tony Pulis, have exposed chinks at the back but every other team seem to scared to attack them Geek

That’s totally racist
Sun Jihai left years ago
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm

Yeah, brutal!

That’s totally racist
Sun Jihai left years ago

LOL
How can I ever be racist to him. He's ranked as one of the greatest players to ever play on English soil alongside Bobby Moore, George Best and Gary Lineker (this is a true story btw, no sarcasm or anything)

Edited by coyne - 10 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:17pm

Yeah, brutal!

Stoke ripped them to shreds a couple of times as well!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:40pm
Yeah, two deflected goals
To shreds
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Yeah, brutal!

Stoke ripped them to shreds a couple of times as well!

Ripped to shreds, never mind the 7 goals put in against them, simple fact is if you attack City they will kill you on the counter, head and shoulders above anyone in the league at the moment, great to watch
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:16am
While city dominated the ball and deserved to win they were nearly punished for not finishing them off, had Lukaku taken that easy chance. Bit like the first half when they took a lead but then fell asleep and didn’t capitalise on all the possession. One slight complaint is that recently City’s strikers haven’t been scoring many.
Should be league over now, best team in the league by miles
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:35am

Ah heor. Team's can't get the ball off them to attack them - and even when they do they instantly have every outfield Man City player pressuring them relentlessly until they force a mistake or win back possession. Teams are not 'too afraid' to attack them - it is just extremely hard to do against a well drilled Guardiola side.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:48pm
Find city hard to watch myself, peps obsession with dominating possession makes games a bit boring I find, unless you're a city fan i suppose, personally I have no interest in watching one team completely domiante the other, just doesn't make for a good spectacle.

For all their possession, how many chances did they actually create?

Same reason I never really enjoyed watching his barca teams

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:40pm
Sterling/Jesus/Sane all had decent first half chances, they had a bucket load in the latter stages of the match too
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Find city hard to watch myself, peps obsession with dominating possession makes games a bit boring I find, unless you're a city fan i suppose, personally I have no interest in watching one team completely domiante the other, just doesn't make for a good spectacle.

Fair enough, though it is possible not to enjoy watching them, but still acknowledge their excellence nonetheless.

For all their possession, how many chances did [Man City] actually create?
Is that not missing the point somewhat?

Which is that MU were more concerned with denying City chances than creating their own.

Which is fair enough if you were a "lesser" team but would concern me if I were a MU fan.

For this was a home game which MU had to win if they were to maintain a realistic hope of winning the League. And it is Jose's second season in charge, meaning he has been given the time and money he needs to get his team playing his way.

Yet rather than saying: "This is who we are and this is how we play, so let's both go for it and may the better team win", Jose chose City's 'house style' as the starting point to determine his own selection and tactics.

And the only way you can really justify that at a big club like MU is if you win. 

And they never really looked like doing that, did they?

Or to put it another way, before the game, most City fans would have taken a draw. But by the end of the game, most would have been disappointed with a draw.

Meanwhile, Pep was thinking only of the win, before, during and after.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:50pm

Are you a United fan Shoco? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Are you a United fan Shoco? 

I have an interest in them.

If you look back over the Barca thread I have said the same thing about them when he was in charge.

For me, an exciting game is when two teams play their part, peps obsession with possession just doesn't allow this to happen. Absolutley fine if you're a fan of them, but as a neutral I don't enjoy watching games they play in., it's just constant one way traffic

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Fair enough, though it is possible not to enjoy watching them, but still acknowledge their excellence nonetheless.

For all their possession, how many chances did [Man City] actually create?
Is that not missing the point somewhat?

Which is that MU were more concerned with denying City chances than creating their own.

Which is fair enough if you were a "lesser" team but would concern me if I were a MU fan.

For this was a home game which MU had to win if they were to maintain a realistic hope of winning the League. And it is Jose's second season in charge, meaning he has been given the time and money he needs to get his team playing his way.

Yet rather than saying: "This is who we are and this is how we play, so let's both go for it and may the better team win", Jose chose City's 'house style' as the starting point to determine his own selection and tactics.

And the only way you can really justify that at a big club like MU is if you win. 

And they never really looked like doing that, did they?

Or to put it another way, before the game, most City fans would have taken a draw. But by the end of the game, most would have been disappointed with a draw.

Meanwhile, Pep was thinking only of the win, before, during and after.

I acknowledge their excellence, I just don't enjoy watching a one sided game if it's not my team that's dominating.

I have no problem with how he wants his team to play, and that's fine if you're happy to sit back and enjoy watching his team play, but i don't think it creats a great or exciting game of football.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Ah heor. Team's can't get the ball off them to attack them - and even when they do they instantly have every outfield Man City player pressuring them relentlessly until they force a mistake or win back possession. Teams are not 'too afraid' to attack them - it is just extremely hard to do against a well drilled Guardiola side.

So teams can't attack them except if you're West Brom? Is that what you're saying? 
WBA should of beaten them not once but twice already but for terrible finishing.

The 2nd time round should of unlocked the blueprint on how the defeat city but teams are so psychologically scared they just roll over from the first whistle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic