You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13171318131913201321 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:40pm
be interesting to see Jose brings in 
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:42pm
U18's manager Kieran McKenna touted to replace him 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:47am
Faria leaving may not be the worst thing. Someone with fresh ideas coming in might be of some benefit to Jose, and United 
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:38pm
Anyone heading over next weekend? Heading over on my tod, if anyone wants to tie up for a gargle before the game. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:02pm
No Martial in the squad today. I think that spells the end of him at United 

Edit: Supposedly his missus is in labour, either that or he's injured

Edited by bhob - 13 May 2018 at 2:36pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:06pm

Asked whether United have improved overall this season, Mourinho told MUTV: “It depends the way you want to analyse it.

“If you want to be positive and respect the effort of everyone and the clear numbers and pragmatic numbers of the improvement, you say all positive things – the best position for five years, a huge amount of points that would normally give a fight for the title until the last few weeks, lots of clean sheets, Golden Glove, more goals than last season and the second-best team in the country.

“Also, in the second major competition in the country, we are one of the two best teams; we are playing the [FA Cup] final so if you want to read it in a positive way, you can in a very objective way.

“But if you want to be negative, you can always be negative. You can be negative until the point that you say that Scott McTominay, who is a kid who arrived here at nine years old, is not good enough.

“So if you want to be negative, you can be negative without dimensions.”

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:23pm
The McTominay comment was aimed at Gary Neville I believe
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:27pm
Yeah it clearly was

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:00pm
Alex Sandro to United being rumoured. Would be a quality signing if they get him
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Alex Sandro to United being rumoured. Would be a quality signing if they get him

Hasn't been at his best this season but on his best form he is excellent..He didn't make the Brazilian squad which is very surprising. 

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:30pm
I'd be delighted if it happened, but I can't see it to be honest. He is not your typical Mourinho full back
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:36am
I was surprised Felleini wasn’t named in the squad yesterday.
When Lukaku doesn’t start Man U find it hard to score.
I think it’s 4 out of 5 games this season. He would have been useful to bring on.

Jose can claim Chelsea played with 9 men behind the ball but when they had the ball there was an urgency to get forward.
Man U did NOTHING in the first half. That was a waste of 45 mins of football.

In the 2nd half Chelsea had a clear plan to counterattack and Man U couldn’t break them down. They really need a creative player in the middle. 

Carrick is gone and there will likely be another 3/4 following him.

IMO all these are for sale

Blind
Shaw
Martial
Felleini
Rojo
Darmian 
Mata

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:39am
If United went 1 up. They'd play with 11 behind the ball.

And this is what Jose's teams struggle with, and that is coming from behind the trying to win a game.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I was surprised Felleini wasn’t named in the squad yesterday.
When Lukaku doesn’t start Man U find it hard to score.
I think it’s 4 out of 5 games this season. He would have been useful to bring on.

Jose can claim Chelsea played with 9 men behind the ball but when they had the ball there was an urgency to get forward.
Man U did NOTHING in the first half. That was a waste of 45 mins of football.

In the 2nd half Chelsea had a clear plan to counterattack and Man U couldn’t break them down. They really need a creative player in the middle. 

Carrick is gone and there will likely be another 3/4 following him.

IMO all these are for sale

Blind
Shaw
Martial
Felleini
Rojo
Darmian 
Mata

I think they’d be much better served keeping 2 or 3 off that list & getting rid of the manager 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If United went 1 up. They'd play with 11 behind the ball.

And this is what Jose's teams struggle with, and that is coming from behind the trying to win a game.

The three promoted teams all beat them this season.
They definitely struggle to beat teams who defend deep with 11 men behind the ball. They really need a creative player in the middle of the park. City have Silva and Debruyne. Man U have no player like that.

They’ve actually come from behind to beat Chelsea a few months 2-1. Conte learned from that and showed tactical nounce.

The next 6 months is make or break for Jose.
He needs a good transfer window and a strong start to the season.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:53pm
United have Mata but Jose no longer trusts him.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

United have Mata but Jose no longer trusts him.

I really didn't see the point in bringing him on with 5 mins left yesterday, he should have been introduced earlier 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:16pm
Jones going to the World Cup  should give us plenty to laugh atLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13171318131913201321 1770>
  Share Topic