You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14351436143714381439 1770>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

First United manager in history to win his first 6 games
I love how certain people are writing off a manager whose won every game in charge since he came in....its hilarious to click onto twitter and into WhatsApp groups to see people saying how they want him to do well so United give OGS the job and to enjoy watching the decline there after.

While OGS is not the big name people expected its quite clear he's had a big impact and the players have responded to him and his system. 

I'll be the first to admit I had my doubts over him but I'm blown away by the impact he's had on certain players. Long may this run continue. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:00pm
Back in the title race now
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:01pm
Jamie rednap gave pogba a right aul sucking off tonight.
With Brighton up next it could be 7 in a row. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:04pm
Solskjaer should be favourite for the job now I think 
He’s had some start and all the players are going to want him to be permanent manager now. It’s only a matter of time until Charlton or Ferguson come out saying he should get the gig full time

To be fair, the mood around the dressing room and state of their football under Mourinho, made it an easy enough job to come into and see an improvement, but he couldn’t have done anymore so far. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Herrera was excellent, such an intelligent footballer.

What exactly does he do apart from fouling and rolling around the pitch.

If you honestly don’t know there’s no point trying to explain, football isn’t for you bud.

Apologies that my opinion differs than yours.

I see you don't think the Pogpa challenge was a either.

mmm.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:11pm
Just on the whole Mourinho saga and the players seeming to be unhappy or some at least under him, I still say any players involved in sh*t stirring in the dressing room should have also been fcked out the door, no player or group of players are bigger than any club and certainly have never been at Utd, so am surprised that nobody paid the price
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:13pm
It’s easier to get rid of a manager than 5 or 6 underperforming players who weren’t pulling their weight, but are now under a new manager though. 
We saw similar with Mourinho at Chelsea and Ranieri at Leicester 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Solskjaer should be favourite for the job now I think 
He’s had some start and all the players are going to want him to be permanent manager now. It’s only a matter of time until Charlton or Ferguson come out saying he should get the gig full time

To be fair, the mood around the dressing room and state of their football under Mourinho, made it an easy enough job to come into and see an improvement, but he couldn’t have done anymore so far. 

Paddy Power have already paid out on him getting the job on a permanent basis. I'm always wary about caretaker managers getting the job full time, theres been too many examples of them failing after getting the contract, but if he continues the job hes done so far, it would be hard to not give him the chance. I'm personally still of the opinion that they should be going all out for Poch.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:16pm
Different circumstances though Baggio.

Mourinho picked a fight with literally everyone, like a real life version of Terri.
Ranieri was ratted out.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It’s easier to get rid of a manager than 5 or 6 underperforming players who weren’t pulling their weight, but are now under a new manager though. 
We saw similar with Mourinho at Chelsea and Ranieri at Leicester 
It was probably nearer 10 or 15 players to be fair though. Even Matic seems to have upped his pace & game 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:21pm
I’d be on the fence about him getting the job permenanty. The team could just be experiencing a honeymoon period under him currently which could soon wear off. He’s done an amazing job but it wasn’t hard to see what needed to be done when Jose was sacked. I think if he gets the team back in to decent shape by the end of the season and Poch came in that would be the ideal situation. If Poch doesn’t come then maybe he will be given the job.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:23pm
No manager can or should be judged on 6 games, he’s started well but they couldn’t have gone any lower under Mourinho
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:25pm
It wasn’t just that they were under performing, they weren’t let perform either.

Both full back are allowed to get forward now.
Matic playing forward passes the the never did under Jose.
Pogba getting into dangerous positions instead of having to hold back in case they lose the ball.
The two wide attackers not having to defend first.

It’s not magic what OGS has done, there’s decent players there and he’s just letting them play

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:03am
I didn't expect OGS to do great tbh.  He has done brilliantly since coming in.  HOWEVER, most managers if they have any bit of likeability factor about them get a honeymoon period from the players where everybody is happy and all the negativity under the previous manager is gone and everyone suddenly is motivated.

I would hold off all accolades until the end of the season.  If he is still doing a great job offer it to him.  But Spurs was their first difficult game under his reign. He has passed this test.  I would expect a gradual downward series of results over the next 4 months. Not back to the doom of Mourinho but maybe halfway between the form they are in now and the form under Mourinho. 

It would be madness to offer him the job until the season is over.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:52am
they got battered in the second half today and it wasn’t for poor spurs finishing and great goalkeeping it could have been 4 or 5 -1.  

I hope it convinces the utd board to go for OGS. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 4:08am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It's weird because Mike Phelan is the un-sung hero as he is the brains in the coaching team, OGS is just that happy guy keeping everyone happy but it's a combination which is working extremely well.

It's a very likeable setup however. I think they'll get folded over by PSG but if they keep this up in the league it'd be hard not to consider keeping the setup.

Moyes' biggest mistake was getting rid of him when he took over from Ferguson.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:44am
Regarding the manager, Man U really need to back the next permanent one in the transfer market for the long term.

Young, Valencia, Herrera, Mata, Jones and Darmian are all out of contract end of season.
You would expect at least 3/4 of them to be off. 

The players they want to keep De Gea, Martial and Rashford all have one season remaining so extensions need to be sorted ASAP.

Them decisions need to be made re Rojo, Bailly, Fred etc

A lot of money needs to be spent.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Regarding the manager, Man U really need to back the next permanent one in the transfer market for the long term.

Young, Valencia, Herrera, Mata, Jones and Darmian are all out of contract end of season.
You would expect at least 3/4 of them to be off. 

The players they want to keep De Gea, Martial and Rashford all have one season remaining so extensions need to be sorted ASAP.

Them decisions need to be made re Rojo, Bailly, Fred etc

A lot of money needs to be spent.

You'd think they haven't given their last couple of managers a penny reading that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14351436143714381439 1770>
  Share Topic