Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12901291129212931294 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:27pm

Alexis Sanchez has described a transfer he spent 18 months angling for as “abrupt” while admitting he “expected something better” from his move to Manchester United.

Sanchez’s desire to leave Arsenal was no secret, but he is yet to find his feet at Old Trafford with just one goal in his first 10 games for the Red Devils. Sanchez was benched for the weekend’s FA Cup win over Brighton.

With reports that Sanchez’s new team-mates are not entirely enamoured with their Chilean superstar and Henrikh Mkhitaryan starting to show some form after making the opposite move it’s been a tough spell for Sanchez.

“As I am self-demanding, I expected something better,” said Sanchez.

“The change of club was something that was very abrupt – it was the first time I’ve changed clubs in January – but many things have happened in my life that are difficult.”

Sanchez’s struggles almost led to him pulling out of Chile’s squad for the friendlies against Sweden and Denmark.

“After my arrival at United, it was hard to change everything very quickly. I even hesitated to come here,” he said having joined up with the squad in Sweden.

“I had asked permission to miss these games, but then I thought better and spoke with Claudio [Bravo] and told him that we should all be united.

Sponsored Links

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:40pm
doesn't actually say "he expected something better". that's poor reporting. his comment is that he thought better of missing the chile games as he had previously asked permission to do so
think the chap needs the summer to come quickly to have a proper break away from football. he'll be all the better for it. hasn't had a full summer break in a few years
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:58pm
A nothing article in fairness.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:49pm
and even if he did say he'd expect better than 1 goal in 10, I'm not really sure anyone would be aghast
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:53am
Bit of a long shot but looking for a fa cup semi final ticket for United- Spurs game if anyone happens to hear of a spare. Cheers. 

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Mar 2018 at 8:53am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm
Ibra's contract terminated with immediate effect. Shocked
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:37pm
Only cos he's gone straight to LA.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:07pm

I thought the Lion wasn’t leaving until he won the big trophies
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:17pm
Fair play to him for having a go at the PL at his age and with all the expectation that comes with being a player of such level. Was able to contribute many goals and two cups. Hopefully injuries don't curtail a chance in the MLS
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:18pm
Zlatan
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:01pm
Zlatan

Brilliant first season. Pity about the injury, off to a handy season or two in LA.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I thought the Lion wasn’t leaving until he won the big trophies

I f*cking cant stand that c*nt. 

Had a very good season last season though. Any idea what sort of money he'll be on over there?

Edited by The Huntacha - 22 Mar 2018 at 10:40pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:43am
Ibrahimalazybitch, most over-rated player this Century, since Cantona really.

Big men for the small occasion.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:05am

Zlatan was an excellent acquisition for the marketing department of Man Utd PLC.
El Puto Amo
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Love this - dont people call Ronaldo lazy too (probably two of the hardest trainers out there).

11 league titles in 4 different countries scoring 421 goals; and 62 goals for Sweden in 116 appearances. Even if all of his goals and performances came on small occasions, he did a damn good job of it.

Now 'rating' is subjective but must go down as one of the better players of his generation.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Love this - dont people call Ronaldo lazy too (probably two of the hardest trainers out there).

11 league titles in 4 different countries scoring 421 goals; and 62 goals for Sweden in 116 appearances. Even if all of his goals and performances came on small occasions, he did a damn good job of it.

Now 'rating' is subjective but must go down as one of the better players of his generation.
Won some of those 'titles' after Juve stripped of one and then relegated and Milan docked points.

2009 - Barca won CL - Zlatan at Inter
2010 - Inter won CL - Zlatan at Barca
2011 - Barca won CL - Zlatan at Meelan
LOL

Also he never scored in the World Cup Finals.

Bottler.

Edited by Gary McKay - 23 Mar 2018 at 3:13pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Won some of those 'titles' after Juve stripped of one and then relegated and Milan docked points.

2009 - Barca won CL - Zlatan at Inter
2010 - Inter won CL - Zlatan at Barca
2011 - Barca won CL - Zlatan at Meelan
LOL

Also he never scored in the World Cup Finals.

Bottler.

Well of the 99.9999999% of the world's population that are 'bottlers', he must be the best!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:33pm
Zlatan, the biggest bottle job since Roberto Baggio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12901291129212931294 1770>
  Share Topic