You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13211322132313241325 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Lad from Porto in the work says he’s a good talent, but the move is a bit too soon for him, he could do with another year or 2 of guaranteed games first

He only played 7 games last season at Porto. With Valencia aging and no obvious cover at right back you'd imagine he'll develop at United rather than Porto

you're obviously forgetting timothy fosu-mensah

The chap who went on loan to Crystal Palace played mostly as a CB and then was dropped from the first team?

good man. played RB for them. started 21 games in PL last season. also, who at the age of 20 has now 3 caps for dutch national team. but yea, whatever you want to take from it in order to try make a point.

Well actually he only started 17 games for them, 4 subs appearances, 3 games in Feb  1 game in March, so yeah try and paint it up however you want it, what I said isn't wrong. Wasn't in the squad for the last 5 games of the season. Must just be a huge coincidence that when he was dropped they started winning

Injury would do that to a player.

Had a great game against City, never gave Sane a kick.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:01pm
Fred signing completed for £52m

Close to signing Dalot from Porto as well for £18m, medical later in the week apparently.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Close to signing Dalot from Porto as well for £18m, medical later in the week apparently.

I’m sure he is a good player but I think Man U have a need for players in other positions.

The front 3 is Sanchez, Lukaku plus One other.
Maybe Gareth Bale comes in but they need somebody. Martial is off and Rashford is deemed not good enough.

I still think they need a creative midfielder like Eriksen/Fabregas to break down the wall put up by most teams v Man U.

A left back and possibly a center back. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:31am
Alderweireld being heavily linked now.

Haven't seen much of Fred. Tim Vickery compared him to Fernandinho which must be great news to United fans. A box to box midfielder who can do a bit of everything would be some addition.
Others have said he's a deep lying midfielder and him and Matic are going to "free up Pogba"
That's £90m+ in order to "free up" £90m.
IMO Pogba played in a free role a lot last season with Herrera and Matic behind him, so I don't really agree with this theory that he hasn't been played in his best position.

Alderweireld, Rose/Sandro and someone like Bale would make United quite formidable looking.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:33am
Fred sounds like a player perfectly suited to playing for United.
I say, perfectly suited to play for United.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I’m sure he is a good player but I think Man U have a need for players in other positions.

Maybe Gareth Bale comes in but they need somebody. Martial is off and Rashford is deemed not good enough.

I still think they need a creative midfielder like Eriksen/Fabregas to break down the wall put up by most teams v Man U.

While I agree about the need for more creativity in the middle, I can't say I agree that they have a need for players in other positions. Carrick has retired and Fellaini looks like he'll leave too, so they definitely need numbers in midfield. I have seen very little of Fred, but what I'm reading from South American based journalists is promising. A right winger next please
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:05am

A centre mid or 2 had to be signed,Carrick and most likely Fellaini gone .
A LB is the next priority and a RW .A centre back would be a good addition but probably not as urgent as the other 2 positions .

Who has deemed Rashford not good enough, he has gotten a lot of time the last 2 seasons and I'd expect that to continue.

I think Martial is only sold if a new attacker is bought, which I'd expect to be a right sided attacker. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

LOLClap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

LOLClap

I think Fred is perfeclty suited to Man Utd's style of football.

Fred Flintstone
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:29am

While I agree about the need for more creativity in the middle, I can't say I agree that they have a need for players in other positions. Carrick has retired and Fellaini looks like he'll leave too, so they definitely need numbers in midfield. I have seen very little of Fred, but what I'm reading from South American based journalists is promising. A right winger next please

Carrick played one league game all season. He was effectively gone last season.
Felleini was hardly used as a CM last season at all. 

Matic/Herrera/McTominay/Pogba etc are all still there in the middle.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:31am
McTominay isn't good enough and won't have a future there IMO.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
Mourinho asked the new signing which side of the midfield two he prefers to play in.
Right said Fred.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:03pm
That's cxxtish Baggio DeadLOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:14pm

Carrick played one league game all season. He was effectively gone last season.
Felleini was hardly used as a CM last season at all. 

Matic/Herrera/McTominay/Pogba etc are all still there in the middle.

4 players is not enough for an entire season
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:21pm

Mourinho asked the new signing which side of the midfield two he prefers to play in.
Right said Fred.
LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:57pm
Awful Baggio but I gave us a grin all the same 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 1:47pm
If they add Danny Rose they will have signed....

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 3:34pm
A complete overhaul of the back 4 would probably be more of a priority
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13211322132313241325 1770>
  Share Topic